R.I.P. cyanogenmod development

Search This thread

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
I didn't know the mini hasn't got a cyanogem mod yet! Working on these two has to be difficult. Your work is even more appreciated!

BTW, I saw the same System on Chip is used on the Jolla phone. I know their project should be opensource.
Does that is of any help?

Technically it hasn't. And yeap I know :) a friend of mine is getting one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
It's really not that amazing. I prefer the first over this

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

see. i had a choice for my budget, a first or a one x. The one x is abit old now and my friend has an s3 and after exactly 1 year, it lags and slows down, like it just started to die on him, so since the one x and s3 are similar in class, plus the one x with its sense 5 wouldnt have enough ram to run smoothly, and not good enough battery and not good enough gpu and not good enough screen resolution, i went with the first. literaly a week later my dad was like "should have asked me i would have loaned you some cash for that nexus"... im like "its expensive" ... my dad is like "so what its a good device worth the money" so im like aaaaw darn it.

oh well i love the first, the screen is just so crisp and feels new every time i use it and its something about it that is beautiful. i think its simplicity

Edit
BTW can anyone see if they know whats wrong here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2601401
cause im stuck after working on nav buttons and so far...cant figure it out

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
see. i had a choice for my budget, a first or a one x. The one x is abit old now and my friend has an s3 and after exactly 1 year, it lags and slows down, like it just started to die on him, so since the one x and s3 are similar in class, plus the one x with its sense 5 wouldnt have enough ram to run smoothly, and not good enough battery and not good enough gpu and not good enough screen resolution, i went with the first. literaly a week later my dad was like "should have asked me i would have loaned you some cash for that nexus"... im like "its expensive" ... my dad is like "so what its a good device worth the money" so im like aaaaw darn it.

oh well i love the first, the screen is just so crisp and feels new every time i use it and its something about it that is beautiful. i think its simplicity

Actually the s3 is much closer to the nexus 4 in terms of performance, it has the same SoC, the snapdragon S4 Pro btw, I'm pretty sure a S3 on a stock ROM wouldn't have any slowdowns, especially with that SoC, it must have been a eMMC problem causing slowdowns sorta like the first Nexus 7

Sent from my HTC first

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
Actually the s3 is much closer to the nexus 4 in terms of performance, it has the same SoC, the snapdragon S4 Pro btw, I'm pretty sure a S3 on a stock ROM wouldn't have any slowdowns, especially with that SoC, it must have been a eMMC problem causing slowdowns sorta like the first Nexus 7

Sent from my HTC first

well im talking about heavy usage, dropped multiple times, updated to 4.3 etc

bormasina

May 11, 2011

Sent from my HTC first
Actually the s3 (assuming you talk about sgs3) sold in USA uses the same SoC as HTC One X sold in USA (and HTC One XL everywhere) which is Snapdragon S4 (dualcore, not the PRO which is quadcore). Nexus 4 uses Snapdragon 4 PRO which as i've said is quadcore.

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
So I wanted to send some photos from my iPod to to my Google drive while on the go, then I realized hotspots just don't work at all on stock rom, just helps build the anticipation for this CM rom :rolleyes:

I can't wait to try it, even in an alpha buggy form

Sent from my HTC first

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
So I wanted to send some photos from my iPod to to my Google drive while on the go, then I realized hotspots just don't work at all on stock rom, just helps build the anticipation for this CM rom :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC first

Same. I just want the number Lol personally I like jelly bean

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Shemlon

Jan 16, 2013

Sent from my HTC first

This echoes my experience. Back when I had a Galaxy S2, on the go hotspots saved my schoolwork in a pinch a couple of times. It's been mildly annoying to have lost this functionality.

I'm stoked, and I'm super grateful to Lloir for taking on this project.

Hulo_

Oct 15, 2008
Moscow

Sent from my HTC first
Hotspot works fine on stock firmware, you just need to make some changes (as stated here).

Also if you edit build.prop (ro.bt.tetheringUI=1) then bluetooth tethering will work too.

For example my edited telephony.db for russian operators (megafon, beeline, mts).

Attachments

• HotspotEnabler.zip
    262.7 KB · Views: 13

abrahammmmmmm_

Oct 19, 2013
Salem
Hotspot works fine on stock firmware, you just need to make some changes (as stated here).

Also if you edit build.prop (ro.bt.tetheringUI=1) then bluetooth tethering will work too.

For example my edited telephony.db for russian operators (megafon, beeline, mts).

Soooooooo will this work with T-Mobile? I remember jmz's mod only worked with the at&t network

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
My attached file - no, because it doesn't have necessary values.

But if you edit telephony.db correctly (mcc and mnc of t-mobile for "entitlement" apn) then hotspot function will work.

make a seperate thread about this, and write up some instructions cause this could be very useful. and u might get a few extra thank you's lol

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI

i can confirm this worked perfect on Simple Mobile, which runs off of T-Mobile, so that should work aswell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like the ROM is far from dead ;)
    uqy4eda7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    right now i'm doing CM10.1 then i'll move onto 10.2 once 10.1 is stable enough and so on
    thread cleaned up a little. Lets try and all get along. Just cause you are abrupt in real life doesn't mean you need to be on here and should think about that when others see your titles and look up to people like you. On the flip side there is no reason to call someone out and troll them either. Next time I see this attitude towards each other then more drastic measures can be made. I hope it doesn't come to that.
    im sure he will come back....at some point. not saying hes requred to do XXXX.

you know, putting people down, is a really bad way to get stuff done on an obsolete device
    ANYWAYSSSSS, good luck Lloir, ill be looking forward to see your work, thanks again for working on this phone
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone