Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
It doesn't seem to work. Minimum CPU speed won't stick and thermal tweak doesn't stay turned on. Seems a nice app though! Just charge your phone in stages. Unplug it when it gets hot. Don't charge it overnight. The battery life seems good. I can certainly cope with it in the short term.
Santa will be here soon, so merry Xmas everyone:)

The app works perfectly fine ive tested it on both cm12 and liquidsmooth rom i made under settings there is an option to enable it from everyboot

pbedard

Jul 30, 2010
boston
Can u guys try to help fix the persistant ringing in sprint ?? Thats the only issue keeping it from beeing a daily.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Premium HD app

Li-Pol

May 15, 2013
Rishon LeZion
Charging/low battery/full battery LED is not working for me. And can't setup alarm. But overall I'm very happy to have working CM12! Thank you guys!

Cpt.Curry

Apr 24, 2010
Repears new build is awesome, everything is flawless, did a dirty flash and I love it. Only thing is the phone is am oven when I'm charging it

Preaper

Oct 11, 2006
Den Bosch
It doesn't seem to work. Minimum CPU speed won't stick and thermal tweak doesn't stay turned on. Seems a nice app though! Just charge your phone in stages. Unplug it when it gets hot. Don't charge it overnight. The battery life seems good. I can certainly cope with it in the short term.
Santa will be here soon, so merry Xmas everyone:)

There is really no reason to fear overheating due to charging. I leave mine plugged in all night, it doesn't break a sweat.

It's high CPU usage during screen on time that is heating the device.

edit:
The device can get warm when fast charging, but this is normal behaviour. Stock does this as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: jef_00

Beukhof1

Sep 5, 2007
Uden
www.42c.nl
There is really no reason to fear overheating due to charging. I leave mine plugged in all night, it doesn't break a sweat.

edit:
The device can get warm when fast charging, but this is normal behaviour. Stock does this as well.

Mine only over heats when im using the fast charger. When using a "normal" usb wall charger it just stays cool.

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2

edit:

Found a fix for over heating Preaper there already lines missing thermal in DTS/qcomapq8084.dtsi

Preaper

Oct 11, 2006
Den Bosch
Found a fix for over heating Preaper there already lines missing thermal in DTS/qcomapq8084.dtsi

Really eager to hear about it!

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Juat to clarify....is there a known issue of banking apps, in my case the chase app, having a black/blank screen?

yes, that is a known issue. Fattire / slayher fixed it already. Next time I see them online on IRC i'll try to find out how they did it :)

Reactions: kman79

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
This is what stock sits at with thermal enabled

Attachments

• 1419514825976.jpg
    1419514825976.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 626
Reactions: Preaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *EDIT* This thread is now based upon the work by @fattire and @slayher, who got it up on the 910T. For that phone see this thread: http://xdaforums.com/note-4-tmobile/development/unoffcial-cm-12-0-t-mobile-note-4-t2964887

This thread is for dev's interested to help out porting CM12 to our device. I've researched for info regarding CM ports and good information is actually quit scarce. A dev might post something like 'hmm stuck at boot anim' and then the next day 'got it, booting now !' without explaining what he did to solve it. I want to change that, so this thread can serve as a guide for other first time porters too (this is also my first porting project), documenting every step as in much detail as possible.

For ROMS: http://xdaforums.com/note-4/snapdragon-dev/unofficial-cm-12-0-910f-note-4-trltexx-t2987412

Please use this thread for R&D/development ONLY !!!
    Package Complete: /home/gkh/android/system/out/target/product/trltetmo/cm-12-20141209-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip

:D
    Ok, I'm on lollipop 5.0.2 now and RIL, call audio etc all works :) Key was indeed to use 910F blobs AND make sure you use the two audio config files + mixerpath files from that same firmware you pulled the blobs from (they're firmware dependent). I don't have a nice zip for you guys though, I think Preaper will make that tomorrow, if not, I will do it. But just wanted to give you guys heads-up that 5.0.2 is coming tomorrow for 910F ;)
    I'm at work right now but i will try to get you the info you need. For starters CM doesnt offically support any 805 devices yet. I have worked with the main group to get some of the foundation laid for it. If you look at the android_hardware_qcom_{audio,display,media} repos you will see there are new branches for different platforms. Cm-12.0-caf-8084 is the branch you want. There are also a couple patches on gerrit for media.
    You do need to set the platform to be apq8084 though. My kernel source is public already.
    Take a look at that and those branches.
    Yihaaaa I'm in ! :) CM12 homescreen :D