• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Quick Hack To A Faster Finger Print Scanner

Did this hack help you improve your Finger Print Experience?

• Total voters

nirmik379kale

Sep 2, 2012
Nasik
Hi guys,
I went through some reviews and my own experience too, and observed that the fingerprint scanner gets slower ans you increase the number of fingerprints towards 5.
More the fingers, more the time and more slower the scanner!!

So here is what i figured out -
Our OnePlus 2 scanner is not like touchID in the sense that it DOES NOT make us scan all parts of the finger. It does ask for the print multiple times, but it does not compel you to do it with all parts of the finger.

so here is what i did -
start scanning for 1 finger - do around 60-70% of scanning with your major finger ( eg thumb ) and then do the remaining 30 - 40% with another finger ( like index finger )
This way , I have 4 fingers configured in 2 prints. One for left thumb and index and one for left thumb and index. I did major part thumb and minor part index finger.

Also, make sure when you aree scanning any finger, you hold the device in various ways you generally do in daily usage and scan your fingers at all those angles. :good:

This hack has let me have around 96-98% accuracy and its really quick!!
Try it and cast your votes above!! ;)

Cheers! :highfive:

nirmik379kale

Sep 2, 2012
Nasik
So how much slower does it get per added profile? I've got my doubts about accuracy too..
3 fingers was quite slow for me...
2 fingers is fast... Idk how, but there was a huge difference in 2 & 3... Didn't try more than that...
Accuracy, i have around 95-98% accuracy...
As ive said, if you make sure while scanning itself, that you hols your phone in all the possible positions that you normal hold your phone in and then do the scans, it increases the accuracy rate a lot... Since youve made sure to scan the "most probably used parts" of your finger...

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone