Question that I have...

Search This thread

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
I got a Mytouch from a friend and it was already rooted running a hero rom now I want to run Cyans latest and I know that you have to download a recovery image then his roms in order for them to work . I was wondering since I am new to this phone how would I go about that process. I have downloaded the recovery image from the HTC site for my mytouch but it wont install....I was curious

archboy69

Jul 21, 2008
Also a really good tutorial on how to root your phone in a very digestable information is at the unlockr. I'd read through his site and it really helped me understand how the rooting process works and then used XDA as a reference.

I've had no problem rooting my phone after that!

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I'd have thought if it was running a hero ROM already, it would be rooted already.. no?

Ya it would be but youre first post is very misleading... he need the htc IMG that he mentioned from the htc website if he is gonna run cyans latest and then the rom: From the recovery image (home+power) then wipe, then apply the HTC_ADP_1.6_DRC83_rooted_base then the cyan rom then reboot system all there is too it

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
OK so yeah It is rooted as it has AMON RA's recovery on it. I have gone to the HTC's site to download the signed-google_ion-ota-14721.zip but from what I am looking at on the post I would need to download HTC_ADP_1.6_DRC83_rooted_base and then I am good to load cyans 4.2.4 or whatever his latest it

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
OK well I got it all working now got the little update to 1.6 and got cyans latest well sorta loaded when it gets past all the screens before loading the main home screen it blacks out and I have nothing but a black screen. I was wondering if I missed a step or anything. I unrooted the phone and then rerooted via the site theunlockr.com if that helps

JackMagic

Nov 4, 2009
Ya it would be but youre first post is very misleading... he need the htc IMG that he mentioned from the htc website if he is gonna run cyans latest and then the rom: From the recovery image (home+power) then wipe, then apply the HTC_ADP_1.6_DRC83_rooted_base then the cyan rom then reboot system all there is too it

Ah yh okay, my bad.

@OP Glad you got it sorted.