Quick launch camera from lockscreen

Firipu

Mar 7, 2011
Silly question. I like to launch my camera from my lockscreen using the double press power button shortcut. If I remember it correctly, it used to unlock my phone, so I could take pictures instantly. But since the latest OxygenOS build, I always have to unlock my phone to open the camera after doublepressing power. Not sure if it has to do with the latest build or if I changed a setting somewhere.

Does anyone know if there is any to fix this behaviour?

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
Working here. It doesn't unlock the phone per say, just the camera. I'm guessing you have it turned in in settings, settings>buttons & gestures>quickly turn on camera.

Firipu

Mar 7, 2011
Working here. It doesn't unlock the phone per say, just the camera. I'm guessing you have it turned in in settings, settings>buttons & gestures>quickly turn on camera.
Yeah, I have it turned on. If my phone is unlocked, it works like a charm.

Yeah, it's not a full unlock, just the camera app. I can launch the camera app without unlocking from the homescreen by swiping the lower right corner. But the doubletap power button doesn't work. It does open the camera, because as soon as I unlock, the camera app is open and ready to shoot.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
I use swipe gestures to open camera from lock screen...I like to use the letter V and it works great on 10.0.2
I use the letter O for the flashlight.