• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[QUESTION] ROOT/TWERP/Bootloader Unlock Samsung Galaxy-A11 SM-A115U

Search This thread
U1 firmware is XAA by default, and flashing it will change your phone's CSC to XAA. Phone will work fine.
In fact, to be honest, I am trying to take the concept to apply it in a different device. It's SM-A125U(AT&T). In it's original firmware, there was the options to unlock OEM in "developer options", but it wouldn't show any options to long press to unlock bootloader in "download mode". So, I flashed stock firmware for SM-A125U1(XAA) in that device. Still, after enabling the usb debugging and oem unlock in developer options, it just wouldn't show "long press volume up to unlock bootloader" options. Meanwhile "ro.oem_unlock_supported" and "sys.oem_unlock_allowed" both are '1' in build.prop. I also saw the xda thread for SM-A326U(T-mobile), they were also successful in rooting the device crossflashing U1 firmware.

Wish39

Jan 13, 2015
In fact, to be honest, I am trying to take the concept to apply it in a different device. It's SM-A125U(AT&T). In it's original firmware, there was the options to unlock OEM in "developer options", but it wouldn't show any options to long press to unlock bootloader in "download mode". So, I flashed stock firmware for SM-A125U1(XAA) in that device. Still, after enabling the usb debugging and oem unlock in developer options, it just wouldn't show "long press volume up to unlock bootloader" options. Meanwhile "ro.oem_unlock_supported" and "sys.oem_unlock_allowed" both are '1' in build.prop. I also saw the xda thread for SM-A326U(T-mobile), they were also successful in rooting the device crossflashing U1 firmware.
Then unfortunately looks like Samsung blocked the ability to unlock the bootloader on the US market A12. I'm pretty sure you can easily buy and root a Latin American market Galaxy A12 (SM-A125M/DS) if you want an A12 with root (and dual sim!). I think Samsung forgot to disable bootloader unlocking on the U1 firmware of the A11 lol.

I was successful converting a115u to a115u1 and have rooted with magisk patched boot Img and twrp. Everything was good but once I flashed the multi disabler I am no longer able to take backups in twrp. Create tarfork error. I finally did get the Viper working properly but in order to do so I have both Viper fx and Viper hifi installed as system apps. I didn't want to mess with it to figure out which one I could get rid of since it's working so well now
If you install Viper and it doesn't work properly, then uninstall and follow instructions here
This is what got Viper working on my A11 (and enabled me to turn up the bass boost lol).

And if you still have trouble converting your A115U to A115U1, refer to my first post in this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry this phone is a piece of garbage... I wont use it and am not interested in wasting my time messing with it...

I assure you it is rooted - took me about 12 hours to get it there and when I saw no TWRP - and No NFC on the hardware side.. I was done with this thing.

If I dig it out of the shelf where its collecting dust - and turn it on - and get a screenshot - and I remember to log back in here.. I'll give it to you...

But it is 100% properly rooted with magisk - took me ages to figure it out and I soft bricked it once in the middle. there is no way I could possibly walk you through it and I probably couldnt do it again myself unless I spent another 5 hours messing around with it.

I simply followed tutorials - then downloaded multiple versions of Odin - found a shady looking one from some unsupported place with developer names I couldnt even tell you... it was a custom version of odin for sure.

On the magisk side i just used the official one and followed their directions on how to make the file on the phone / move to pc/ modify / move back to phone and install...

on the TWRP side I found a developer who walked me through how to request the source code from samsung; I did.. they provided it.. and I gave up at that point... the dev was willing to help but I dont care anymore and am looking for a better phone...
    Sorry this phone is a piece of garbage... I wont use it and am not interested in wasting my time messing with it...

I assure you it is rooted - took me about 12 hours to get it there and when I saw no TWRP - and No NFC on the hardware side.. I was done with this thing.

If I dig it out of the shelf where its collecting dust - and turn it on - and get a screenshot - and I remember to log back in here.. I'll give it to you...

But it is 100% properly rooted with magisk - took me ages to figure it out and I soft bricked it once in the middle. there is no way I could possibly walk you through it and I probably couldnt do it again myself unless I spent another 5 hours messing around with it.

I simply followed tutorials - then downloaded multiple versions of Odin - found a shady looking one from some unsupported place with developer names I couldnt even tell you... it was a custom version of odin for sure.

On the magisk side i just used the official one and followed their directions on how to make the file on the phone / move to pc/ modify / move back to phone and install...

on the TWRP side I found a developer who walked me through how to request the source code from samsung; I did.. they provided it.. and I gave up at that point... the dev was willing to help but I dont care anymore and am looking for a better phone.
    Since it's just sitting on a shelf collecting dust I would gladly take it off your hands to see what I can figure out, see we can make rooting and custom recovery a bit less complicated for other users. I can't risk bricking mine at the moment as its my daily driver and my hubby would likely have a melt down if I did something to it 😐 if interested pm me
    I achieved Magisk root on my A115U by first crossflashing it to the U1 unlocked firmware using the patched Odin found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/patched-odin-3-13-1.3762572/

Then I enabled the OEM unlock option in the dev settings, went to download mode, and unlocked the bootloader. After that, I followed the instructions here to get Magisk up and running. It is a fairly simple process.

I even only flashed the U1 bootloader over the original locked down U bootloader for ****s and giggles at first and the phone to my surprise booted up normally, it still reported itself as being a SM-A115U, but the OEM unlock option actually appeared in the dev settings. Great method if you don't want to factory reset the phone.

Proof:
    Screenshot_20201231-153811.jpg
    1616983090267.png

You can see that the phone's original CSC is TMK, which means that it was Metro by T-Mobile branded when it left the factory. I have since sold the phone though, so I cannot help further.
    Hi there, I want to know how do you chose which U1 firmware to download? one with the same CSC such as ATT for ATT (for example) or XAA for ATT would be fine as well?
    U1 firmware is XAA by default, and flashing it will change your phone's CSC to XAA. Phone will work fine.