Question - Custom ROM

Search This thread

slijkhuis

Dec 5, 2014
Amsterdam
Hi All,

I'm pretty new to all this Android customization. I bought a Nexus 5X for development purposes, I already changed the Bootimg, which was nice and got the hang of that. With the custom ROM's I now found out how to remove the .apk's in the ROM to lighten it up.

Currently I've been experimenting with xTraFactory due to that it is light and removes alot.

Though I want to make it even lighter, Gapps that are in it, I want it all out, all of it. Calculator, other apps, just keeping the core functions of the device, phone, messages. and I have 2 apk's that I want installed a SIP client and a openVPN app.

The thing that annoys me the most is the Google search bar on the homescreen. I cannot seem to get it away. I've tried the SU Uninstaller thing, made the thing crash so I have to start over in recovery :eek:

Anyhow, do you guys have any tips for me on how to take this task on?

Much appreciated! :)

k.s.deviate

Dec 3, 2010
Calgary
Hi All,

I'm pretty new to all this Android customization. I bought a Nexus 5X for development purposes, I already changed the Bootimg, which was nice and got the hang of that. With the custom ROM's I now found out how to remove the .apk's in the ROM to lighten it up.

Currently I've been experimenting with xTraFactory due to that it is light and removes alot.

Though I want to make it even lighter, Gapps that are in it, I want it all out, all of it. Calculator, other apps, just keeping the core functions of the device, phone, messages. and I have 2 apk's that I want installed a SIP client and a openVPN app.

The thing that annoys me the most is the Google search bar on the homescreen. I cannot seem to get it away. I've tried the SU Uninstaller thing, made the thing crash so I have to start over in recovery :eek:

Anyhow, do you guys have any tips for me on how to take this task on?

Much appreciated! :)

Only thing you can do is to use a different launcher. You can install nova launcher than use titanium backup to uninstall which ever launcher is installed. (Usually its Launcher3 on an AOSP ROM)