[Question] Error E1001: Failed to update system image, ERROR 7

Search This thread
Mar 20, 2014
Hi everyone

I tried to install [ROM]ResurrectionRemix 5.8.3 25/05/17 [7.1.2] Nougat for Togari | XDA Forums and I faced with error ,
1-I can not install TWRP recovery and each time when the flashing is finished , after reboot there is no TWRP recovery at all...

2-I found ZU-DooMKernel-v22.zip and that contain boot.img file for in it , I used and tried to install from Flash tools , Fastboot mode , Select kernel to hot boot and after that It was boot in TWRP recovery.
This error belong to this area :

3-I changed the "Edit your updater-script" from here and after finishing the installation and flashing the google apps , Reboot the phone , and it just vibrate and nothing happen

SONY Z ULTRA C6802
Would you please help me ?
I really need to install the android 7.
Thanks

Mar 20, 2014
Edit your updater-script

find this line
Code:
.... package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat.br", "system.patch.dat") ||
  abort("E1001: Failed to update system image.");
change to :
Code:
.... package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat.br", "system.patch.dat");

Just replace " ||" with ";" and delete line abort("blablabla"):
That wasn't work for me

Rjtrana

Jul 19, 2021
Edit your updater-script

find this line
Code:
.... package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat.br", "system.patch.dat") ||
change to :
Code:
.... package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat.br", "system.patch.dat");

Fkin not working

Rjtrana

Jul 19, 2021
Try using sideload insted of sd

i had the same error and i could do nothing...then I thought my sd maybe giving the error so i tried the sideload mode and believe me..........it worked
option 2:-if u have backed up your rom (or by anyhow if you can) try flashing another (in my case...an older) version of twrp. it also worked for me. would be glad if this helps you.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Solved...had some matters with the data partition.
Not working 😕

Oct 27, 2021
If you get this error after you edit original ROM, try this: open original (not edited) ROM archive with 7zip and edit it inside 7zip without extracting it. When you done editing just press save. You will be asked if you want to update archive because of your edit. Just press update archive. This should work for you as it was the only solution that worked for me.

JoelJoseph2901

Apr 14, 2022
For me, it is showing this error ( E:1001 ) while installing LineageOS after clearing all the data ie. Factory Reset and clearing all System, Boot and Cache. But at the same time, it works fine and installs the Custom ROM without clearing the data and a working Custom ROM is installed.

This error is coming only for Lineage OS 14.1. I tried all the LO 14.1 Builds but the same error is coming. I had installed LO 17.1 but due to some bugs I wanted to Install a older version.
Device : Samsung Note 10.1 ( SM-P601 )
Build : n1awifi

I tried all the fixes mentioned above but none of them worked.

Does anyone have an idea about this issue?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For the posterity :

in TWRP go to advanced > terminal, then create /cache/recovery with

mkdir /cache/recovery
    solved the problem for me

Source : https://android.stackexchange.com/q...ineage-16-samsung-galaxy-note-2-gt-n7100-t03g
    Edit your updater-script

find this line
    Code:
    change to :
    Code:

For the posterity :

mkdir /cache/recovery

Source : https://android.stackexchange.com/q...ineage-16-samsung-galaxy-note-2-gt-n7100-t03g

Posterity works!!! I found your post by googling and it solved my issue, thanks again! :geek:
    It works!

For the posterity :

mkdir /cache/recovery

Thank you so much! Before doing this, my Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus (A6020) wasn't able to install any ROM, but it's over! Now I can install custom ROMs with no flaws :D :good:
    Hi.
    This is my first time working with ROMs, wanted to see if I could unpack and repack them and have them work, so I would know if my later changes cause problems. I've noticed if I unzip a ROM, then zip it again, without any changes made, I get this error within a few seconds of starting the flash. If I don't unpack and repack the zip, it flashes fine.

I use the Android Kitchen, to unpack/repack, and signed the zip. Anyone know what's going on?

Did a full wipe with TWRP before flash attempt.

Code:
    Starting ADB Sideload feature...
    Target: google/occam/mako:5.1.1/LMy48M/2167285:user/release-keys
    detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
    Patching system image unconditionally...
    E1001: Failed to update system image.
    Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

Thank you,
    Josh