[R&D] [910F] porting CM12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
It would be nice for Santa to bring us a nice cm12 build for our device. Even nicer if it's a little early. Anyway great job guys.

@gekkehenkie11 : can you help planet x to make sound work for call. his last build is very good and speed.

if you are a possibility to add video 4k and sound. that's it beautiful
That would be great. My build host is ready to rock :D.

I have found the solution. The problem is the mixer_paths. xml in the /etc directory. If I replace that file with the one from @Preapers build sound in call is working. Even the volume rockers are working the right way now. So make a backup from that file and replace it and set permissions. Reboot. I will check later how to have the right values in the zip from building.
Here the link again : http://www.filedropper.com/cm-12-20150107-unofficial-trltexx

Last edited:

gekkehenkie11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
@gekkehenkie11 : can you help planet x to make sound work for call. his last build is very good and speed.

if you are a possibility to add video 4k and sound. that's it beautiful

Not sure what 's up with sound, I have no problems but then, I'm still using an old build. I will build the whole thing soon for myself and see.

Anyway, I just fixed UHD video recording for stock cam ! Here it is, flashable zip: https://mega.co.nz/#!DFhXjBxY!JxrwY9rtymyDEvg6RLxrlRYmcu0U2uv7O4skF5TFW7I

You should get UHD recording after that in stock cam. Wow this has been a huge project, countless hours, in the end tables in the HAL needed to be patched, camera code needed patching, the wrapper needed to be patched for YUV settings and then the XML setting to enable the settings in the cam (thanks @fattire for that !). Works on my end but nobody else tested it, so let me know please !

B

bnghty

Not sure what 's up with sound, I have no problems but then, I'm still using an old build. I will build the whole thing soon for myself and see.

Anyway, I just fixed UHD video recording for stock cam ! Here it is, flashable zip: https://mega.co.nz/#!DFhXjBxY!JxrwY9rtymyDEvg6RLxrlRYmcu0U2uv7O4skF5TFW7I

You should get UHD recording after that in stock cam. Wow this has been a huge project, countless hours, in the end tables in the HAL needed to be patched, camera code needed patching, the wrapper needed to be patched for YUV settings and then the XML setting to enable the settings in the cam (thanks @fattire for that !). Works on my end but nobody else tested it, so let me know please !

I don't want to say this and be a dic* ,but I do want to raise the question as to why this was necessary(not at all, but just why right now). basically filming in 4K doesn't makes a difference as no one right now(..maybe 0.01%? of note 4 owners) have a 4k supported TV. and from the few articles I've read I learned that watching 4k contect on the note 4 small screen/un-supported TV mean that your eyes can't even tell the difference between that and 1080p. so basically what I'm saying is first of all great job for the amazing work, but shouldn't the limited hours you have be spent on improving other stuff that are used more frequently? again, just raising a point, not trying to make an argument.

gekkehenkie11

Dec 9, 2010
I don't want to say this and be a dic* ,but I do want to raise the question as to why this was necessary(not at all, but just why right now). basically filming in 4K doesn't makes a difference a .no one(..maybe 0.01%? of note 4 owners) have a 4k supported TV. and from the few articles I've read I learned that watching 4k contect on the note 4 small screen/un-supported TV mean that your eyes can't even tell the difference between that and 1080p. so basically what I'm saying is first of all great job for the amazing work, but shouldn't the limited hours you have be spent on improving other stuff that are used more frequently? again, just raising a point, not trying to make an argument.

Simple fact of life is that you can't make everybody happy. Our goal has been to first get you guys all the features that stock ROM has. This was the last thing that was lacking I think (well I think NFC payment doesnt work but I dont even use that at all, so I can't do that for you guys). Apart from that, yeah it sounds quite disrespectful, after all the hours we've put in to come up with such a reply. Makes me wonder why I'm even doing it, nobody pays me anyway ...

Reactions: Er. Aditya
B

bnghty

Simple fact of life is that you can't make everybody happy. Our goal has been to first get you guys all the features that stock ROM has. This was the last thing that was lacking I think (well I think NFC payment doesnt work but I dont even use that at all, so I can't do that for you guys). Apart from that, yeah it sounds quite disrespectful, after all the hours we've put in to come up with such a reply. Makes me wonder why I'm even doing it, nobody pays me anyway ...

you actually need to think about what I said the other way around..*because* I think you are doing great work here and *because* I know you have limited time to help with this project(CM on 910F) I wanted to raise the question for prioritizing things that are getting fixed. Trust me when I'm saying that this was not criticism, but raising a point to improve the time spent on fixing things.
EDIT: btw what you said about NFC is excatly my point which I think you agreed on- nobody really uses NFC. so if its that(or 4K which can't actually be used without proper equipment) or fixing themal issues shouldn't thermal get prioritized when you guys(the devs) have limited time?

