[R&D] [910F] porting CM12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Preaper

Oct 11, 2006
Den Bosch
@fattire - Could you show me how you fixed the blank banking apps problem? I can't find any commit that relates to it.
In the N901T build changelog it is listed that build 2014-12-20 fixes the issue.

Preaper

Oct 11, 2006
Den Bosch
New build:
https://mega.co.nz/#!z5MyBJwY!2w29ioFtJEVuCjE-DpMxHXbxIpxNbI5UKlD1PlsXJkE

Now with a working vibrator and perhaps a better RIL :)

Merry Christmas!!! :laugh:

Made possible by Slayher, Fattire and Gekkehenkie11, and you!

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Slayher his proprietary repo has merged my pull request. So we can use his from now on. Plus I added some dash player stuff.

Use this roomservice.xml to build your own flavor:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="jaapp/android_kernel_samsung_trltexx" path="kernel/samsung/trlte" remote="github" />
  <project name="jaapp/android_device_samsung_trlte-common" path="device/samsung/trlte-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="slayher/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" />
  <project name="jaapp/android_device_samsung_trltexx" path="device/samsung/trltexx" remote="github" />
  <project name="jaapp/android_hardware_qcom_mhi" path="hardware/qcom/mhi" remote="github" />
  <project name="Slayher/android_device_samsung_trltetmo" path="device/samsung/trltetmo" remote="github" />
  <project name="Slayher/android_device_samsung_trltespr" path="device/samsung/trltespr" remote="github" />
  <project name="Slayher/android_external_mm-dash" path="external/mm-dash" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display" path="hardware/qcom/display-caf/apq8084" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0-caf-8084" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_audio" path="hardware/qcom/audio-caf/apq8084" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0-caf-8084" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_media" path="hardware/qcom/media-caf/apq8084" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0-caf-8084" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" />
</manifest>

Last edited:

pbedard

Jul 30, 2010
boston
I have no idea dude :D

Try it out and let me know if your phone starts smoking.

It's definitely not exynos compatible.[/QUOTE

I have sprint ?

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Oh well no dice ill wait for spleefs build updater script failure

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Premium HD app

hurstov

Nov 1, 2010
I installed the latest build from about an hour ago I've had 3 random reboots:(

Kept rebooting and got hot! Had to roll back to previous build. Sorry not got a logcat cos I'm rubbish at adb.

Last edited:

Beukhof1

Sep 5, 2007
Uden
www.42c.nl
I have been dirty flashing since the first build. And every think is working really good.

Again guys: any chance you will create a ROM tread? It would be easy so view new versions and a changlog.

Last edited:

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
The latest build has a new feature. It doubles as a pocket warmer :D

Perfect for the Winter Time :D

Sent from my SM-N910F

Its only cooking when it's on charge. Its all good when on battery.

Again hot or problem resolve in this case?

Download a kernel tweaker that has thermal driver and phone will not get as hot when charging or when not in use

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
This is device control from the playstore it works great and has a thermal driver that stops phone from roasting at all

Attachments

• 1419461087921.jpg
    1419461087921.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 451
Reactions: Preaper

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
That seems like a nice temporary solution. Will give it a try.

Yes its a temp fix till i can figure out where the thermal driver is in the kernel to fix it so it reads right

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Yes its a temp fix till i can figure out where the thermal driver is in the kernel to fix it so it reads right

Or until i can figure out how to add it to kernel if its not there

hurstov

Nov 1, 2010
It doesn't seem to work. Minimum CPU speed won't stick and thermal tweak doesn't stay turned on. Seems a nice app though! Just charge your phone in stages. Unplug it when it gets hot. Don't charge it overnight. The battery life seems good. I can certainly cope with it in the short term.
Santa will be here soon, so merry Xmas everyone:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *EDIT* This thread is now based upon the work by @fattire and @slayher, who got it up on the 910T. For that phone see this thread: http://xdaforums.com/note-4-tmobile/development/unoffcial-cm-12-0-t-mobile-note-4-t2964887

This thread is for dev's interested to help out porting CM12 to our device. I've researched for info regarding CM ports and good information is actually quit scarce. A dev might post something like 'hmm stuck at boot anim' and then the next day 'got it, booting now !' without explaining what he did to solve it. I want to change that, so this thread can serve as a guide for other first time porters too (this is also my first porting project), documenting every step as in much detail as possible.

For ROMS: http://xdaforums.com/note-4/snapdragon-dev/unofficial-cm-12-0-910f-note-4-trltexx-t2987412

Please use this thread for R&D/development ONLY !!!
    Package Complete: /home/gkh/android/system/out/target/product/trltetmo/cm-12-20141209-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip

:D
    Ok, I'm on lollipop 5.0.2 now and RIL, call audio etc all works :) Key was indeed to use 910F blobs AND make sure you use the two audio config files + mixerpath files from that same firmware you pulled the blobs from (they're firmware dependent). I don't have a nice zip for you guys though, I think Preaper will make that tomorrow, if not, I will do it. But just wanted to give you guys heads-up that 5.0.2 is coming tomorrow for 910F ;)
    I'm at work right now but i will try to get you the info you need. For starters CM doesnt offically support any 805 devices yet. I have worked with the main group to get some of the foundation laid for it. If you look at the android_hardware_qcom_{audio,display,media} repos you will see there are new branches for different platforms. Cm-12.0-caf-8084 is the branch you want. There are also a couple patches on gerrit for media.
    You do need to set the platform to be apq8084 though. My kernel source is public already.
    Take a look at that and those branches.
    Yihaaaa I'm in ! :) CM12 homescreen :D