• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question regarding OTA update after root

Search This thread

Pixeldew

Nov 30, 2018
I've rooted my redmi note 5 pro and use redwolf twrp, flashed magisk and have a few modules installed.
I've also enabled camera 2 api and have a good gcam modded apk installed as well as uninstalling multiple system apps through ADB.
Today I've received a miui update for 10.0.6 and was wondering if I were to install it, would I lose all the changes and tweaks I've made since unlocking the bootloader? would I need to re-root, download all the modules again, reapply the settings and uninstall the system apps again?

Bhanu_p_mishra

Nov 27, 2018
I've rooted my redmi note 5 pro and use redwolf twrp, flashed magisk and have a few modules installed.
I've also enabled camera 2 api and have a good gcam modded apk installed as well as uninstalling multiple system apps through ADB.
Today I've received a miui update for 10.0.6 and was wondering if I were to install it, would I lose all the changes and tweaks I've made since unlocking the bootloader? would I need to re-root, download all the modules again, reapply the settings and uninstall the system apps again?
Not sure about recovery but you have to do other changes again starting from rooting your rom to enabling your cam2api

Reactions: Pixeldew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure about recovery but you have to do other changes again starting from rooting your rom to enabling your cam2api