Question Questions about Vivo and OriginOS

Search This thread
I’m thinking about ordering a Vivo X Fold and just had a few questions about the OS.

1. How are the notifications? Are they received normally or would I need to fiddle with the settings to get them right?
2. Can I use the Google Messages app or do I need to use Vivo’s stock messaging app? I tried the Oppo Find N and they force us to use their stock app. So, I returned the phone.
3. Google Pay? Does it work properly?
4. The launcher, would I be able to change it?
5. Smartwatches. Would I be able to use a WearOS or Galaxy Watch on it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Reactions: addx972

addx972

Mar 19, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
Huawei Mate X2
I’m thinking about ordering a Vivo X Fold and just had a few questions about the OS.

1. How are the notifications? Are they received normally or would I need to fiddle with the settings to get them right?
2. Can I use the Google Messages app or do I need to use Vivo’s stock messaging app? I tried the Oppo Find N and they force us to use their stock app. So, I returned the phone.

Thanks!
I don't have an answer but I'm also interested to know because I want to take the vivo x fold

maxant69

Nov 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Sony Xperia 5 III
Basing on previous devices (Vivo X70 pro plus) :
1) Notification: you have to set applications rights correctly as Chinese devices usually kill apps to save battery
2) Google message no problem
3) Google Pay works
4) You can change the launcher but you have to create a Vivo account
5) WearOs works if you install it from Vivo account Store, the one from Google Play Store doesn't work. Google Pay from the watch doesn't work.
Thinks that don't work:
- Android Auto
- Google backup
- OK Google voice activation
- Maps location history

1) Notification: you have to set applications rights correctly as Chinese devices usually kill apps to save battery
3) Google Pay works
5) WearOs works if you install it from Vivo account Store, the one from Google Play Store doesn't work. Google Pay from the watch doesn't work.
Thinks that don't work:
- Android Auto
- Google backup
- Maps location history
Thanks! What about the Galaxy Wearable app? I have a Galaxy Watch4. I don’t mind buying a new watch, but I’d prefer not to.

3) Google Pay works
Thinks that don't work:
- Android Auto
- Google backup
- Maps location history
Oh, and would you be able to tell me if Microsoft "Link to Windows" app works so I can link my phone to my laptop??

Feralt 91

Dec 25, 2021
Vivo X70 Pro+
i have all my notifications working good you need to debload some apps via adb (i only kill battery saver app) all sound but still have problems with notifications on lockscreen(just show up and disapear after 1 or 2 seconds)

findnuser

Apr 14, 2022
3) Google Pay works
Thinks that don't work:
- Android Auto
- Google backup
- Maps location history
Having the same problem with Google Pay on wearOS not working when connected to my chinese rom phone (Oppo Find N) - does anyone know why and if they can think of any workaround?

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
3) Google Pay works
Thinks that don't work:
- Android Auto
- Google backup

- Maps location history

Google maps no history? Why is supported by google

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3) Google Pay works
    Thinks that don't work:
    - Android Auto
    - Google backup
    - Maps location history
    The Vivo X Note and the Vivo X Fold have the identical mobile radio hardware. They both operate on the following 5G bands: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n38, n40, n41, n66, n77, n78, n79. Rogers 5G towers in Canada broadcast on n38 and n66. Bell Canada 5G towers broadcast on n66. Telus shares Bell's 5G towers. In Quebec Videotron 5G towers broadcast on n7 and n66. So both phones will automatically connect to 5G when they are within tower range on Rogers, Bell, Telus, and Videotron. I purchased my Vivo X Note from Wonda Mobile and it was delivered to Halifax, Nova Scotia from Hong Kong in just four days. Wonda guarantees not taxes or customs charges. FedEx did charge me a $26 customs brokerage fee, but I just uploaded the receipt to Wonda and they reimbursed me immediately.
    Nobody paying such sums for a mobile device should "accept some compromise"!
    Also, can't VIVO phones be bootloader unlocked? Personally, I'm looking to get the Vivo X Fold and I hope that sooner rather than later that there will be some development for this model.
    Again. Do you live in China? No. So Chinese phone is not sold and not supported by Vivo.
    Do you want to buy it anyway? You have to accept compromises (not all work, warranty by the seller). It not depends on the price. It is simple to understand even if you don't like it.
    There are no hopes to have root or unlocked bootloader on Vivo phones.
    i have all my notifications working good you need to debload some apps via adb (i only kill battery saver app) all sound but still have problems with notifications on lockscreen(just show up and disapear after 1 or 2 seconds)

Thanks!