• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question [Question] Is Realme 8 Pro rootable?

Search This thread

sapu98

Nov 24, 2018
I've been waiting since its release to be able to root it, there are some tutorials online but they look sketchy and I dont trust them.
The only one I would trust is made by the magisk team but it has a link that says "cooming soon" when you try to download the Realme 8 Pro stock rom, which is also not present on the official realme website.
This is what made me skeptic: how can the youtube indian guy have the stock rom meanwhile neither the official website and magisk have it? is it worth to give it a try or if I mess up I wont be able to restore my phone? has anyone tried to do so? which tutorial should i use?

mArIuS%

Nov 12, 2016
At this time there is no solution to root realme 8 pro, in-depth test app is not working with this device so far, firmware is not avaleble to download (from a credible source). We just have to wait, i don't know for how long, i just hope devs will find a solution in a shot time.

StratOS_HTC

Sep 25, 2007
Celje
Realme 8 Pro
First the bootloader "can" be unlocked and this is the primarly thing to do.
Secondary rom images allready exists.

https://oppostockrom.com/oppo-realme-8-pro-rmx3081
http://www.frpbdteam.online/

Zip and opf's can be extracted .... So boot (kernel and ramdisk) can be modified to work with modified Magisk and all other needed things (Bootloader unlock, FRP, vbMETA, Verity ...) to gain root.

Regarding recovery and flash via current recovery the things are not known yet, also custom recovery options.

Update: Will be very hard to participate for this device ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At this time there is no solution to root realme 8 pro, in-depth test app is not working with this device so far, firmware is not avaleble to download (from a credible source). We just have to wait, i don't know for how long, i just hope devs will find a solution in a shot time.
    I've been waiting since its release to be able to root it, there are some tutorials online but they look sketchy and I dont trust them.
    The only one I would trust is made by the magisk team but it has a link that says "cooming soon" when you try to download the Realme 8 Pro stock rom, which is also not present on the official realme website.
    This is what made me skeptic: how can the youtube indian guy have the stock rom meanwhile neither the official website and magisk have it? is it worth to give it a try or if I mess up I wont be able to restore my phone? has anyone tried to do so? which tutorial should i use?