[Question] reverse camera app in Chinese HU.

Search This thread

Atlas-Design

Dec 23, 2019
Hello, I want to change the auxiliary lines for the reverse camera, in my rooted android HU.
Anyone knows where to find the reverse camera app directory? So i can change or customize those lines.
8227l / YT9216C Firmware.

Last edited:

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
Hello, I want to change the auxiliary lines for the reverse camera, in my rooted android HU.
Anyone knows where to find the reverse camera app directory? So i can change or customize those lines.

The reverse camera is basically hard wired. When activated, the camera is sent directly to the stream. This is not managed by an app. I have had my Head unit in recovery due to corrupted blocks, and the reverse camera still worked.

Almost certainly managed by MCT unit, definitely not an app.

Atlas-Design

Dec 23, 2019
The reverse camera is basically hard wired. When activated, the camera is sent directly to the stream. This is not managed by an app. I have had my Head unit in recovery due to corrupted blocks, and the reverse camera still worked.

I see, so is there any way to modify this or not a chance?

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
I see, so is there any way to modify this or not a chance?

It may be possible to rewire the reverse camera to use it for other purposes in an app, and it may be possible for an app to access the camera feed from the MCTX, bu tbh I don't know. It may also be possible to rewrite firmware for the MCTX.

However, it sounds like a lot of effort.

Maybe if you shared with what you are trying to achieve: "Changing the auxiliary lines for the reverse camera" does not tell us what you want to achieve by doing so, hence my guess about "using it for other purposes".

Atlas-Design

Dec 23, 2019
It may be possible to rewire the reverse camera to use it for other purposes in an app, and it may be possible for an app to access the camera feed from the MCTX, bu tbh I don't know. It may also be possible to rewrite firmware for the MCTX.

However, it sounds like a lot of effort.

Maybe if you shared with what you are trying to achieve: "Changing the auxiliary lines for the reverse camera" does not tell us what you want to achieve by doing so, hence my guess about "using it for other purposes".
the auxillary lines are a little bit low res and plane,i just wanna change that to something cool, i created a .png but guess what now i'm stumbling to that wall of MTC thing.
the stock line are a little bet fuzzy too.
If there a solution i'm willing to try it,just it has to bee noob friendly hhh

P.C when i put the HU to sleep,it shows little size for time and date,is there a way to make that big too.

Attachments

• dateHU.jpg
    dateHU.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 273

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
the auxillary lines are a little bit low res and plane,i just wanna change that to something cool, i created a .png but guess what now i'm stumbling to that wall of MTC thing.
the stock line are a little bet fuzzy too.
If there a solution i'm willing to try it,just it has to bee noob friendly hhh

P.C when i put the HU to sleep,it shows little size for time and date,is there a way to make that big too.

Still don't know what you're trying to do.

The resolution on the cam low, it is just an RCA on most android Head units AFAIK. Might be nice to have, but really - do you use it that much and does the blurry resolution stop it from serving its purpose? I wouldn't bother trying, as I'm not sure you'll get anywhere. I may be wrong...
When Android is asleep, the MCT unit will control the clock display and the reversing camera.

You might find an updated MCT firmware for your device if your searched for it. Updating is fairly simple, but DONT flash the wrong file!

Good luck.

Atlas-Design

Dec 23, 2019

Still don't know what you're trying to do.

The resolution on the cam low, it is just an RCA on most android Head units AFAIK. Might be nice to have, but really - do you use it that much and does the blurry resolution stop it from serving its purpose? I wouldn't bother trying, as I'm not sure you'll get anywhere. I may be wrong...
When Android is asleep, the MCT unit will control the clock display and the reversing camera.

You might find an updated MCT firmware for your device if your searched for it. Updating is fairly simple, but DONT flash the wrong file!

Good luck.
I just wanna change the red yellow and green lines when I go reverse, the resolution of the cam is great but those lines...
My head unit has no name, how could I find the right file to flash, is those info would help :
8227l
Yt9216c AHD
8.1 go android (fake sine it have 23 api)
Mcu : 3.1
Thank you

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
I just wanna change the red yellow and green lines when I go reverse, the resolution of the cam is great but those lines...
My head unit has no name, how could I find the right file to flash, is those info would help :
8227l
Yt9216c AHD
8.1 go android (fake sine it have 23 api)
Mcu : 3.1
Thank you

OK. those lines.
Did you buy an aftermarket camera? My camera displays the lines as part of the video feed. There are options in some ROMs to overlay lines. Settings - Car ou Vehicle - Extras I think. You may be able to turn the lines on and off. However, if the lines are overlayed by the camera on the feed (like mine) you would need to replace the camera with one that does not have the reversing lines. Ask before you buy.

Do you have the possibility to plug the camera into anything else to check to see if the lines are present in the camera feed?

Last edited:

Atlas-Design

Dec 23, 2019
OK. those lines.
Did you buy an aftermarket camera? My camera displays the lines as part of the video feed. There are options in some ROMs to overlay lines, and those can be removed, but if it comes from the camera as part of the feed, you would need to replace the camera.

DO you have the possibility to plug the camera into anything else to check to see if the lines are present in the camera feed?
my cam is connected to a jack pinned to the back of the HU, it's my 2nd,and the auxiliaries are the same, when I go to factory settings I can add others with great resolution, but don't overwrite the bad ones, cause I still have kinda double auxiliary line the old bad resolution and the added ones by factory settings.
Is there an update file for my mtc with the info i posted?
Edit : a friend of mine had a bootloop once, what I noticed, the reverse view worked even though but with no lines, I guess the lines are rom related.

Last edited:

Safe D

Feb 27, 2020
Hi Sorry to thread hijack, but i am having trouble even getting an image with my camera installed. I only get the lines. Mine is is an 8227l demo YT9213A. Is this the issue ? 1GB RAM model also. Tested 2 cameras and 2 vid leads

Khan187

Mar 15, 2021
my cam is connected to a jack pinned to the back of the HU, it's my 2nd,and the auxiliaries are the same, when I go to factory settings I can add others with great resolution, but don't overwrite the bad ones, cause I still have kinda double auxiliary line the old bad resolution and the added ones by factory settings.
Is there an update file for my mtc with the info i posted?
Edit : a friend of mine had a bootloop once, what I noticed, the reverse view worked even though but with no lines, I guess the lines are rom related.
Go to Factory settings -> enter password maybe(8888) click on top parameter settings and it shows about the reverse lines

Go to Factory settings
Enter password (8888)
Click on Protocols settings
Reverse Lines option