• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question / Problem about the speakers

Search This thread

bkcobra

May 15, 2018
Hi, i have a question about the speakers, i recently went to a shop and got a screen protector that is applyed with a gel, i said to the them to be carefull so the gel wont get in the speakers, they replayed its ok that the gel doesnt harm, when they removed the bubles and gel from the under the screen they scrape it in the direction of the speaker on the top of the phone, the " ear speaker " , after they finished the job i tested the speakers with a song, the top speaker sounded less powefull then the bottom one, i arrived home give it a little hair dryer so the gel evaporate faster then i let stay in a game to heat for 2 hours ( they recommand that i charge it or let so the phone heat up and the gel stick and dry) , after 3 hours i tested with another phone were i installed a sound metter, and that confirmed that my top speaker was 10db less then the bottom one, it is normal or they just "broke" my top speaker ? ( Can some1 test this with a sound metter to see if the top speaker has a 10 db difference then the bottom one ? )

thank you.

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi, i have a question about the speakers, i recently went to a shop and got a screen protector that is applyed with a gel, i said to the them to be carefull so the gel wont get in the speakers, they replayed its ok that the gel doesnt harm, when they removed the bubles and gel from the under the screen they scrape it in the direction of the speaker on the top of the phone, the " ear speaker " , after they finished the job i tested the speakers with a song, the top speaker sounded less powefull then the bottom one, i arrived home give it a little hair dryer so the gel evaporate faster then i let stay in a game to heat for 2 hours ( they recommand that i charge it or let so the phone heat up and the gel stick and dry) , after 3 hours i tested with another phone were i installed a sound metter, and that confirmed that my top speaker was 10db less then the bottom one, it is normal or they just "broke" my top speaker ? ( Can some1 test this with a sound metter to see if the top speaker has a 10 db difference then the bottom one ? )

thank you.
Sorry bro, I don't have a sound meter but the speakers sound the same volume up close to my ear...

Dec 16, 2019
They're the same from what I can tell.

Yeah I don't notice any difference in the speaker volumes. I think they may have damaged it.

Also no decent/ standard screen protector has gel? I'm not sure what they put on your device. My advice would be to go back and have it removed, and to investigate with asus support for damage after they remove the screen protector, the phone should still be covered by warranty.

A few new sound meter test result... Here is the link to them!
And a few screenshots below:
2. Member conduct.

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.
2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

10. Help others if you can.

If you see posts from others where you can help out, please do so. This place exists because people are helping each other, and even if you are relatively new to the matter, there's probably quite a few people with less experience than you, who could benefit from what you've learned. Don't be shy.
I'd to nuke a few posts that commenced to become a off-topic rant. In this thread a valid question has been posted in the Q&A sub-forum. If you can support and help, please do so; it's really appreciated by all members and the moderators' team. And if you can't add value to the thread, just walk on and refrain from posting. Help if you can, and be quiet if you can't or don't want.
I like to remind everybody that on XDA all members, no matter if developer, "normal" user or wearing whatever title, are supposed to post comments in a civil manner, no calling names, neither lack of respect, flaming nor impolite.

Please do remember the XDA Forum Rules when you post. They are the ones you agreed to adhere to when you registered on this private platform.
Thanks very much for listening and your cooperation.

Respectfully
Oswald Boelcke
Your friendly neighbourhood watch

myrigon

May 30, 2013
Hi, i have a question about the speakers, i recently went to a shop and got a screen protector that is applyed with a gel, i said to the them to be carefull so the gel wont get in the speakers, they replayed its ok that the gel doesnt......

thank you.
If you're lucky, the gel may have shrunk a little on drying, so you might be able to clean the speaker grille with a fine bristled toothbrush.

Be very careful though. If you have access to a magnifying glass, that'd help.