• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[QUESTION] Questions about Nokia Lumia 930

Search This thread

krashprocess

Nov 16, 2013
Madrid
Hello, I happen to have a Nokia Lumia 930 (which I thought I lost long ago, but found recently).

My main question is what to do with this phone? I know I can update it to use W10 Mobile (even Insider versions, apparently). However that's all I know.

What can and cannot be done in this phone? I don't know if WPInternals supports it, since it's not in the list of supported phones, but I've read all around that WPInternals supports all W10 Mobile phones, so I don't know anymore.

What are some of the things that can be done with this model?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Alperen4

sobatjempol

Aug 29, 2013
Hello, I happen to have a Nokia Lumia 930 (which I thought I lost long ago, but found recently).

My main question is what to do with this phone? I know I can update it to use W10 Mobile (even Insider versions, apparently). However that's all I know.

What can and cannot be done in this phone? I don't know if WPInternals supports it, since it's not in the list of supported phones, but I've read all around that WPInternals supports all W10 Mobile phones, so I don't know anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I still play Asphalt 8 in this device, as I had some progress there. Other than that, it's still a nice camera phone with 20MP. W10 mobile left behind some enjoyment of Here Maps and featured Lumia apps, but I guess it's necessary due to security and compatibility issues.

As Windows is no longer developing this mobile platform, don't expect much on any updates on the existing apps. NFC is nothing without support from apps. Many downside on apps availability compared to Android's, i.e. PUBG, even YouTube is not officially available. You can however, maximize the use of Microsoft apps, such as Word, Excel, One Note, Outlook, Edge, but again, they're also available in Android. FYI, WhatsApp has limited feature in this version, probably some other apps also.

In the end, you can still utilize it as a music player, movie player, ebook reader, file downloader, 32GB USB data storage. That's all from me I guess.

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
www.mobiledevices.cc
The only for the Nokia 930 is the astoria build and wpinternals is dangerous.. be careful Also for the "Astoria" build .But if u want to try it you ll need this. if you want to go back to original firmware you should connect to PC ur 930 and in WPinternals under download press 'download all' to get original ffu for flashing. or visit Lumia firmware on browser and grab ur stock ffu and flash it with wpid in flash mode

smartblu

Oct 10, 2018
Not exactly. The active upgrade path goes up the "Anniversary Update" (1607)....

... and spoofing a 950 (registry editing) enable you to go up to "FCU" (1709).
It runs like a charm.
See AllAboutWindowsPhone site for details.

Reactions: Peran

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!
    Not exactly. The active upgrade path goes up the "Anniversary Update" (1607)....

... and spoofing a 950 (registry editing) enable you to go up to "FCU" (1709).
    It runs like a charm.
    See AllAboutWindowsPhone site for details.