Quick review: Inateck Bluetooth Mini Speaker

Search This thread

glenthompson

Jan 15, 2014
I've been using the Inateck BTSP-10 Bluetooth speaker for nearly a month now, and it has simply been a pure pleasure.

The specs are:
Two 1.5 inch 3W speakers, with bass booster unto 88dB
Built in 1500mAh lithium polymer battery
Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
Built in microphone for hands free calls/iChat
USB for charging
AUX 3.5mm audio plug

The BTSP-10 is rated to work with Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android devices.

Here is a quick unboxing video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_2dSYH_m8

The packaging is surprisingly minimalist, and although black reminds me a lot of Apple. You get a small black box with the Inateck logo on it, and tiny musical note visible on it. It's a sturdy and strong thick cardboard, and inside you'll find the speaker itself, a flat 3.5mm audio cable, mini USB cable, and a traveling bag for the speaker.

The packaging oozed quality device, and the speaker was seated in thick heavy foam for protection.

It can take 3-3.5 hours to fully charge,during which the power button on the side will glue red. Although depending on use I've gotten an average of between 6.5-8 hours of use out of it. This is while having it constantly connected with my computer.

The speaker itself has an interesting Honey comb designed front where the speakers are located, and the device has a rubberised plastic shell, with four pads not the bottom to stand on. The device is well made, and feels good in the hand as well with the Matte rubberised shell fitting in rather well.

On top are three buttons, 1 for Bluetooth, and the two volume buttons. On the right is the Auxiliary 3.5mm audio jack on/of button, and the mini USB port.

On the front onto of one of the speakers is the Inateck logo, and a singular LED which light Blue when connected, and red when not.

I've tested the device on my 5.1 Mac Pro, and Note 2. It's connected instantly and worked as soon as you start playing something.

The speakers in it are surprisingly powerful, with music being clear and well audible. It's certainly a lot louder than it looks when ran close to full volume.
The bass cannot match dedicated powered speakers, but that's to be expected. having used it extensively for music, and movies I simply cannot fault it for sound quality.

The only issues I have encountered are on my Mac Pro. I have had signal drops, disconnects, and stutter during playback when connected via Bluetooth.

Although this is entirely not fault of the the Inateck Speakers in anyway, and is entirely due to USB3.0 interference over the bluetooth band. Intel has released a white paper documenting the issue, and it seems that when I unplug my USB3.0 devices the issue is immediately eliminated.

I've used the speaker near daily, and almost constantly through Bluetooth. Let me just say again that they are a pleasure to use.
I would highly recommend these to anyone that is looking for a decent high quality bluetooth speaker for either their computer or mobile devices.

For more information: http://www.inateck.com/inateck-btsp-10-bluetooth-speaker/

iX4UtGfUPBrJ4.JPG

iAWa7yAqtxBLy.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: zolo185

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Looks like it's only sold in EU, since it's not available in US amazon? Also, it looks rugged but their webpage doesn't say anything about IPx rating?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been using the Inateck BTSP-10 Bluetooth speaker for nearly a month now, and it has simply been a pure pleasure.

The specs are:
    Two 1.5 inch 3W speakers, with bass booster unto 88dB
    Built in 1500mAh lithium polymer battery
    Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
    Built in microphone for hands free calls/iChat
    USB for charging
    AUX 3.5mm audio plug

The BTSP-10 is rated to work with Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android devices.

Here is a quick unboxing video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_2dSYH_m8

The packaging is surprisingly minimalist, and although black reminds me a lot of Apple. You get a small black box with the Inateck logo on it, and tiny musical note visible on it. It's a sturdy and strong thick cardboard, and inside you'll find the speaker itself, a flat 3.5mm audio cable, mini USB cable, and a traveling bag for the speaker.

The packaging oozed quality device, and the speaker was seated in thick heavy foam for protection.

It can take 3-3.5 hours to fully charge,during which the power button on the side will glue red. Although depending on use I've gotten an average of between 6.5-8 hours of use out of it. This is while having it constantly connected with my computer.

The speaker itself has an interesting Honey comb designed front where the speakers are located, and the device has a rubberised plastic shell, with four pads not the bottom to stand on. The device is well made, and feels good in the hand as well with the Matte rubberised shell fitting in rather well.

On top are three buttons, 1 for Bluetooth, and the two volume buttons. On the right is the Auxiliary 3.5mm audio jack on/of button, and the mini USB port.

On the front onto of one of the speakers is the Inateck logo, and a singular LED which light Blue when connected, and red when not.

I've tested the device on my 5.1 Mac Pro, and Note 2. It's connected instantly and worked as soon as you start playing something.

The speakers in it are surprisingly powerful, with music being clear and well audible. It's certainly a lot louder than it looks when ran close to full volume.
    The bass cannot match dedicated powered speakers, but that's to be expected. having used it extensively for music, and movies I simply cannot fault it for sound quality.

The only issues I have encountered are on my Mac Pro. I have had signal drops, disconnects, and stutter during playback when connected via Bluetooth.

Although this is entirely not fault of the the Inateck Speakers in anyway, and is entirely due to USB3.0 interference over the bluetooth band. Intel has released a white paper documenting the issue, and it seems that when I unplug my USB3.0 devices the issue is immediately eliminated.

I've used the speaker near daily, and almost constantly through Bluetooth. Let me just say again that they are a pleasure to use.
    I would highly recommend these to anyone that is looking for a decent high quality bluetooth speaker for either their computer or mobile devices.

For more information: http://www.inateck.com/inateck-btsp-10-bluetooth-speaker/

iX4UtGfUPBrJ4.JPG

iAWa7yAqtxBLy.JPG