Question Questions about Vivo and OriginOS

Search This thread

Tsunarun

Apr 25, 2021
Basing on previous devices (Vivo X70 pro plus) :
1) Notification: you have to set applications rights correctly as Chinese devices usually kill apps to save battery
2) Google message no problem
3) Google Pay works
4) You can change the launcher but you have to create a Vivo account
5) WearOs works if you install it from Vivo account Store, the one from Google Play Store doesn't work. Google Pay from the watch doesn't work.
Thinks that don't work:
- Android Auto
- Google backup
- OK Google voice activation
- Maps location history
Please did you try to send photos with google message app does it works well ?Thank you .

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
Well after reading all these good and more bad concerns with the Vivo X Fold, sounds like a big pass for me here in Canada. I almost grabbed one, close call! Thanks for all the info

Reactions: ZedYago01

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
My Vivo X Note connects to the Roger's 5G network here in Halifax, Nova Scotia without any problem. I uninstalled all the Chinese apps on the phone and replaced them with Google apps. All my notifications work without delay. The only odd issue is that using Google/Android Messages notifications don't show up when the phone is in dark mode. The solution was to enable chat bubbles in the Android Messages settings, and they show up in dark mode. They were annoying, so I switched back to the stock Vivo Messages app which works just as well - and it receives notifications both in light and dark mode.

Reactions: Q-Prof

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
My Vivo X Note connects to the Roger's 5G network here in Halifax, Nova Scotia without any problem. I uninstalled all the Chinese apps on the phone and replaced them with Google apps. All my notifications work without delay. The only odd issue is that using Google/Android Messages notifications don't show up when the phone is in dark mode. The solution was to enable chat bubbles in the Android Messages settings, and they show up in dark mode. They were annoying, so I switched back to the stock Vivo Messages app which works just as well - and it receives notifications both in light and dark mode.
Interesting...wonder what the difference is between it and the X fold? Pda flat out said if i buy an X fold i will not get 5g

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
The Vivo X Note and the Vivo X Fold have the identical mobile radio hardware. They both operate on the following 5G bands: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n38, n40, n41, n66, n77, n78, n79. Rogers 5G towers in Canada broadcast on n38 and n66. Bell Canada 5G towers broadcast on n66. Telus shares Bell's 5G towers. In Quebec Videotron 5G towers broadcast on n7 and n66. So both phones will automatically connect to 5G when they are within tower range on Rogers, Bell, Telus, and Videotron. I purchased my Vivo X Note from Wonda Mobile and it was delivered to Halifax, Nova Scotia from Hong Kong in just four days. Wonda guarantees not taxes or customs charges. FedEx did charge me a $26 customs brokerage fee, but I just uploaded the receipt to Wonda and they reimbursed me immediately.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022_0506_155009.png
    Screenshot_2022_0506_155009.png
    361.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2022_0506_155402.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_0506_155402.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 43

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
The Vivo X Note and the Vivo X Fold have the identical mobile radio hardware. They both operate on the following 5G bands: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n38, n40, n41, n66, n77, n78, n79. Rogers 5G towers in Canada broadcast on n38 and n66. Bell Canada 5G towers broadcast on n66. Telus shares Bell's 5G towers. In Quebec Videotron 5G towers broadcast on n7 and n66. So both phones will automatically connect to 5G when they are within tower range on Rogers, Bell, Telus, and Videotron. I purchased my Vivo X Note from Wonda Mobile and it was delivered to Halifax, Nova Scotia from Hong Kong in just four days. Wonda guarantees not taxes or customs charges. FedEx did charge me a $26 customs brokerage fee, but I just uploaded the receipt to Wonda and they reimbursed me immediately.
So it would appear that PDA Plaza has no idea then about the devices they sell since they said the x fold will not get 5g. Really want to pick this device up but its a gamble still for me.

OrionBG

No clue and even if you could know it's not possible as you can't get root access. If you buy a device sold in the Chinese market you should accept some compromise
Nobody paying such sums for a mobile device should "accept some compromise"!
Also, can't VIVO phones be bootloader unlocked? Personally, I'm looking to get the Vivo X Fold and I hope that sooner rather than later that there will be some development for this model.

maxant69

Nov 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Sony Xperia 5 III
Also, can't VIVO phones be bootloader unlocked? Personally, I'm looking to get the Vivo X Fold and I hope that sooner rather than later that there will be some development for this model.
Again. Do you live in China? No. So Chinese phone is not sold and not supported by Vivo.
Do you want to buy it anyway? You have to accept compromises (not all work, warranty by the seller). It not depends on the price. It is simple to understand even if you don't like it.
There are no hopes to have root or unlocked bootloader on Vivo phones.

OrionBG

Again. Do you live in China? No. So Chinese phone is not sold and not supported by Vivo.
Do you want to buy it anyway? You have to accept compromises (not all work, warranty by the seller). It not depends on the price. It is simple to understand even if you don't like it.
Buying a phone made for the Chinese market ouside of China already entails the warranty problem. That I can live with. For 20 years and possibly 30 phones that have gone through my hands, none have ever failed. I broke one or two but that was my fault. Also there are many reputable resellers that will give you at least an year of warranty for the devices they sell. Yes it is a little slower to service it in such cases but it is still sometvhing. Also, after doing some research, it appears that Vivo phones (Chinese market ones) do still retain almost 100% Google services operation and everything Google related works in them after some initial setup.
Yes it might not be the easiest thing to do for a novice person, but after living for almost an year with a Huawei Mate Xs, nothing can be worse (Google services wise) 😅