Last edited:

gekkehenkie11

Dec 9, 2010
you actually need to think about what I said the other way around..*because* I think you are doing great work here and *because* I know you have limited time to help with this project(CM on 910F) I wanted to raise the question for prioritizing things that are getting fixed. Trust me when I'm saying that this was not criticism, but raising a point to improve the time spent on fixing things.
EDIT: btw what you said about NFC is excatly my point which I think you agreed on- nobody really uses NFC. so if its that(or 4K which can't actually be used without proper equipment) or fixing themal issues shouldn't thermal get prioritized when you guys(the devs) have limited time?

I dont even have thermal issue's man. We'll develop this ROM how we see fit. If you want other priorities, dig up a coding book and start doing stuff yourself. Sorry but your post kinds pisses me off. We're all hobbyists here, all putting in our spare time (really this project in the last month got pretty much all of my spare time, much more spare time then my girl friend got, also need to make that up), nobody pays us. So, let everybody do their thing please and respect what they do.

Reactions: Er. Aditya

jazzypit

Apr 14, 2008
lyon
That would be great. My build host is ready to rock :D.

I have found the solution. The problem is the mixer_paths. xml in the /etc directory. If I replace that file with the one from @Preapers build sound in call is working. Even the volume rockers are working the right way now. So make a backup from that file and replace it and set permissions. Reboot. I will check later how to have the right values in the zip from building.
Here the link again : http://www.filedropper.com/cm-12-20150107-unofficial-trltexx
Please share the mixer path files. The link that you post is with the Correct files ? Thanks for answer

B

bnghty

I dont even have thermal issue's man. We'll develop this ROM how we see fit. If you want other priorities, dig up a coding book and start doing stuff yourself. Sorry but your post kinds pisses me off. We're all hobbyists here, all putting in our spare time (really this project got more of my spare time then my girl friend got, also need to make that up), nobody pays us. So, let everybody do their thing please and respect what they do.

unfortunately I feel like you took what I said in the wrong way. but this was my personal opinion so I'll keep it to myself from now on.
Off topic but I wish I could code, (I'm currently studying computer science in the university, first year) and see myself doing these kind of things soon. but in general as devs here help with roms for example I think that non-devs users can assist with raising issues, and opinions. anyways thats my 2cent

gekkehenkie11

Dec 9, 2010
unfortunately I feel like you took what I said in the wrong way. but this was my personal opinion so I'll keep it to myself from now on.
Off topic but I wish I could code, (I'm currently studying computer science in the university, first year) and see myself doing these kind of things soon. but in general as devs here help with roms for example I think that non-devs users can assist with raising issues, and opinions. anyways thats my 2cent

It's just that when you've put a lot of time into something and it finally works you expect another reaction like "ah nice and all but I dont care, get me something else". Anyway, our goal has been to get all features up first, now that's happened, we'll all start improving current stuff. This was still an Alpha rom, I think we can start calling it a beta ROM from now on...

fattire

Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Boo hoo. Tal123 isn't happy

I don't want to say this and be a dic* ,but I do want to raise the question as to why this was necessary(not at all, but just why right now).

Hilarious... we've worked for a week every day to get this working :) The solution involved hex editing a binary blob, the configuration file, modifying the camera code, AND the wrapper for the HAL, and that's your response?!!!?!!!

Why, I even made this awesome graphic and STILL you are unsatisfied?!!!

Wait a sec. tal123- that name's familiar. You're not the nitwit who actually attacked some samsung gossip web site for NOT leaking touchwiz lollipop and compromising their sources.... Oh wait you are:

Again, if you are indeed the admin of Sammobile, then you should consider the fact that you got most of your monthly views from other sites/forums directing everyone to your site as it always had the lastest and leaked Firmware to download.
I for one won't be going there again as I just don't need another source for smarthphone news.

57880206.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
B

bnghty

Hilarious... we've worked for a week every day to get this working :) The solution involved hex editing a binary blob, modifying the camera code, AND the wrapper for the HAL, and that's your response?!!!?!!!

believe me I knew this kind post was going to come as a response when I wrote my comment. But I wrote it still in hope that you won't get offended. As I see that didn't happen, i'll explain and say that you do need to realize that instead of taking what was said as trolling, you can take it in another way. what I said was indeed true . saying good work and thanks for features you guys are coding doesn't mean that we can't raise opinions and points to improve as well. lastly, even if you don't agree with something someone says, you out of all (as an experienced user) should know that with forums with over 4million users different opinions will follow. so theres nothing to be offended about.

Last edited:

slayher

Mar 27, 2010
It's just that when you've put a lot of time into something and it finally works you expect another reaction like "ah nice and all but I dont care, get me something else". Anyway, our goal has been to get all features up first, now that's happened, we'll all start improving current stuff. This was still an Alpha rom, I think we can start calling it a beta ROM from now on...

I think the other thing that is lost here, is that there are multiple other people, (Myself, @fattire at least) who are working on other things, just not in this post.
Lessaj tracked down the reversed volume in calls issue
I setup sepolicy, audio fixes, gps, etc
@fattire worked on LEDs, configs, HW adjustments, etc.

And this is just a small portion of the work that has happened.

If @gekkehenkie11 was the *ONLY* one doing any work, and more major subsystems like audio or graphics was broken I might agree with you.
But thats not the case.

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Great work on finding the picture of him, I'm impressed. [emoji106]

And well done on getting the camera fixed, ROM is getting there :)

Reactions: fattire

gekkehenkie11

Dec 9, 2010
I think the other thing that is lost here, is that there are multiple other people, (Myself, @fattire at least) who are working on other things, just not in this post.
Lessaj tracked down the reversed volume in calls issue
I setup sepolicy, audio fixes, gps, etc
@fattire worked on LEDs, configs, HW adjustments, etc.

And this is just a small portion of the work that has happened.

If @gekkehenkie11 was the *ONLY* one doing any work, and more major subsystems like audio or graphics was broken I might agree with you.
But thats not the case.

Yeah I invested a lot of time already but it's nothing compared to what you and @fattire did. I think you guys have been working around the clock every single day since the Note 4 got out. Big, huge props, respect and thanks for that ! We'd probably wouldnt even have gotten past the boot anim if it you guys hadnt been doing this, let alone be where we are now !!

Last edited:

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
Please share the mixer path files. The link that you post is with the Correct files ? Thanks for answer
No that is still the build of yesterday. But I already built a new one but I need to test it first before I will post it again. But I have attached the right file.
I will now start with testing the new build.
Thank you so much @gekkehenkie and @fattire and @Preaper and @slayher for everything you did for us until now.

Attachments

• mixer_paths.xml.zip
    6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Mattycee

Thank you very much! It worked beautifully! I really appreciate all the work you guys are putting in and cannot wait until to see where this rom goes, its already super smooth and I know one day it will have all the features and battery life of Touchwiz without all the bloat!

Top work all involved!

utopiate

Feb 21, 2011
OnePlus 5T
Xiaomi Poco F3

as you know gekkehenkie11 I grabbed the initial build moments after you uploaded it and have been using CM12 since. I say this to qualify my opinion a little. This is most definitely worthy of 'beta' status'. Over the years ive installed many many different roms. A lot of these were 'stable' finished public releases and a lot of those were far less stable and feature full as these CM12 builds you guys are putting out. Rest assured the gratitude does exist in the community so try not let one negative post ruin it for you ;)

e2a: I can confirm UHD working with gekkehenkie11 , fattire and slayher's recent fix, nice one ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *EDIT* This thread is now based upon the work by @fattire and @slayher, who got it up on the 910T. For that phone see this thread: http://xdaforums.com/note-4-tmobile/development/unoffcial-cm-12-0-t-mobile-note-4-t2964887

This thread is for dev's interested to help out porting CM12 to our device. I've researched for info regarding CM ports and good information is actually quit scarce. A dev might post something like 'hmm stuck at boot anim' and then the next day 'got it, booting now !' without explaining what he did to solve it. I want to change that, so this thread can serve as a guide for other first time porters too (this is also my first porting project), documenting every step as in much detail as possible.

For ROMS: http://xdaforums.com/note-4/snapdragon-dev/unofficial-cm-12-0-910f-note-4-trltexx-t2987412

Please use this thread for R&D/development ONLY !!!
    Package Complete: /home/gkh/android/system/out/target/product/trltetmo/cm-12-20141209-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip

:D
    Ok, I'm on lollipop 5.0.2 now and RIL, call audio etc all works :) Key was indeed to use 910F blobs AND make sure you use the two audio config files + mixerpath files from that same firmware you pulled the blobs from (they're firmware dependent). I don't have a nice zip for you guys though, I think Preaper will make that tomorrow, if not, I will do it. But just wanted to give you guys heads-up that 5.0.2 is coming tomorrow for 910F ;)
    I'm at work right now but i will try to get you the info you need. For starters CM doesnt offically support any 805 devices yet. I have worked with the main group to get some of the foundation laid for it. If you look at the android_hardware_qcom_{audio,display,media} repos you will see there are new branches for different platforms. Cm-12.0-caf-8084 is the branch you want. There are also a couple patches on gerrit for media.
    You do need to set the platform to be apq8084 though. My kernel source is public already.
    Take a look at that and those branches.
    Yihaaaa I'm in ! :) CM12 homescreen :D