QUICK KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL for FLS+BIN+CAB+WDB+DLL - Ver:0.1

Search This thread

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
This tool extracts KDZ in various parts. How to use which part, for what purpose, its your wish. I use this tool mainly for extracting BASEBAND quickly in single command. I made this tool for myself and worked for me everytime with every KDZ including V20D Hongkong P765. If it works for some more people then I will sure be happy. Experienced people are requested to please stay away and use your own methods.

Based on LGExtract method by Spyrosk's AIO TOOL FOR P990 (Optimus2x) which is very huge and hard to digest at first attempt, I stripped down his utility for our convenience of dissecting KDZ. THANKS A LOT TO SPYROSK :)

This is simple BATCH FILE utility which should dissect any LG KDZ file and provide us FLS, BIN, CAB, WDB and DLL files all in one folder place.

1) First unzip and copy the folder in any Drive (preferably D Drive, but its your choice)

2) If you check in Windows Explorer you should find a folder named as follows >>> "D:\KDZTOOL" or "C:\KDZTOOL"

3) Now copy your V10H_00.kdz in the same folder as shown in screenshot below.

picture.php

4) Now open DOS command prompt (with Run As Administrator option) and give following DOS commands.
D:
CD \KDZTOOL
PROCKDZ V10H_00 LGP760 V10H
Screenshot of above...
picture.php

The syntaxt of above command is as follows.
PROCKDZ <KDZFILENAME> <DEVICE NAME> <SHORT VERSION NAME>
PROCKDZ Command Parameters:

• <KDZFILENAME> = your original KDZ filename without KDZ file extension. Do not change filename on your own.
  • <DEVICE NAME> = your device variant, but enter as shown above starting with "LGP"
  • <SHORT VERSION NAME> = your own version but enter as shown above, only version
  • Type Space between each parameter
Example:
D:\KDZTOOL>PROCKDZ V20D_00 LGP765 V20D

Give command and just wait for LONG LONG time until the message appears as everything is "DONE!"

Now open a new "D:\KDZTOOL\BIN" folder created inside and find all your files there (including TEMP files LGP760 _AP
[*].bin, which you can delete, if you dont want.
)

FLS = Fls file is baseband file of your device.

I have not hidden the results so you can see whats happening on screen and understand the simplicity of the batch file :D I have updated 7Zip to latest version so CAB file extraction is much faster than before.

Check mentioned folder, all your files should be there. :D

Tested OK on Windows 7 64bit, should work on XP, Vista, 2K and 32 bit too. Good Luck.

READ FAQ IN SECOND POST BELOW BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

Attachments

• KDZTOOL.zip
    596.7 KB · Views: 25,696
Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION

1) Is it possible extract bin file?

Answer: No. This tool does not extract BIN. But it extracts kdz into wab, fls, bin and wdb. And at end, you get BIN file split into several parts which is used by LG Update Tool, which is useful for Rooting with Lelus Method. Also this method is useful to extract FLS file, which is baseband of your model and location.

Last edited:

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
Teheran
No. This tool does not extract BIN. But it extracts kdz into wab, fls, bin and wdb.

And at end, you get BIN file split into several parts which is used by LG Update Tool, which is useful for Rooting with Lelus Method.

:eek: and thanks, but this is already in op. For this i did that question, if there is also a method for extract bin..

Gh0sT.RPG

Jan 20, 2013
Mangalore
@ OP, i followed the steps correctly, but i dont get any bin folder inside the kdz tool folder. i rather get a V20A_00 zip file. Inside this zip file i get dll and wdb files. I wanted fls file, so am i doing anythin wrong?

EDIT: nvm i found my way. I extracted the wdb file and got the BIN folder.

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
@ OP, i followed the steps correctly, but i dont get any bin folder inside the kdz tool folder. i rather get a V20A_00 zip file. Inside this zip file i get dll and wdb files. I wanted fls file, so am i doing anythin wrong?

It always works on all kdz. Mostly ppl do mistakes in syntax.

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: druiza

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
@all, I request all the contributors, keep doing your work. Dont worry about people who feel jealous or who just want to be famous by indulging into confrontations. Just look at their thanks meter and yours which tells whole story. Keep doing your work without expecting returns from it. It may help one person and that is enough. XDA is for everyone from noons to devs. Thanks "All".

I use this tool mainly for extracting BASEBAND quickly in single command. I made it for myself and worked for me everytime with every KDZ including V20D Hongkong P765. It extracts KDZ in various parts. How to use which part, for what purpose, its your wish.

Last edited:

dm146

Apr 24, 2011
Can't find BIN directory

This tool extracts KDZ in various parts.