maxant69

Nov 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Sony Xperia 5 III
Buying a phone made for the Chinese market ouside of China already entails the warranty problem. That I can live with. For 20 years and possibly 30 phones that have gone through my hands, none have ever failed. I broke one or two but that was my fault. Also there are many reputable resellers that will give you at least an year of warranty for the devices they sell. Yes it is a little slower to service it in such cases but it is still sometvhing. Also, after doing some research, it appears that Vivo phones (Chinese market ones) do still retain almost 100% Google services operation and everything Google related works in them after some initial setup.
Yes it might not be the easiest thing to do for a novice person, but after living for almost an year with a Huawei Mate Xs, nothing can be worse (Google services wise) 😅
I bought many Vivo phones (Vivo X21, Vivo NEX 3, Vivo X50 pro plus, Vivo X70 pro plus). Vivo from two years has split firmware in two direction: chinese firmware with UI innovation, partially Google compatibility (Android Auto, voice activation, Google backup and maps timeline don't work) and Global firmware which is a stock Android, so very plain UI but very easy to update (x50 series are still on A10 in China, while global are on A12).

cleverpro

Jul 24, 2012
Guys, I'm having a problem with forcing the app to display on the front camera area. I work in landscape mode a lot so I want content to be displayed in full over the camera hole.
There's a "display on the top screen" option in setting that I have already checked but it doesn't work on some apps, especially non-Chinese apps. I have tested on Chrome, Edge browser, Microsoft Doc, excel, Power Bi and the problem goes on.
Is this a thing of Vivo on Origin OS? I have several Samsung and Xiaomi devices, both work flawless to stretch the screen full size.
Is there a solution for this?

13k.VodkaSoda

Jul 26, 2021
Hey guys, hoping for someone to help me out with my Vivo X Fold not displaying notification on Work Profile.

I've recently purchased a Vivo X Fold running Origin OS and notifications from apps are all working fine on the 'Personal' profile.
(ie I get all notifications as expected. fyi: I had to remove vivo.pem via ADB, set high power consumption for each app etc...)

However, I use the phone for work as well and the notification from Outlook (Work Profile) will always auto switch off randomly.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Tsunarun

Apr 25, 2021
Hey guys, hoping for someone to help me out with my Vivo X Fold not displaying notification on Work Profile.

I've recently purchased a Vivo X Fold running Origin OS and notifications from apps are all working fine on the 'Personal' profile.
(ie I get all notifications as expected. fyi: I had to remove vivo.pem via ADB, set high power consumption for each app etc...)

However, I use the phone for work as well and the notification from Outlook (Work Profile) will always auto switch off randomly.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Did you choose for mail the option "all mails" in the notification settings of the apps ?

13k.VodkaSoda

Jul 26, 2021
Did you choose for mail the option "all mails" in the notification settings of the apps ?
Thanks Tsunarun.

Yes, within the Work Profile, I have:
- Turn on all Outlook notifications
- Have set it to 'high Priorities'
- Set it to auto start
- Allow all notifications
- Turn on high power consumption
- Turn off "Remove permissions and free up..when not used

To clarify, the issue I'm facing is that when I go into settings -> Notifications & status bar -> (I select Work Profile) - > App Notification Management -> Outlook.

Within this screen, there is the "Allow notification" slider at the top, when enabled, I get all the notifications as expected.
However, the problem is that the "Allow notification" slider will intermittently switch to disable on its own.
(this auto switching from enable to disable seems to occur every 24 hours (approximately)).

Hoping for some help to prevent the auto switching from enable to disable.

Many thanks.

Tsunarun

Apr 25, 2021
Thanks Tsunarun.

Yes, within the Work Profile, I have:
- Turn on all Outlook notifications
- Have set it to 'high Priorities'
- Set it to auto start
- Allow all notifications
- Turn on high power consumption
- Turn off "Remove permissions and free up..when not used

To clarify, the issue I'm facing is that when I go into settings -> Notifications & status bar -> (I select Work Profile) - > App Notification Management -> Outlook.

Within this screen, there is the "Allow notification" slider at the top, when enabled, I get all the notifications as expected.
However, the problem is that the "Allow notification" slider will intermittently switch to disable on its own.
(this auto switching from enable to disable seems to occur every 24 hours (approximately)).

Hoping for some help to prevent the auto switching from enable to disable.

Many thanks.
Did you disable in notifications, intelligent notifications ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Basing on previous devices (Vivo X70 pro plus) :
    1) Notification: you have to set applications rights correctly as Chinese devices usually kill apps to save battery
    2) Google message no problem
    3) Google Pay works
    4) You can change the launcher but you have to create a Vivo account
    5) WearOs works if you install it from Vivo account Store, the one from Google Play Store doesn't work. Google Pay from the watch doesn't work.
    Thinks that don't work:
    - Android Auto
    - Google backup
    - OK Google voice activation
    - Maps location history
    i have all my notifications working good you need to debload some apps via adb (i only kill battery saver app) all sound but still have problems with notifications on lockscreen(just show up and disapear after 1 or 2 seconds)
    I’m thinking about ordering a Vivo X Fold and just had a few questions about the OS.

1. How are the notifications? Are they received normally or would I need to fiddle with the settings to get them right?
    2. Can I use the Google Messages app or do I need to use Vivo’s stock messaging app? I tried the Oppo Find N and they force us to use their stock app. So, I returned the phone.
    3. Google Pay? Does it work properly?
    4. The launcher, would I be able to change it?
    5. Smartwatches. Would I be able to use a WearOS or Galaxy Watch on it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!