Question to all powerusers about the ergonomy

Search This thread

take55

Oct 1, 2008
Hi all,
i am considering getting the Z, one thing that concerns me is the ergonomy of the omnibalance design. The flat back and 90° edges don't look comfortable to hold in the hand for a longer time. It's hard to test it in the store because with all the security attachments I am unable to hold it in a normal position...
So what's the verdict from those who use it a lot, specially singlehanded?

Gesendet von meinem SGPT13 mit Tapatalk 2

iDroid8

Dec 18, 2012
London
Depends how big your hands are. My hands are near enough 20cm x 10cm and I can hold it perfectly fine for long periods of time.

oranglewat

Apr 27, 2012
Jakarta
I'm around 5 foot 7. I can access everything on the screen though pulling down the pull menu takes a wee bit of stretch when your hand is at the lower part of the screen. The physical buttons are on the side so no problem accessing those. I have no problem with the flat back when handling the handset. The flat and glass back actually make it easier to cling on my finger tips through friction.

Before I bought a tablet, I used to use this to watch tv and webshows, read magazines and books while sitting and lying down for hours.

So ergonomicly, I think the phone is fine.

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
Hi all,
i am considering getting the Z, one thing that concerns me is the ergonomy of the omnibalance design. The flat back and 90° edges don't look comfortable to hold in the hand for a longer time. It's hard to test it in the store because with all the security attachments I am unable to hold it in a normal position...

You should ask females how the phone feels in their hands since they have smaller hands in general.
I've seen some people complaining about the "sharp" edges, but I haven't found anything bad yet (ergonomically).

C1emen7s

Mar 2, 2013
Hi all,

I have quite little hands and actually find it ok. Sometimes singlehanded can be a BIT of a stretch (e.g. if reaching to the top notification pull down) but even that you get used to quickly. I got used to the size within about a week (I'd switched from an iphone 4).

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
It's very awkward to use one handed. I love my XZ but I'm selling it to buy another Nexus 4 because I mostly use my phone one handed and the XZ is almost impossible to use that way.

If you mostly use your phone with 2 hands it's great though.

cordonbleu

Feb 21, 2013
Leiden
It's very awkward to use one handed. I love my XZ but I'm selling it to buy another Nexus 4 because I mostly use my phone one handed and the XZ is almost impossible to use that way.

If you mostly use your phone with 2 hands it's great though.

I can handle my Xperia Z with one hand just fine. Really depends on how big your hands are and what you're used to.