Quick Circle Watchfaces

Search This thread

yoavst

Jan 7, 2013
Quick Circle Watchfaces
Quick Circle Watchfaces is an Android app which allows you to easily change the watchfaces of the LG G4 Quick Circle Case.

1mkGbvF.png

The app itself doesn't contain any watchface but the default one. You have to download watchfaces.

Some of available watchfaces from QCThemer.net:
w2IcYJX.png

Source
The source is available under github under Apache 2 license.
https://github.com/yoavst/quickwatchfaces

Last edited:

LaManchaDK

Nov 8, 2010
Vejle
What's the point without Xposed? Tried everything to change watchface but no mas, anyone know what to do? Tried to replace the LGAlarmclock.apk with one from G3 but no luck ?

Sendt fra min LG-H815 med Tapatalk

yoavst

Jan 7, 2013
What's the point without Xposed? Tried everything to change watchface but no mas, anyone know what to do? Tried to replace the LGAlarmclock.apk with one from G3 but no luck

Sendt fra min LG-H815 med Tapatalk

Actually there is an api to add watchfaces, so no need for xposed.

Kolma

Apr 30, 2011
Tampa,FL
Kolma.info
Yes there are custom watchfaces from LG SmartWorld. There is also one custom watchface on Quick Circle Apps.

I just got a quick circle for my LG G Stylo (boost)
And after installing quick circle apps I got this watch face.
I tried looking up on LG SmartWorld and I can't find any other of these custom watchfaces that you speak of. Any help in locating them?

*edit
NVM i searched quick circle and they all came up... derp
*edit 2
And phone not supported on site or even with installed apk of the lg smartworld app...

Last edited:

yoavst

Jan 7, 2013
@BigBoot93, I've been able to get QCThemer to run on G4 (Analog clock only, and no backward compatibility for G3 & G2, since the xposed module was removed), thanks to LG's post (However, the LG post solution leaks memory - 4mb for a second, I've contacted them with a fix).
According to the license of QCThemer, I can release it commercially. However, I find it unfair, since most of the hard job was done by you (and the watchfaces creators). I would have made a pull request to your git, but instead of using AndroidAnnotations like in your original project, I've moved to Kotlin, which is another JVM language by Jetbrains (with 100% compatibility with existing java libraries, but instead of AndroidAnnotations I was using Kotlin's cool features).

I'm going to release the code as a fork of your git (under a new branch) once I'm finishing tweaking it (I have a working kotlin code with the memory leak, I need to fix it yet). I'm waiting for your decide what to do with this fork. I'll wait for 2 days and if you will not answer I'll release it free here in XDA. If a week passes and I will not get an answer, then I'll accept it as I can follow the MIT license (credit to tldrlegal.com for this):
A short, permissive software license. Basically, you can do whatever you want as long as you include the original copyright and license notice in any copy of the software/source. There are many variations of this license in use.

E3U442R.png

Last edited:

BigBoot93

Nov 29, 2013
Feel free to do whatever you want with it (after all, that's what licenses are for).
Although it would be nice if you make it open source, that's not a must.

Just a small question, will you be able to directly use qcthemer/qcview clocks or do you intend do use a own format?

yoavst

Jan 7, 2013
Feel free to do whatever you want with it (after all, that's what licenses are for).
Although it would be nice if you make it open source, that's not a must.

Just a small question, will you be able to directly use qcthemer/qcview clocks or do you intend do use a own format?

Directly use them, but with a small addition:
Code:
<clock>
<title>Example Clock</title>
<id>de.bigboot.quickcirclemod.example</id>
<author>Kevin Slaton</author>
<description>A watchface by Kevin Slaton</description>
<dayTextColor>#RRGGBB or #AARRGGBB</dayTextColor>
<dayBackgroundColor>#RRGGBB or #AARRGGBB</dayBackgroundColor>
<hideHourText>true or false</hideHourText>
<replaces>
<file>b2_quickcircle_analog_style02_hour.png</file>
<file>b2_quickcircle_analog_style02_minute.png</file>
<file>b2_quickcircle_analog_style02_second.png</file>
<file>b2_quickcircle_analog_style02_bg.png</file>
</replaces>
</clock>

The addition is of course optional, but it is a nice addition :) (I still need to think about hideHourText, should the default be false or true?)

Edit:
Also currently, the replaces should follow this order: hour, minute, second, bg. I'll change it soon once I finish make it works.

Edit 2:
I'm also wanna add an option to disable the second tick, for better battery life, what do you think?

Edit 3:
Currently it works with stable memory usage (48MB). Now I need to fix the order support, check if it runs for long time (my Form watchface failed here), and check how is the battery life. I'll upload it to github tomorrow.

Last edited:

BigBoot93

Nov 29, 2013
The default is to show the hour text.
But keep in mind, that the filenames can be style01 - style03. And a theme may even not provide all files.

yoavst

Jan 7, 2013
I'm working now on a hot-switch for theme so no reboot will be needed. Can someone upload the old LGAlarmClock.apk from G3 so I could take a look at the original files (and maybe include them as resources for complete the themes),

Edit: Hot switch is now supported, no reboot needed. Now I need your help in this situation:
Currently it choose the files based on their order. First file is hour, second is minute, third is second and last is background. However it is a very bad idea, and I want to switch away from it. What are your suggestions? should I switch the format of replaces? or search for minute/hour/second/background inside the name of the replace? Maybe we should drop the compatibility with G3 QCThemer for good.

Edit 2: As I've promised here is the source of the alpha version - https://github.com/yoavst/quickwatchfaces - tested on 2 watchfaces of rolex only, so notify me if any other watchface doesn't work. @BigBoot93, the license it Apache 2 for this code, I heard it is compatible with MIT, if it is not, I'll change it back to MIT.

It will be released officially once it fully works (files order stuff).

Here is the simple redesign I made for the desktop app, what do you think?
IvA4TXMl.png

Last edited:
Reactions: faizalotai

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick Circle Watchfaces
    Quick Circle Watchfaces is an Android app which allows you to easily change the watchfaces of the LG G4 Quick Circle Case.

1mkGbvF.png

The app itself doesn't contain any watchface but the default one. You have to download watchfaces.

Some of available watchfaces from QCThemer.net:
    w2IcYJX.png

Source
    The source is available under github under Apache 2 license.
    https://github.com/yoavst/quickwatchfaces
    Looks good. Wondering if you could write a basic tutorial on how to do this? I'd love to make my own watch face :)

I'm working on support for all the watchfaces for here - https://qcthemer.net/theme-gallery, so maybe it will be easier to make zip in this format.
    http://developer.lgmobile.com/MOBIL...pi/Documents/developingaquickcirclewidget.htm
    I'm working now on a hot-switch for theme so no reboot will be needed. Can someone upload the old LGAlarmClock.apk from G3 so I could take a look at the original files (and maybe include them as resources for complete the themes),

Edit: Hot switch is now supported, no reboot needed. Now I need your help in this situation:
    Currently it choose the files based on their order. First file is hour, second is minute, third is second and last is background. However it is a very bad idea, and I want to switch away from it. What are your suggestions? should I switch the format of replaces? or search for minute/hour/second/background inside the name of the replace? Maybe we should drop the compatibility with G3 QCThemer for good.

Edit 2: As I've promised here is the source of the alpha version - https://github.com/yoavst/quickwatchfaces - tested on 2 watchfaces of rolex only, so notify me if any other watchface doesn't work. @BigBoot93, the license it Apache 2 for this code, I heard it is compatible with MIT, if it is not, I'll change it back to MIT.

It will be released officially once it fully works (files order stuff).

Here is the simple redesign I made for the desktop app, what do you think?
    IvA4TXMl.png
    A thread to discuss about your favorite watchfaces. I'll edit this post later with more info and pictures.

-----------------------------------
    I've been working on a watchface, what do you think?
    zJF6e32m.png

Same question How are you making watchfaces. I prefer FaceRepo[.]com. Have a look for ideas...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone