[Quick Guide] - Enabling Hidden Features

Search This thread

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
Just wanted to share a few CSC features that are tested to work on the S6/S6 edge.

This is not my work, just sharing.

To enable these you will need root, a root explorer and text editor.

Simply navigate to system/csc/Features.xml and add the corresponding line to the end of the file but before the very last few lines that say </feature> and </Samsung>
(if this file does not exist, create the csc folder in system and a txt file within it then change the name to features.xml and add the correct lines and save) if this does not work you can try the same method with Others.XML in the same folder

*Make sure you make backups of the stock files in case there are issues.*

Enable WiFi calling in phone settings:
Code:
<CscFeature_Setting_SupportWifiCall>TRUE</CscFeature_Setting_SupportWifiCall>
Enable native voice call recording(maybe illegal is some countries):
Code:
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
Enable shutter sound switch in camera settings(maybe illegal is some countries):
Code:
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
Enable camera during call:
Code:
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall></CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>
Enable manual rotation option in gallery:
Code:
<CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>true</CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>
Continuous music while using camera:
Code:
<CscFeature_Camera_CamcorderDoNotPauseMusic></CscFeature_Camera_CamcorderDoNotPauseMusic>

Enable scheduled messaging option in messaging app:
Code:
<CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMsgBox>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMsgBox>
Enable exit buttons in default browser:
Code:
<CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>true</CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>
Enable 2nd symbol keys on stock keyboard:
Code:
<CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>true</CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>
<CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>de;en_US;en_GB</CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>
Enable VoLTE Support: Thanks to IakobosJ
Code:
<CscFeature_RIL_SupportVolte>true</CscFeature_RIL_SupportVolte>
<CscFeature_IMS_EnableVoLTE>true</CscFeature_IMS_EnableVoLTE>
Remove NFC enabled icon in the status bar: Thanks to evonc
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Delete line[/COLOR] : <CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>DEFAULT</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>
ADDED 21/04/15

Sort app draw alphabetically:

Code:
<CscFeature_Launcher_EnableViewByAlphabetAsDefault>true</CscFeature_Launcher_EnableViewByAlphabetAsDefault>

I Hope this helps someone out,

Big Thanks to this post for the info, there are many more in the original post but these are the only ones I've tried and have worked so far,
and IakobosJ for his help in the wifi calling thread
if anything needs adding let us know and it can be added to this post,

This is dedicated to the hard working XDA community

Thank You All :)

Last edited:

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
Theres also some nice tools in the play store -:- Be careful when using these!

Samsung CSC Master
CSC Feature Expert
(I own google so get a big cut of the profit made on these ;) )
I've tried CSC Feature Expert now -and it seems to work well,

Quick tut:

I would backup original CSC folder first
Just search for the option you want to enable,
Select the value ( see pic 1)
in the popup - Input the correct value (see pic 2 - label 1)
(a few examples of values)
' RecordingAllowed ' to enable call recording,
' true ' for shutter sound menu,
' true ' for launcher by alphabet,
' true ' for rotation icon in gallery,
' true ' for support wifi call,

then click save (see pic 2 - label 2)
restart you device
Hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-21-20-00-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-21-20-00-07.png
    242.8 KB · Views: 24,169
  • Screenshot_2015-04-21-20-00-14.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-21-20-00-14.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 24,024
Last edited:

IakobosJ

Sep 28, 2009
Darlington
If only we could root, without tripping Knox.

I don't want to root my phone in fear that Samsung Pay won't work with a tripped Knox.

Nice to see you've put all of this information together :)

For those on EE you may also want to enable VoLTE. I know it's unlikely to be in anyones area yet, but they are rolling it out across the UK (Very slowly) :p

Enable VoLTE Support
<CscFeature_RIL_SupportVolte>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_SupportVolte>

Enable VoLTE

Last edited:

evonc

Dec 10, 2011
Toronto
Just a quick note that the commands have to be added before the
</FeatureSet>
</SamsungMobileFeauture> tags at the end of the file.

Tested the Call recording and Shutter sound edits. Worked great.

Lastly if you want to remove that ugly NFC enabled icon in the status bar, delete line
<CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>DEFAULT</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>

from the file and it will hide the icon.

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
Just a quick note that the commands have to be added before the
</FeatureSet>
</SamsungMobileFeauture> tags at the end of the file.

Tested the Call recording and Shutter sound edits. Worked great.

Lastly if you want to remove that ugly NFC enabled icon in the status bar, delete line
<CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>DEFAULT</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>

from the file and it will hide the icon.
Thats strange as I've added mine after the samsung tags and all is working fine fine on my device.
Have you had problems in the past with doing that?

Reactions: mrnovanova

evonc

Dec 10, 2011
Toronto
No. I saw the file header and noticed they're inserting commands between those tags. The original guide also has that listed but I guess it may or may not work.

Also I believe the file may get reset when you enter stock recovery so I'm assuming this should work as a fix.

1. Open the sales_code.dat to find your csc code.
2. Open the folder above with the same code.
3. Navigate to <code>/system/csc and you'll see another others.xml
4. This is most likely the file that gets applied after a factory reset/activation.
5. Make changes to this file as well.

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
No. I saw the file header and noticed they're inserting commands between those tags. The original guide also has that listed but I guess it may or may not work.

Also I believe the file may get reset when you enter stock recovery so I'm assuming this should work as a fix.

1. Open the sales_code.dat to find your csc code.
2. Open the folder above with the same code.
3. Navigate to <code>/system/csc and you'll see another others.xml
4. This is most likely the file that gets applied after a factory reset/activation.
5. Make changes to this file as well.

I would have thought it would have had to be within those tags too. Only found it didn't when i wasn't paying attention while modding it. LoL ;)

Nice tip. Thanks. hoping there's more cool things that can enabled with this, maybe some S6 exclusives finds .

Last edited:

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
I'm on the Sprint Edge and don't have that folder. I guess I'll create and see what happens

I didnt have it either . Just create the csc folder and make a txt file and change the name to others.xml. as the op states. infact ill post a copy with basic changes i the first post.

It works fine for me. hopfully you wont have any issues

Last edited:

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I actually did have the folder. I was looking at the folder ". System" However, after adding those lines and saving it had no effect. Can you take a look at this to see if it's right?

Edit: can't upload the xml file.

Last edited:

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
I actually did have the folder. I was looking at the folder ". System" However, after adding those lines and saving it had no effect. Can you take a look at this to see if it's right?

Edit: can't upload the xml file.

You'll have to zip it before you can upload it... or rename others.xml to others.txt

I've attached a basic others.xml with all functions listed in the OP
and an original copy of the EE csc folder that IakobosJ uploaded in the WIFI calling thread

(it would be good if everybody could upload their original csc folders for reference and backups in case someone messes up theirs by accident.)

You can just copy and paste my others.xml into the bottom of your own others.xml(backup yours first)

I've had to do this as XDA's forum system seems to have changed at least one of the lines I've posted, and I've even tried going back and editing and it keeps putting a space in the middle of one of them, so use the upload if your having trouble,

I've deleted all but this file in my csc folder and tested it to make sure there nothing else it depends on - everything is working fine on my device.

But feel free to upload your for us to have a look at

Last edited:

lilmikey201

Sep 23, 2011
im confused?
i can already do wifi calling and most of these things already without root
im on tmobile

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You'll have to zip it before you can upload it... or rename others.xml to others.txt

I've attached a basic others.xml with all functions listed in the OP
and an original copy of the EE csc folder that IakobosJ uploaded in the WIFI calling thread

(it would be good if everybody could upload their original csc folders for reference and backups in case someone messes up theirs by accident.)

You can just copy and paste my others.xml into the bottom of your own others.xml(backup yours first)

I've had to do this as XDA's forum system seems to have changed at least one of the lines I've posted, and I've even tried going back and editing and it keeps putting a space in the middle of one of them, so use the upload if your having trouble,

I've deleted all but this file in my csc folder and tested it to make sure there nothing else it depends on - everything is working fine on my device.

But feel free to upload your for us to have a look at

Ok, I'm finally on a PC so I had a chance to zip that file and have uploaded it. IDK where I screwed up. I'm rooted, I found the System/CSC/Others file and made the proper edits and then saved it. The original file was automatically backed up. The permissions were the same as the original file. IDK what I did wrong.

Attachments

• others.zip
    857 bytes · Views: 549
Reactions: diegorolando6

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
Ok, I'm finally on a PC so I had a chance to zip that file and have uploaded it. IDK where I screwed up. I'm rooted, I found the System/CSC/Others file and made the proper edits and then saved it. The original file was automatically backed up. The permissions were the same as the original file. IDK what I did wrong.

is it just call recording and shutter sound toggle you want to add?

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
I want to add the NO NFC notification, CALL RECORDING, WI-FI CALLING and NO SOUND for snapping pics.

I've uploaded two versions, one with the feature you've asked for and a full featured one, both based on your original other.xml and tested on my device to be working

just copy one to your csc folder

let me know if you have any problems

Attachments

• others.zip
    819 bytes · Views: 375
  • othersfull.zip
    994 bytes · Views: 794
Reactions: SantinoInc

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I've uploaded two versions, one with the feature you've asked for and a full featured one, both based on your original other.xml and tested on my device to be working

just copy one to your csc folder

let me know if you have any problems

I really appreciate the effort but that didn't work either. I used the file you uploaded for me and made sure the permissions were the same and rebooted. None of the mods worked. It's really weird. I'm going to inquire in the Sprint thread to see if anyone can get these to work.

Unrelated do you know which folder I can find the boot sounds and camera sounds? I'm just going to delete them and that will solve part of my problem.

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
I really appreciate the effort but that didn't work either. I used the file you uploaded for me and made sure the permissions were the same and rebooted. None of the mods worked. It's really weird. I'm going to inquire in the Sprint thread to see if anyone can get these to work.

Unrelated do you know which folder I can find the boot sounds and camera sounds? I'm just going to delete them and that will solve part of my problem.

Thats a shame maybe sprint have changed something.
Sure its
/system/media/audio/ui/PowerOn.ogg
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: SantinoInc

tiboric

Jul 30, 2011
Killed boot sound but I must have not found the right OGG file for the camera. Do you know the name of the file?

I believe its
/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg
P.s did you try any of the apps posted in the second post. I dont know how well the work but ghey seem to have good reviews

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to share a few CSC features that are tested to work on the S6/S6 edge.

This is not my work, just sharing.

To enable these you will need root, a root explorer and text editor.

Simply navigate to system/csc/Features.xml and add the corresponding line to the end of the file but before the very last few lines that say </feature> and </Samsung>
    (if this file does not exist, create the csc folder in system and a txt file within it then change the name to features.xml and add the correct lines and save) if this does not work you can try the same method with Others.XML in the same folder

Enable WiFi calling in phone settings:
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Setting_SupportWifiCall>TRUE</CscFeature_Setting_SupportWifiCall>
    Enable native voice call recording(maybe illegal is some countries):
    Code:
    <CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
    Enable shutter sound switch in camera settings(maybe illegal is some countries):
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
    Enable camera during call:
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall></CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>
    Enable manual rotation option in gallery:
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>true</CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>
    Continuous music while using camera:
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Camera_CamcorderDoNotPauseMusic></CscFeature_Camera_CamcorderDoNotPauseMusic>

Enable scheduled messaging option in messaging app:
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMsgBox>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMsgBox>
    Enable exit buttons in default browser:
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>true</CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>
    Enable 2nd symbol keys on stock keyboard:
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>true</CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>
    <CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>de;en_US;en_GB</CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>
    Enable VoLTE Support: Thanks to IakobosJ
    Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_SupportVolte>true</CscFeature_RIL_SupportVolte>
    Remove NFC enabled icon in the status bar: Thanks to evonc
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]Delete line[/COLOR] : <CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>DEFAULT</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>
    ADDED 21/04/15

Sort app draw alphabetically:

Code:
    <CscFeature_Launcher_EnableViewByAlphabetAsDefault>true</CscFeature_Launcher_EnableViewByAlphabetAsDefault>

I Hope this helps someone out,

Big Thanks to this post for the info, there are many more in the original post but these are the only ones I've tried and have worked so far,
    and IakobosJ for his help in the wifi calling thread
    if anything needs adding let us know and it can be added to this post,

This is dedicated to the hard working XDA community

Thank You All :)
    Theres also some nice tools in the play store -:- Be careful when using these!

Samsung CSC Master
    CSC Feature Expert
    (I own google so get a big cut of the profit made on these ;) )
    I've tried CSC Feature Expert now -and it seems to work well,

Quick tut:

I would backup original CSC folder first
    Just search for the option you want to enable,
    Select the value ( see pic 1)
    in the popup - Input the correct value (see pic 2 - label 1)
    (a few examples of values)
    ' RecordingAllowed ' to enable call recording,
    ' true ' for shutter sound menu,
    ' true ' for launcher by alphabet,
    ' true ' for rotation icon in gallery,
    ' true ' for support wifi call,

then click save (see pic 2 - label 2)
    restart you device
    Hope this helps
    I'm driving that's why I asked pal

Driving AND on XDA! Genius! Please stay up north, thanks
    Do you know of any app or setting that will change the Verizon 4G LTE icon back to the original one? God, that logo is SO UGLY.

All you have to do to get a nice "LTE" icon is to add to the feature.xml in the csc folder the following lines:

<CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand>LTE</CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand>
    Remove quick connect and s finder

wonder if there's option for remove s finder and quick connect in notification bar

To do this I rooted phone with pingpong then used rom toolbox pro to change build.prop... changed property ro.product.name value to "zeroltevzw"