Quick Charge 4 Charger Charges Faster Than The 18w Charger?

Search This thread

sedp23

Jul 8, 2015
Chicago
I was watching this video (https://youtu.be/D0ShDrNGaP8) at the 4:42 mark he said if you want to charge faster than the 18w charging get a quick charge 4.0 charger

Has anyone tested this yet? Will a quick charge 4.0 charger charge faster than the 18w charger included with the phone? If so how much faster

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

resident0915

Nov 10, 2012
There's a reason that Asus went with 18W charging and 5000mAh instead of faster fast charging and a smaller battery. The 5000mAh battery isn't designed to charge faster (doesn't have a thick enough separator between anode and cathode). If you charge faster than 18W, it will heat up too much and the battery will both degrade and swell faster. I wouldn't recommend it.

sedp23

Jul 8, 2015
Chicago
There's a reason that Asus went with 18W charging and 5000mAh instead of faster fast charging and a smaller battery. The 5000mAh battery isn't designed to charge faster (doesn't have a thick enough separator between anode and cathode). If you charge faster than 18W, it will heat up too much and the battery will both degrade and swell faster. I wouldn't recommend it.
Even with the ai charging built in? Isn't it suppose to limit the charge to the battery preserving the life of the battery

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

aleksander002

Apr 10, 2013
Quick charge 4.0 is a charging standard and meeting it doesn't mean how fast it will charge but which charger will allow fast charging. Asus most probably set limit to 18W and the phone won't draw anything more than that.

Top Liked Posts