Questions about the S6 before buying

Search This thread

AB__CD

Apr 18, 2014
Hi all, I'm considering buying a Galaxy S6 and I'd like to ask about how the device is holding up. I've heard that out of the box it's good, but lag and poor battery life start to set in within days. Is this true?

mcreego

Jun 8, 2010
verona
Hi all, I'm considering buying a Galaxy S6 and I'd like to ask about how the device is holding up. I've heard that out of the box it's good, but lag and poor battery life start to set in within days. Is this true?

No lag at all after a week, fastest phone ever owned (I came from Note 4, Nexus 6 and Iphone 6). Battery for me is a really bad and also the reception.

AB__CD

Apr 18, 2014
No issues with lag when I owned the phone but battery life was shocking when comparing to an iPhone 6 - and that isn't even best of class!
Hmm, define shocking? Also what's everyone's SOT?

I'd describe myself as a medium user, use 2 to 3 hours every day, mostly on WiFi, will it survive a whole day?

Comando156

Mar 21, 2010
Kansas City
Love the phone. .. hate the current battery life. I can make it through a day when at work. Using it for ocasional text and 3 calls. .. a day off though. .. play a game or watch a few YouTube videos. .. batter is down in no time.

tidusuk123

Apr 22, 2010
Love the phone. .. hate the current battery life. I can make it through a day when at work. Using it for ocasional text and 3 calls. .. a day off though. .. play a game or watch a few YouTube videos. .. batter is down in no time.

Hmm, define shocking? Also what's everyone's SOT?

I'd describe myself as a medium user, use 2 to 3 hours every day, mostly on WiFi, will it survive a whole day?

I would say I'm the same in terms of use. The phone dropped 30% in about an hour and half worth of constant browsing... I always have a charger around so I've not been in a position where it's run out or run really low.

daewond3r

Sep 3, 2009
Los Angeles
I switched from a Nexus 6 mostly because the N6 was too big and I loved the camera on the S6. The S6 is just as fast (if not faster) than my N6 w/ Faux kernel. I'm getting similar battery life/SOT. My S6 is completely stock aside from some frozen apps/bloat.

Reactions: AB__CD

robertkoa

May 27, 2014
Not the OP but I am thinking about S6 but scared of low battery life.
Appreciate the info so that would be equal to about 5 hours continual Browsing.
At low indoor brightness maybe 25% and on LTE - is that about what you get ?
Some vague " Pro Reviews" suggest more but they seem to use non real world tests...

donnybright

Aug 24, 2013
Houston
no problems with the battery life for me. I usually get around 4.5 - 5 hours screen on time with 16-17 hours total time. It takes about and hour to charge from 10% to 100% I have T-mobile service so I had to turn off wifi calling and VoLTE. Those were big battery drains. It has good standby times too. I usually charge it to 100% then unplug it before i go to bed. I wake up and the phone is at 99% or 98%.

Also i leave the auto brightness on, bluetooth on, location is gps only, google location reporting off, google now off.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I switched from a Nexus 6 mostly because the N6 was too big and I loved the camera on the S6. The S6 is just as fast (if not faster) than my N6 w/ Faux kernel. I'm getting similar battery life/SOT. My S6 is completely stock aside from some frozen apps/bloat.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone