[Question] Moto Camera DPI

Search This thread

ToYeD

Aug 27, 2010
So I rooted and wanted to set the screen PPI/DPI to the actual calculated value of 400-403 (Motorola says it's 403 but the actual calculated value is 400.53). Problem is, it screws up the icons in the camera app and Google Search bar on the homecreen. I've attached screenshots to show you what I mean, but I'm sure most of you are aware of this happening as it tends to when you lower the DPI/PPI. The screens of the screwed icons are at 403 DPI/PPI and the screens where the icons are fine are at the default 480 DPI/PPI.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Or is it just something that can't be helped at lower DPI/PPI values?

Attachments

• Screenshot-Camera-403PPI.jpg
    Screenshot-Camera-403PPI.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 982
  • Screenshot-Camera-480PPI.jpg
    Screenshot-Camera-480PPI.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 942

dpacmittal

Mar 12, 2011
I have this exact same issue. I changed DPI to 400 using adb. I also have profile picture thumbnails messed up in both Viber and Whatsapp. So far I haven't found any solutions. Changing DPI to 360 works for the camera, but not for thumbnails in Viber or whatsapp.

bablu048

Nov 6, 2015
rourkela
So I rooted and wanted to set the screen PPI/DPI to the actual calculated value of 400-403 (Motorola says it's 403 but the actual calculated value is 400.53). Problem is, it screws up the icons in the camera app and Google Search bar on the homecreen.
Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Or is it just something that can't be helped at lower DPI/PPI values?

Mother of all ad blocking ???:D:D

I have this exact same issue. I changed DPI to 400 using adb. I also have profile picture thumbnails messed up in both Viber and Whatsapp. So far I haven't found any solutions. Changing DPI to 360 works for the camera, but not for thumbnails in Viber or whatsapp.

PPI is a hardware component i.e how many pixels are there in a inch of screen.
DPI is a software component in broad terms i.e how much area a software is allocated. so changing it to too low will have bad effects.

change the DPI to 430-440 it looks nice and it will solve your problem.

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

How did you change your DPI? I read that the adb method alone is not enough. You must change the value on build.prop too. Making the two things may work.

it would be easy if you are rooted. simply go to /system/build.prop and look for ''ro.sf.lcd_density=480'' and change it accordingly.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2015
Sergipe
Do what I did, install the AppSettings via Xposed, choose the DPI you want normally in build.prop, In the AppSettings settings, select Motorola Camera and place it in the DPI 480 (stock), so I use here without problems.

Reactions: LuizHenrique91

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do what I did, install the AppSettings via Xposed, choose the DPI you want normally in build.prop, In the AppSettings settings, select Motorola Camera and place it in the DPI 480 (stock), so I use here without problems.