[Quick Circle] LG G3 Quick Circles Clocks. Marshmellow[Soon], Lollipop & Kitkat

Search This thread

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
D85* variants, works (to my knowledge) on all roms that support lg quick circle.
marshmellow QC Coming soon as soon as i can.

*Warning: Although this is working fine for me and others, i cant guarantee the safty of your device. This is a very simple Flash and complications are very very VERY rare. However i am not responsible for any damages done to your device please Always Backup With TWRP Before hand. This Only Works With TWRP. And (as far as i know) Only for D855-D852. Flash at your own risk if your using a different model number

I want to make more i have future ideas for a superman clock and a number of other clocks if you have any ideas im more than happy to try them out. Just Message me. I make clocks to work for Lollipop and Kitkat. If you Run lollipop on g3 and have a ROM and you chose Xposed over quick circle "DONT FLASH THESE"

Space Clock:

Update!!! Im working on bringing my space clock to marshmellow & working on a brand new clock called "around the world" which will have a number of moving objects a hot air balloon and clouds, a Plane and a number of monuments form countries around the world. While will also slowly rotate.

Contributors: Thanks to Lillo75 for zip And Ashrockr for assistance too.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Ashrockr

May 31, 2014
Delhi
Inorder to decrypt the file you need decompile the apk.( There are some great tool for easy decopilation of apk).
I've already modified these clock for g2 running g3 rom which has a rectangular case.
Moreover to remove the date which appears behind your second's hand you need to edit the smali file which you'll get by decompiling the apk.
Hence you need to learn how to decompile and edit smali file.

Reactions: Archtects

yoavst

Jan 7, 2013
Inorder to decrypt the file you need decompile the apk.( There are some great tool for easy decopilation of apk).
I've already modified these clock for g2 running g3 rom which has a rectangular case.
Moreover to remove the date which appears behind your second's hand you need to edit the smali file which you'll get by decompiling the apk.

Have you successed in decompiling android 5.0 system apks using apktool? it fails for me.

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
Mmm well im running kitkat atm. So i night try that then. Ive got rid of date i just want to customise it more to behonest lol. I like digital but i want spinny clock. Is apktool the best to use??

Last edited:

Ashrockr

May 31, 2014
Delhi
Screenshot_2014-12-20-11-49-51.png

Green:- Hour
White:- Minute
Orange:- Second (All working good. Couldn't remove the date bg.)
I attached a zip file which will add digital clock to you analog clock (3rd clock), just flash using twrp.
It didn't add the files to change the clock face so that you can add your own style. Also it won't remove the date.
Flash at your risk. Also DO make a backup of LGAlarmClock.apk if you want to remove the mod.
Tested on cloudyG3 2.1 for G2 (G3A based rom).
Only for kitkat.

Attachments

• Digital_Clock.zip
    573.4 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
View attachment 3072850

I attached a zip file which will add digital clock to you analog clock (3rd clock), just flash using twrp.
It didn't add the files to change the clock face so that you can add your own style. Also it won't remove the date.
Flash at your risk. Also DO make a backup of LGAlarmClock.apk if you want to remove the mod.
Only for kitkat.

Wow thats awesome!, so i flash it like a normal rom?

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
View attachment 3072850

Only for kitkat.

Wow thats awesome!, so i flash it like a normal rom?

Sorry How i decrypt the xml? stadard way lol

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
View attachment 3072850

Only for kitkat.

IGnore allll of that crap im just retarded i flashed it and its worked
soorta >_> lol, it doubles the BG Lol
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsdqtugt1zh1nvt/Screenshot_2014-12-22-21-10-47.png?dl=0

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
okay i cant edit the XML at all its encrypted and ive tried loads to try edit it, and if you want to remove the date thing then you have to start coding from the WHITE analog Clock, but i cant edit the xml otherwise i might be able to stop the double bg, its only because "I imagine" the digital code is looking for a bg and because its been planted on top of the analog its using the same variable to call the same bg, there for reproducing it lol, but i cant do anything with the xml file i cant edit anything i cant view it at all lol, its encrypted.

and if i wanted to i cant seem to recompile the apk i edit wont do it so im still stuck at this lol
:eek:

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
View attachment 3072850

Only for kitkat.

Okay! I think!! (This is me just assuming) Your xml works not by plonking all the digital code into the analoug code but your calling the digital code from the digial clock xml? So is it possible then to edit the digital.xml to remove it looking for a bg. And flash it? The same way you made itflash the clock? Sorry so many replies but i keep thinking of different things lol

Ashrockr

May 31, 2014
Delhi
Okay! I think!! (This is me just assuming) Your xml works not by plonking all the digital code into the analoug code but your calling the digital code from the digial clock xml? So is it possible then to edit the digital.xml to remove it looking for a bg. And flash it? The same way you made itflash the clock? Sorry so many replies but i keep thinking of different things lol
Yes you are right!!
It is possible to edit the digital clack too. If you want to change the background of digital clock then edit the b2_quickcircle_digital_bg.png in raw-xxxhdpi folder.

Here's what i've edited in the analog_quick_circle_black.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout android:background="@android:color/black" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" xmlns:custom="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto">
  <com.lge.clock.quickcover.view.AnalogQuickCircle android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" custom:dial="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_bg" custom:hand_hour="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_hour" custom:hand_minute="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_minute" custom:hand_second="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_second" custom:setStyle="style03" />
   <RelativeLayout android:layout_width="190dp" android:layout_height="190dp" android:layout_centerInParent="true">
        <com.lge.clock.quickcover.view.DigitalQuickCircle android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" custom:digital_background="@raw/b2_quickcircle_digital_bg" custom:timeColorTop="#fff1f1f1" custom:timeColorBottom="#fff1f1f1" custom:amPmColor="#fff1f1f1" custom:dateColor="#fff1f1f1" custom:circleColor="#00f1f1f1" />
   </RelativeLayout>
</RelativeLayout>

May be i've edited this a bit from the last time.
But you can get the idea from it.

And if you want to create the zip file for it then put this xml file in your decompiled folder of lgalarmclock.apk/res/layout and compile it. Then open the compiled apk with winrar and extract this file(analog_quick_circle_black.xml) from there and place the file in zip(vrtheme/system/priv-app/lagalarm.apk/res/layout). Compress and flash it.

Also i've created a new for g2's window case:- View attachment 3075006

Reactions: Archtects

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
That's awesome Clock haha!! Okay well I'm going to carry on having a play once its done it look awesome lol. But cheers dude. Really helped :)! Ill keep updating if i find anything new or have done it lol

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
Yes you are right!!
It is possible to edit the digital clack too. If you want to change the background of digital clock then edit the b2_quickcircle_digital_bg.png in raw-xxxhdpi folder.

Code:
<RelativeLayout android:background="@android:color/black" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" xmlns:custom="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto">
  <com.lge.clock.quickcover.view.AnalogQuickCircle android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" custom:dial="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_bg" custom:hand_hour="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_hour" custom:hand_minute="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_minute" custom:hand_second="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_second" custom:setStyle="style03" />
   <RelativeLayout android:layout_width="190dp" android:layout_height="190dp" android:layout_centerInParent="true">
        <com.lge.clock.quickcover.view.DigitalQuickCircle android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" custom:digital_background="@raw/b2_quickcircle_digital_bg" custom:timeColorTop="#fff1f1f1" custom:timeColorBottom="#fff1f1f1" custom:amPmColor="#fff1f1f1" custom:dateColor="#fff1f1f1" custom:circleColor="#00f1f1f1" />
   </RelativeLayout>
</RelativeLayout>

And if you want to create the zip file for it then put this xml file in your decompiled folder of lgalarmclock.apk/res/layout and compile it. Then open the compiled apk with winrar and extract this file(analog_quick_circle_black.xml) from there and place the file in zip(vrtheme/system/priv-app/lagalarm.apk/res/layout). Compress and flash it.

can i push the xml to phone with out recompiling? for some reason my LGALARMCLOCK.apk Will not compile at all. im using apk tool

Archtects

Nov 24, 2014
kent
Code:
<RelativeLayout android:background="@*android:color/black" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" xmlns:custom="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto">
    <com.lge.clock.quickcover.view.AnalogQuickCircle android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" custom:dial="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_bg" custom:hand_hour="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_hour" custom:hand_minute="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_minute" custom:hand_second="@raw/b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_second" custom:setStyle="style02" />
    <RelativeLayout android:layout_width="190.0dip" android:layout_height="190.0dip" android:layout_centerInParent="true">
        <com.lge.clock.quickcover.view.DigitalQuickCircle android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" custom:digital_background="@null" custom:timeColorTop="#154C6F" custom:timeColorBottom="#435e6f" custom:amPmColor="#435e6f" custom:dateColor="#435e6f" custom:circleColor="@null" />
    </RelativeLayout>
</RelativeLayout>

this above is the code that should finaly finish the job lol!.
once i can actualy compile the flaming APK lol. still wont compile ive tried everything multitool, apktool, Just wont do it :/ idk why, apparently something to do with the andriod manifest?
anyone had this problem while compiling the LGAlarmClock? lol even if i decompile then recompile without editing anything it just wont do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2014-12-20-11-49-51.png

Only for kitkat.
    LG quick circle clock!

Screenshot_2014-12-24-23-11-35.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/883hqwvrioty69j/Screenshot_2014-12-24-23-11-35.png?dl=0

=D yay! hehe, done it thanks ashrock for some assistance

i managed get it all done :) for those who are wondering how i changed the color: it can be any color you want any just remeber infront of the # put ff
    or any opacity hex code, ff= 100% so inorder to remove the circle i simply put in the custom color: #00f1f1f1 as 00 = transparent

there are other opacity hex codes but im not sure what they are lol.

also if you are having problems like i had with the background duplicating, in the zip folder ash provided put in the res file path
    where the Layout file is put raw-xxxhdpi and put in two transparent files with the names
    "b2_quickcircle_analog_style03_day_bg" &
    "b2_quickcircle_digital_bg"

that will stop the duplicate and remove the day bg.
    but to completely remove the date thats at the side of the image insted of using style 03 use style 02
    custom:setStyle="style02" fixes that problem.

Thanks for assistance :)! ALL DONE :D ill be happy to put up the xml if anyone wants it!
    :cool::good:
    Yes you are right!!

Code:
       </RelativeLayout>
    </RelativeLayout>

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone