• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question on s20+

Search This thread

wmichelsen

Jul 29, 2009
Hello, this is my first Samsung device. I have one question that I can’t seem to find an answer for. On all my past Android devices, when I was done using the phone I could just briefly push the Home button to lock the device, not having to use the side button. Is there w way to set this device up to do that? Right now I have to continually have to use the side button, which to me in annoying. Is there a way to enable the home button (or add a button) to lock the device. I’m also using nova launcher. Thank you.

Idebutterpiep

Feb 9, 2008
Zoetermeer
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hello, this is my first Samsung device. I have one question that I can’t seem to find an answer for. On all my past Android devices, when I was done using the phone I could just briefly push the Home button to lock the device, not having to use the side button. Is there w way to set this device up to do that? Right now I have to continually have to use the side button, which to me in annoying. Is there a way to enable the home button (or add a button) to lock the device. I’m also using nova launcher. Thank you.
To open or lock the device just double tick the screen.

paco8784

Dec 30, 2011
san José
You can double tap on screen to lock or unlock...or you can use this floating button to have the lock option...
Screenshot_20210727-114322_Chrome.jpg