• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Question on unlocked S21 Ultra 5g bought from Samsung

Search This thread

fil.lujan

Jul 26, 2021
Colorado Springs Co
So here's my question. I was waiting for the T-Mobile version of the s21 ultra to be in stock in the 256gig version, but it seems like that is taking too long so I had purchased the unlocked version. Yesterday when I went into the T-Mobile store, I was told that it wouldn't be able to pick up 5g and a lot of the phone itself wouldn't be compatible. Does anyone know if this is true? Sorry I know I sound like a Noob because I am, but I'm just a bit worried. If that's the case I see about people flashing stuff. Would it be possible to flash say the T-Mobile stuff to the unlocked phone so it would work? Sorry for writing a book, just wanted to be thorough. Appreciate any feed back or answers.

Filmore

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
They either lied to try and sell you a T-mobile version or they don't know what they are talking about. The US unlocked model works well with all the US carriers and has no issues picking up 5G and even supports WiFi calling.

qandres12

Aug 24, 2016
Go to a different store. They lied to you. I bought mine from Amazon, it's the unlocked 128gb version, (the 256gb wasn't in stock during the sale. They both priced the same) and it works without a problem. T Mobile 5G works really good on it.

Reactions: fil.lujan

AlvinUT2001

Mar 2, 2018
I'm getting 5G via T-Mobile on my unlocked S21 Ultra direct from Samsung. That shady store or salesperson straight up lied to you, they are ignorant about unlocked devices, or both.

Reactions: fil.lujan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They either lied to try and sell you a T-mobile version or they don't know what they are talking about. The US unlocked model works well with all the US carriers and has no issues picking up 5G and even supports WiFi calling.
    I have TMobile and an unlocked s21 ultra. They work perfectly together. No issues whatsoever with 5g.
    I have a S21 Ultra unlocked and carrier is TMobile, no problem so far.
    T-Mobile has the least number of issues if you bring-your-own-device. It's Verizon that's a real PITA.
    Go to a different store. They lied to you. I bought mine from Amazon, it's the unlocked 128gb version, (the 256gb wasn't in stock during the sale. They both priced the same) and it works without a problem. T Mobile 5G works really good on it.