Questions from a new Vivo NEX S owner

Search This thread

valgrom

Mar 27, 2013
1. Is there any way to natively enable "Wifi-Calling" using the Funtouch OS settings?

I live in a very bad coverage area and definitely need Wifi-Calling when home. I tried using an app that supposedly enables the 'hidden' wifi-calling feature. It appears to work for a short while after enabling it, but an hour or so later callers report going straight to my voice mail even though I haven't dropped out of my Wifi network. Once I make a call at that point I start being able to receive calls again. I thought this might be a 'sleep' setting for Wifi, but the actual setting for that feature is set to 'Always On' so it's apparently not that.

2. Many apps do not have notification badge icons features on Funtouch OS. For example, the email app that comes with Funtouch has a setting called "App Icon Tag", but none others that I've seen have the same feature (even apps that are meant to have notification badges like gmail or Inbox or Linkedin. Some of the more ubiquitous apps do have this feature (i.e. WhatsApp, etc.). Since the underlying OS is Android 8.1 (which does have this functionality) is there any way to enable this in Funtouch?

3. Is there a way to get separate notification ringtones for individual email accounts?
The default Funtouch email app does not have this feature. It only allows a notification ringtone for all emails on all configured accounts.

Thanks,
M.

valgrom

Mar 27, 2013
Found some answers (touches on setting custom launcher)

1. Is there any way to natively enable "Wifi-Calling" using the Funtouch OS settings?

Other than what I already wrote in the original post I haven't found anything for this

2. Many apps do not have notification badge icons features on Funtouch OS. For example, the email app that comes with Funtouch has a setting called "App Icon Tag", but none others that I've seen have the same feature (even apps that are meant to have notification badges like gmail or Inbox or Linkedin. Some of the more ubiquitous apps do have this feature (i.e. WhatsApp, etc.). Since the underlying OS is Android 8.1 (which does have this functionality) is there any way to enable this in Funtouch?

So this particular question would be easily resolved with a custom launcher, but since this has been an ongoing topic with no resolution (that I could find on the boards) I didn't think of doing this initially. However, I figured I had nothing to lose in trying so I did and to my surprise I was able to install and set Nova as the default launcher without having to create a Vivo account. I wrote Vivo and they said they were working on an "account registration system" available to others outside China with no Chinese phone number, but they said it was not yet ready. Apparently they must have made a change to the ROM because I was able to set Nova as the custom launcher (and select the 'default' radio button). Up to now I have been using Nova as my default launcher without it ever going back to the Vivo launcher. 'Home' always takes me back to Nova.

Because I can now use Nova as my launcher I can use "Tesla Unread" and have set it up to post notification badges on all of the apps that I couldn't before. For some reason though, some of the default Vivo apps (i.e. mail, calendar, etc.) do not post notifications in a way that 'Tesla Unread' can read so I had to download a calendar app and an email app to get the desired effect.

Google Calendar works brilliantly, but the email app was a bit trickier.

Bluemail does the same thing my V30 mail started doing after the Oreo upgrade (only counts new mail in the notification badge and doesn't continue to display unread count after I have cleared the initial notification -- even if the email itself is still unread). Fortunately Aqua mail works perfectly for this! I now can see notification badge for total of unread mail.

3. Is there a way to get separate notification ringtones for individual email accounts?
The default Funtouch email app does not have this feature. It only allows a notification ringtone for all emails on all configured accounts.

Aqua Mail has this functionality...I can assign individual notification tones for each mail account. Aqua Mail ROCKS! (so I bought the pro version).

Hope that helps out others having similar issues.

Reactions: tossero

stylobic

Jan 10, 2008
Toulouse
How did you manage to get notification badges on aquamail ?
I got the vivo nex international rom with fun touch os
Only aquamail widget will get the badges iny case.

valgrom

Mar 27, 2013
Hey what app did you use to turn on wifi calling? i have the exact same issue

The app is just called "Wifi Calling" in the Google Play Store. As it turned out, I wasn't using it correctly. I had to take an extra step for it to work, but I don't get the pop-up for that step so it's not working. It came recommended from a thread on here when I did my original search.

valgrom

Mar 27, 2013
How did you manage to get notification badges on aquamail ?
I got the vivo nex international rom with fun touch os
Only aquamail widget will get the badges iny case.

I am also using Nova Launcher...that might be the difference, but I also bought Aqua Mail Pro and it works like a champ. It adds up all the unread mail in my accounts and displays them perfectly until they are no longer "unread". I can't say enough good things about it.
uc

uc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found some answers (touches on setting custom launcher)

Other than what I already wrote in the original post I haven't found anything for this

So this particular question would be easily resolved with a custom launcher, but since this has been an ongoing topic with no resolution (that I could find on the boards) I didn't think of doing this initially. However, I figured I had nothing to lose in trying so I did and to my surprise I was able to install and set Nova as the default launcher without having to create a Vivo account. I wrote Vivo and they said they were working on an "account registration system" available to others outside China with no Chinese phone number, but they said it was not yet ready. Apparently they must have made a change to the ROM because I was able to set Nova as the custom launcher (and select the 'default' radio button). Up to now I have been using Nova as my default launcher without it ever going back to the Vivo launcher. 'Home' always takes me back to Nova.

Because I can now use Nova as my launcher I can use "Tesla Unread" and have set it up to post notification badges on all of the apps that I couldn't before. For some reason though, some of the default Vivo apps (i.e. mail, calendar, etc.) do not post notifications in a way that 'Tesla Unread' can read so I had to download a calendar app and an email app to get the desired effect.

Google Calendar works brilliantly, but the email app was a bit trickier.

Bluemail does the same thing my V30 mail started doing after the Oreo upgrade (only counts new mail in the notification badge and doesn't continue to display unread count after I have cleared the initial notification -- even if the email itself is still unread). Fortunately Aqua mail works perfectly for this! I now can see notification badge for total of unread mail.

Aqua Mail has this functionality...I can assign individual notification tones for each mail account. Aqua Mail ROCKS! (so I bought the pro version).

Hope that helps out others having similar issues.