Now open a new BIN folder created inside and find all your files there (including TEMP files LGP760 _AP
)

Jedi Master cmahendra: This does not work for me. I can't locate the BIN file. I am using 32 bit Windows 8.

dm146

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Jedi Master cmahendra: This does not work for me. I can't locate the BIN file. I am using 32 bit Windows 8.

dm146

And you should inform what error you got. Just by saying "does not work", you are not helping yourself. Send more information. What error you get? At what point? What is the file name of your kdz and what is the variant model you are trying?

If you have copied V20D_00.kdz file in folder and if it is LGP765 rom, then your dos command syntax will be something like this...

Should work. Try again and inform. (I extracted folder in D Drive hence its showing command prompt as "D:\KDZTOOL>"

This can be run from any disk drive you choose.

======================
More info...

• <KDZFILENAME> = your original KDZ filename without KDZ file extension. Do not change filename on your own.
  • <DEVICE NAME> = your device variant, but enter as shown above starting with "LGP"
  • <SHORT VERSION NAME> = your own version but enter as shown above, only version
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: dm146

dm146

Apr 24, 2011
KDZTOOL

And you should inform what error you got. Try again and inform.

By the way, I should have said thanks for taking the time to reply.

These are the files I find when I extract the KDZTOOL zip file: 7z.dll; 7z.exe, LGExtract.exe, and PROCKDZ.bat

I put these in the KDZTOOL folder on my desktop, along with the V201A_00.kdz file

I run the following command:

C:\Users\user\Desktop\KDZTOOL\PROCKDZ V20A_00 LGP768 V20A

I get no errors.

This is the report at the end of the exercise: "Done! Open BIN file and find all your rom dissection files."

However, there is no BIN file in the C:\Users\user\Desktop\KDZTOOL directory, and I can't find a BIN on my computer that is related to the KDZTOOL.

I had tried it earlier on the C:\ directory, to similar effect.

I have looked at the contents of the batch file. I don't see where it creates a BIN directory.

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Please wait....Starting kdz dissection!
set kdzfile=%1
set device=%2
set version=%3
lgextract -kdz %kdzfile%.kdz
7z x %kdzfile%.cab
lgextract -wdb %version%.wdb %device%.dll
cd BIN
copy /B "%device%_AP[?].bin" + "%device%_AP[??].bin" "%device%_AP.bin"
cd ..
copy %version%*.* BIN
ERASE %version%*.*
copy %device%.dll BIN
ERASE %device%.dll
cls
Echo .
Echo .
Echo Done! Open BIN file and find all your rom dissection files.

I have tried creating a BIN sub-directory in the \KDZTOOL directory but this only results in the V20A.kdz being removed from \KDZTOOL to \KDZTOOL\BIN. There is nothing else there.

dm146

Last edited:

dm146

Apr 24, 2011
KDZTOOL working!!!!

And you should inform what error you got. Try again and inform.

I think that I have solved the problem. The 7-Zip tool in the package was not compatible with my operating system. I edited the batch file to use 7-Zip already installed on my computer. See:
@ECHO OFF
ECHO Please wait....Starting kdz dissection!
set kdzfile=%1
set device=%2
set version=%3
lgextract -kdz %kdzfile%.kdz
C:\"Program Files"\7-Zip\7z x %kdzfile%.cab
lgextract -wdb %version%.wdb %device%.dll
cd BIN
copy /B "%device%_AP[?].bin" + "%device%_AP[??].bin" "%device%_AP.bin" BIN
cd ..
copy %version%*.* BIN
ERASE %version%*.*
copy %device%.dll BIN
ERASE %device%.dll
cls
Echo .
Echo .
Echo Done! Open BIN file and find all your rom dissection files.

After the extraction the program still reports a syntax error, but I am not sure what that is. In any event, I have dissected the kdz file. Now onto editing it so that I can root.

Thanks again; as usual you are a great mentor!

dm146

dm146

Apr 24, 2011
KDZTOOL working perfectly (it seems)!!!

And you should inform what error you got. Try again and inform. (

I think I have located the cause of the syntax error. I had removed 7z.exe and 7z.dll from the folder. I thought they would not be necessary as I am using my own installation of 7-zip. I replaced them and now no more syntax error.

I now seem to be extracting the bin files OK.

dm146

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
I think I have located the cause of the syntax error. I had removed 7z.exe and 7z.dll from the folder. I thought they would not be necessary as I am using my own installation of 7-zip. I replaced them and now no more syntax error.

dm146

I am using same 7z.exe and 7z.dll on XP 32bit and Windows 7/8 64bit without any issue. I dont know why you say 7z is not compatible for your windows. 7zip should work all versions of windows without any changes.

Install 7ZIP for Windows found on their website and try again. May be some necessary old framework is missing from your pc. On FREEWARE website, there are only 2 files to download one for 32bit and another for 64bit. I am using 64bit 7ZIP right now or just try installing 32 bit for windows to recheck.

BTW click on the website link, It says "7-Zip works in Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT / ME / 98."

Last edited:
Reactions: dm146

dm146

Apr 24, 2011
All is well that ends well. Using your guides I have been able to update the ROM and now I am able to disassemble the bin files. The next step is to edit the bin so as to root the phone.

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
All is well that ends well. Using your guides I have been able to update the ROM and now I am able to disassemble the bin files. The next step is to edit the bin so as to root the phone.
Keep up the good work.
Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app

To make it more suitable for all, I have copied 32bit version of 7z.exe and 7z.dll and repacked the folder, TESTED OK. Thanks for your query. Now should work on all win versions. :) It was 64bit version before with bit bigger filesize.

dm146

Apr 24, 2011
Why 7z did not work

To make it more suitable for all, I have copied 32bit version of 7z.exe and 7z.dll and repacked the folder, TESTED OK. Thanks for your query. Now should work on all win versions. :) It was 64bit version before with bit bigger filesize.

That explains why 7z.exe didn't work for me. I have a Window 32 bit operating system.

Keep up the good work.

Dm146

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool extracts KDZ in various parts. How to use which part, for what purpose, its your wish. I use this tool mainly for extracting BASEBAND quickly in single command. I made this tool for myself and worked for me everytime with every KDZ including V20D Hongkong P765. If it works for some more people then I will sure be happy. Experienced people are requested to please stay away and use your own methods.

Based on LGExtract method by Spyrosk's AIO TOOL FOR P990 (Optimus2x) which is very huge and hard to digest at first attempt, I stripped down his utility for our convenience of dissecting KDZ. THANKS A LOT TO SPYROSK :)

This is simple BATCH FILE utility which should dissect any LG KDZ file and provide us FLS, BIN, CAB, WDB and DLL files all in one folder place.

1) First unzip and copy the folder in any Drive (preferably D Drive, but its your choice)

2) If you check in Windows Explorer you should find a folder named as follows >>> "D:\KDZTOOL" or "C:\KDZTOOL"

3) Now copy your V10H_00.kdz in the same folder as shown in screenshot below.

picture.php

4) Now open DOS command prompt (with Run As Administrator option) and give following DOS commands.
    D:
    CD \KDZTOOL
    PROCKDZ V10H_00 LGP760 V10H
    Screenshot of above...
    picture.php

The syntaxt of above command is as follows.
    PROCKDZ <KDZFILENAME> <DEVICE NAME> <SHORT VERSION NAME>

Example:

Give command and just wait for LONG LONG time until the message appears as everything is "DONE!"

Now open a new "D:\KDZTOOL\BIN" folder created inside and find all your files there (including TEMP files LGP760 _AP
    )

FLS = Fls file is baseband file of your device.

I have not hidden the results so you can see whats happening on screen and understand the simplicity of the batch file :D I have updated 7Zip to latest version so CAB file extraction is much faster than before.

Check mentioned folder, all your files should be there. :D

Tested OK on Windows 7 64bit, should work on XP, Vista, 2K and 32 bit too. Good Luck.

READ FAQ IN SECOND POST BELOW BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
    @all, I request all the contributors, keep doing your work. Dont worry about people who feel jealous or who just want to be famous by indulging into confrontations. Just look at their thanks meter and yours which tells whole story. Keep doing your work without expecting returns from it. It may help one person and that is enough. XDA is for everyone from noons to devs. Thanks "All".

I use this tool mainly for extracting BASEBAND quickly in single command. I made it for myself and worked for me everytime with every KDZ including V20D Hongkong P765. It extracts KDZ in various parts. How to use which part, for what purpose, its your wish.

It always works on all kdz. Mostly ppl do mistakes in syntax.

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app

dm146

And you should inform what error you got. Just by saying "does not work", you are not helping yourself. Send more information. What error you get? At what point? What is the file name of your kdz and what is the variant model you are trying?

If you have copied V20D_00.kdz file in folder and if it is LGP765 rom, then your dos command syntax will be something like this...

Should work. Try again and inform. (I extracted folder in D Drive hence its showing command prompt as "D:\KDZTOOL>"

This can be run from any disk drive you choose.

======================
    More info...

Hope this helps.

dm146

I am using same 7z.exe and 7z.dll on XP 32bit and Windows 7/8 64bit without any issue. I dont know why you say 7z is not compatible for your windows. 7zip should work all versions of windows without any changes.

Install 7ZIP for Windows found on their website and try again. May be some necessary old framework is missing from your pc. On FREEWARE website, there are only 2 files to download one for 32bit and another for 64bit. I am using 64bit 7ZIP right now or just try installing 32 bit for windows to recheck.

BTW click on the website link, It says "7-Zip works in Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT / ME / 98."