Question: If I Downgrade Amazon Ali G6 XT1925-6 to 8 would I be able to unlock the bootloader?

Search This thread

johnl12

May 9, 2021
So, I have been doing a lot of reading and I think this would work. As we know Amazon is not allowing Moto Ali G6 XT1925-6 to be unlocked. One person said he was able to unlock his phone that had Oreo on it. If I use the oldest 8 stock ROM from https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/ali/official/AMZ/ I think I should be able to unlock the bootloader. Then I can install any custom ROM.

As I understand it since both factory ROM would have the same manufacture signature. Or did anyone have a better solution?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
  • Sep 21, 2011
    South Dakota
    goo.gl
    Moto X4
    Moto G7 Power
    So, I have been doing a lot of reading and I think this would work. As we know Amazon is not allowing Moto Ali G6 XT1925-6 to be unlocked. One person said he was able to unlock his phone that had Oreo on it. If I use the oldest 8 stock ROM from https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/ali/official/AMZ/ I think I should be able to unlock the bootloader. Then I can install any custom ROM.

As I understand it since both factory ROM would have the same manufacture signature. Or did anyone have a better solution?

No, if you downgrade firmware with a lock bootloader, you will not be able to toggle the "OEM Unlocking"
    because the device will not boot.

johnl12

May 9, 2021
    OK, now that it is brick shouldn't I now be able to install any ROM I want via rescue? Sorry, but I like to think outside the box.

Oh., I think I should state why I want to go to 11. It Dark Mode.

I am having problems looking at my phone. Gmail on 9 doesn't have Dark Mode. Websites are white. Even "Setting" can't be changed which when I set the theme to Dark you would had thought it would. I am using Chrome Beta so that helps, I've tried those blue light apps.
    I was hoping that switching to 11 would give me more Dark mode options. I can't buy a new phone right now.

If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. Thanks