[R][arm64-aonly/ab/vndk lite][August] Descendant11.5I - android ver. 11r40

Search This thread

Dil3mm4

Mar 22, 2018
tg_post11.5.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Same as any ROM.
Do the necessary wipes and flash the ROM.
No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.

If you're having problem with SafetyNet, please, install Magisk along the following modules:
SafetyPatcher, Magisk Hide Props or similar modules.
But please, mind, we won't support any issue arising from Magisk nor relative modules.

Features.png

Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
Google Apps are included along Kiwi Browser and Metro.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 11.0.0_r40
Security patch level: August

XDA:DevDB Information
Descendant XI, ROM for Treble Targets

Version Information
Stable

Last edited:

Dil3mm4

Mar 22, 2018
GSI targets have been updated to latest sources.

GSI devices changelog:

Solved a problem with onclite and moto g8 series that was preventing the correct display of QS.
Solved a problem that generated an erroneus display of "Debug Console" persistent notification.

Downloads at http://downloads.descendant.me/

Reactions: hacker812c
D

Deleted member 10638705

Descendant used to be degoogled Before android 10
The main reason for which people install custom Rom/GSI is to have an OS free from bloatware/Google's rootkit....so I'll never understand the choice to build a GSI with Google's app included by default. Said this, Descendant is a very great piece of work, so thanks to developers

D

Deleted member 10638705

I tried a degoogled gsi once with only FOSS apps. It was hellish... None of the apps allowed me to bind my google account to restore some apps. Do i have to start my life over fresh just to get out if Google's grasp?
Degoogling is something you can't do in a single shot. For every Google's apps/services you need to find a proper alternative. Foss it's better obviously, but the point here it's not about open source vs proprietary software....it's about privacy, it's about to have respect of our freedom. We have to choice between convenience (Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc., being a product for this advertising companies) and freedom (supporting developers and programmers who produce innovation without spying and selling users data). The hell is to be addicted to Google and Facebook craps...but I think this is clearly off topic now. PS: Mate, this is just for talk, obviously I respect your point of view

xabierd

Jul 17, 2008
Google Pixel 6
Degoogling is something you can't do in a single shot. For every Google's apps/services you need to find a proper alternative. Foss it's better obviously, but the point here it's not about open source vs proprietary software....it's about privacy, it's about to have respect of our freedom. We have to choice between convenience (Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc., being a product fr this advertising companies) and freedom (supporting developers and programmers who produce innovation without spying and selling users data). The hell is to be addicted to Google and Facebook craps...but I think this is clearly off topic now. PS: Mate, this is just for talk, obviously I respect your point of view
Thats how I run android on all my devices, some devices with microg and some others without. Gsi runa fine without google. Try to use browser or fdroid apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tg_post11.5.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
    over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Same as any ROM.
    Do the necessary wipes and flash the ROM.
    No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.

If you're having problem with SafetyNet, please, install Magisk along the following modules:
    SafetyPatcher, Magisk Hide Props or similar modules.
    But please, mind, we won't support any issue arising from Magisk nor relative modules.

Features.png

Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
    So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
    Google Apps are included along Kiwi Browser and Metro.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
    Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
    Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 11.0.0_r40
    Security patch level: August

XDA:DevDB Information
    Descendant XI, ROM for Treble Targets

Version Information
    Stable
    descendant_gsi_arm64aonly-XI-Official.zip can't booting,Loop to BL.
    descendant_gsi_arm64ab-XI-Official.zip Unlimited reboot.
    D
    Deleted member 10638705
    I tried a degoogled gsi once with only FOSS apps. It was hellish... None of the apps allowed me to bind my google account to restore some apps. Do i have to start my life over fresh just to get out if Google's grasp?
    Degoogling is something you can't do in a single shot. For every Google's apps/services you need to find a proper alternative. Foss it's better obviously, but the point here it's not about open source vs proprietary software....it's about privacy, it's about to have respect of our freedom. We have to choice between convenience (Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc., being a product for this advertising companies) and freedom (supporting developers and programmers who produce innovation without spying and selling users data). The hell is to be addicted to Google and Facebook craps...but I think this is clearly off topic now. PS: Mate, this is just for talk, obviously I respect your point of view
    D
    Deleted member 10638705
    The main reason for which people install custom Rom/GSI is to have an OS free from bloatware/Google's rootkit....so I'll never understand the choice to build a GSI with Google's app included by default. Said this, Descendant is a very great piece of work, so thanks to developers
    D
    Deleted member 10638705
    It would be amazing to have a degoogled version of this gsi