Quote to fix my 6T (Get ready to laugh)

Search This thread

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
So my 6T quit reading sim cards, after about 20 times trying to reboot and install the sim and switch slots etc, the tray broke and the sim fell into the phone. I WAS able to dig it out and put the SIM back into her G6 (my girlfriend liked my 7 pro and was gonna use my 6t I had as spare)

I gave up after factory resetting, flashing the ROM etc. and decided to send it in. I had a feeling they MIGHT try to hit me for a new motherboard because I used a pick to get the SIM card out (I had no choice, she needs the phone for work) and I would have been OK with paying the 150 dollars or whatever. Look at this comprehensive parts list. I'm pretty sure it's a new phone.

Attachments

• QUOTE.jpg
    QUOTE.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 3,297
Reactions: Scott

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
So my 6T quit reading sim cards, after about 20 times trying to reboot and install the sim and switch slots etc, the tray broke and the sim fell into the phone. I WAS able to dig it out and put the SIM back into her G6 (my girlfriend liked my 7 pro and was gonna use my 6t I had as spare)

I gave up after factory resetting, flashing the ROM etc. and decided to send it in. I had a feeling they MIGHT try to hit me for a new motherboard because I used a pick to get the SIM card out (I had no choice, she needs the phone for work) and I would have been OK with paying the 150 dollars or whatever. Look at this comprehensive parts list. I'm pretty sure it's a new phone.

Seems a little high considering you can get certified refurbished for about $400.

I got mine used in pristine condition for $350 (8/128 midnight black).

That is a pretty extensive list they made though.( You even scratched the sapphire camera lens ?)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Causical

Feb 4, 2016
Not sure what the internal Sim card contacts look like but maybe you could watch a tear down video and get your own repair kit. It might be more minor than you realize. "Jerry Rigs Everything" is pretty great.

Reactions: aNGERY

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
here's the device that had to get every last screw replaced because it's "damaged"

lol

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 1,127
  • s-l16001.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 1,117
  • s-l1600aaa.jpg
    s-l1600aaa.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,101
  • s-l16004.jpg
    s-l16004.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 1,109

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ

I see they neglected to charge you for replacing the pick and the sim card.

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
let me know if you guys want me to keep you posted on what transpires for future cases.

got a call today, he heard i was unhappy, and asked what he can do to make it better. asked him to sell me another motherboard and i'd be very happy. waiting for a call back.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
So I really can't reveal how much, but they're offering me a refurbished 6T at a very, very steep discount.

Lol u think they come on here and look at users price quotes? I'm sure anyone can get one for the same price they're offering u. The 7 is out their just dropping what they can because they'll have a large influx of refurbished 6ts. It should cost 20-$30 to get your slot fixed contact a real cell phone technician or do it yourself it's not rocket science

techlogik

Aug 23, 2006
This is very interesting and providers great insight to those tear down videos. They could use this to help determine the real cost somewhat to build the phone.

Motherboard, camera, glass...expected to be expensive due to complexity of manufacturing and technology...the .05 cent screen protector...haha.

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
Very informative post junior member, thanks for your valuable input into the topic at hand.

Back on topic, I'm glad you got yourself a refurbished device at a good price. The original quote in the OP was ridiculous.

they won't email me back about how to send payment, so yeah this is less than great.

and i don't think he was being a **** as much as "hey, i'm not laughing, i'm crying"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    let me know if you guys want me to keep you posted on what transpires for future cases.

got a call today, he heard i was unhappy, and asked what he can do to make it better. asked him to sell me another motherboard and i'd be very happy. waiting for a call back.

I would get it fixed. Much better deal than buying a new one :silly:
    Not sure what the internal Sim card contacts look like but maybe you could watch a tear down video and get your own repair kit. It might be more minor than you realize. "Jerry Rigs Everything" is pretty great.
    I see they neglected to charge you for replacing the pick and the sim card.

they're very nice!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone