Questions about Evo3d upgrade...

Search This thread

egonadrian

Dec 16, 2010
So im looking to upgrade from my Evo 4g to a Evo 3D the only problem is i dont quite know what would be best. I got my Evo 4G around october and its in really good conditions since i have had it on my Otterbox defender case most of the time. Is there a way that I can trade the OG Evo and get the Evo 3D? I can only spend about $100 on the Evo 3D. What would be my best choice?

Sorry if i make some mistakes my main language is spanish:D

abrusil33

Jun 10, 2009
Beaverton
So im looking to upgrade from my Evo 4g to a Evo 3D the only problem is i dont quite know what would be best. I got my Evo 4G around october and its in really good conditions since i have had it on my Otterbox defender case most of the time. Is there a way that I can trade the OG Evo and get the Evo 3D? I can only spend about $100 on the Evo 3D. What would be my best choice?

If you are an account holder, you can upgrade your phone once per year.
Just mention option "one year account holder upgrade override" (or something like that-they would know). At the sprint's service desk they may not advertise it, coz some sprint reps are so damn lazy or just an a-ho-s. Actually I just upgraded my Evo 4G for Evo 3D at the kiosk in Ridgedale Mall (MN) location. I paid including taxes ~$54 for new 3D. The option is that you can trade-in your old Evo 4G for $150 instantly. Sprint runs this on for some time - this week 06/25/2011 at least, so... Also if you have 2 (two) devices on the account then upgrade one or add one to yours. I have 3 phones on $129/mo plan and can upgrade at least one device every year. You can upgrade one of "N" of your devices at once and swap numbers at the spot if you need to.

Reactions: egonadrian

panamaniac

Jun 8, 2011
The strategy here is pretty straightforward:

The Sprint Buyback plan should buy your Evo 4g for $150 (not bad!): see here: https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/consumer/app/CartPage/

The harder part will be convincing Sprint to give you at LEAST the 1-year renewal price if you buy the 3D. If you've been with Sprint for a long time, and especially if you're with Sprint Premiere, there might be some wiggle room for you here.

Basically, call in to customer service repeatedly until someone decides to help you. What you want is for someone to offer you a service credit.

One more option: see if you qualify for any discounts on your plan: I'm a USAA member (not an employee, just a cardholder!) and I get 15% off my whole bill. That difference will make the 3D pay for itself pretty soon....

Best,

The Panamaniac

Reactions: egonadrian

egonadrian

Dec 16, 2010

The Sprint Buyback plan should buy your Evo 4g for $150 (not bad!): see here: https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/consumer/app/CartPage/

The harder part will be convincing Sprint to give you at LEAST the 1-year renewal price if you buy the 3D. If you've been with Sprint for a long time, and especially if you're with Sprint Premiere, there might be some wiggle room for you here.

Basically, call in to customer service repeatedly until someone decides to help you. What you want is for someone to offer you a service credit.

One more option: see if you qualify for any discounts on your plan: I'm a USAA member (not an employee, just a cardholder!) and I get 15% off my whole bill. That difference will make the 3D pay for itself pretty soon....

Best,

The Panamaniac

Thanks for the great reply! I guess the only problem im gonna have is convincing the Sprint to give me the 1year renewal early since ive been with them for way less than a year. Maybe they will give me some mercy since everything has been paid on time. Also do i have to unroot my phone when i give it to them?

ScottyBeGood

Dec 7, 2010
Philadelphia
Thanks for the great reply! I guess the only problem im gonna have is convincing the Sprint to give me the 1year renewal early since ive been with them for way less than a year. Maybe they will give me some mercy since everything has been paid on time. Also do i have to unroot my phone when i give it to them?

I unrooted before trading mine in, the link I followed was here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=780141

panamaniac

Jun 8, 2011
Ya, don't forget to unroot if you trade in!

If you've been with them less than a year..then your best option is to find a friend who loves your 4G and is willing to take over your contract--then you can walk in and pay $200 for a new 3D on a brand new account.

If you pay full price - $150 trade in credit you're still looking at $425, ouch...

Another option (what I did): have any friends you'd be willing to split a plan with? They can be added as a line of service (most likely $20/month +$10/month for data) and then you can swap the two phones, and your friend will have the 4G.

Finally, keep your eyes peeled for if and when the SAVE50 rebate becomes usable again. It seems to come and go (probably only usable on a new line of service tho).

dangerruss

Jul 11, 2010
Don't trade in your phone. It will sell in a day on Craigslist at 225 no problem. Why give away that extra 75 dollars to sprint. Usually its hard to get the full upgrade unless you have been with them for a year. Once you get the 75 dollar credit one phone call should give you a full upgrade.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you are an account holder, you can upgrade your phone once per year.
    Just mention option "one year account holder upgrade override" (or something like that-they would know). At the sprint's service desk they may not advertise it, coz some sprint reps are so damn lazy or just an a-ho-s. Actually I just upgraded my Evo 4G for Evo 3D at the kiosk in Ridgedale Mall (MN) location. I paid including taxes ~$54 for new 3D. The option is that you can trade-in your old Evo 4G for $150 instantly. Sprint runs this on for some time - this week 06/25/2011 at least, so... Also if you have 2 (two) devices on the account then upgrade one or add one to yours. I have 3 phones on $129/mo plan and can upgrade at least one device every year. You can upgrade one of "N" of your devices at once and swap numbers at the spot if you need to.

Best,

The Panamaniac