• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question R/W access to Boot animation or just system in general

Search This thread

Jr.17

Aug 25, 2021
Okkkkaaayyyyy so story time
I have been Racking My Brain and Maybe I'm Just Not thinking outside the Black-Box.
So I hate My Boot animation+logo I have The Motorola G Power (2021) Borneo.
I have already rooted device through Magisk and Have successfully rooted. So I have Root Access super simple (if I didn't already mention that)
Been doing my regular tweaks on build.prop and have been going nuts cause I want to change my Bootanimation + splash due to the Horrid Warning that pops on to remind me I am an awful person and my life is a lie.
Sooo anywho as we know the ext4 filesystem pisses Jr. Off Hardcore, feel like I bought the phone it's mine. And as far as the Advertisement bullshit I am Not going to Go to some Random Asshole and Say "Hey dude!!!! You seen this ****????, This here my Friend is a Full Blown Bundle Of Badass you see this Moto Boot here? Freaking Mint Bro!!!!"
So I have successfully gotten rid of most the Suck but the rest I wanna change Is Locked For a Bad Boy Like Me, iv tried Remount I've tried, manually changing permissions even offered a quicky but Nada.
So I am curious in build.prop I have
Dev.mnt.blk.vendor
Which is the **** ass dm-0 the dreaded POS that is All evil.
So is there a way I can change my permission s for these awful Dirty Good For Nothing Commies? Or am i stuck in Limbo Offering My Phone A Good **** to just let me in?
Anyway thanks for the looks-loo below is the screenshot I've what I see

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917-143200.png
    Screenshot_20210917-143200.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 11

Jr.17

Aug 25, 2021
I have no clue what you're saying up there but. I have r/W access via adb shell. Try using that or you can boot in to twrp and get full access.maybe try root explorer as it also let's me see the system files where as es did not even with root
I have tried adb to mount / no custom Recovery for my Phone That I Know Of and I use Root explorers several different ones I've tried and I do have read access to all files, just not read write privs

NinjaPerv

Jul 24, 2013
Las Vegas
Moto G Power (2021)
I have no clue what you're saying up there but. I have r/W access via adb shell. Try using that or you can boot in to twrp and get full access.maybe try root explorer as it also let's me see the system files where as es did not even with root.

Like Mr Nerd, I too struggled to make sense of your post. To change your boot animation use this. It will let you change the animations before and after the "bootloader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be verified..." text that briefly pops up on the screen. Getting rid of that warning text will be a bit trickier though. It can probably be done with a hex editor if you know what you're doing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have no clue what you're saying up there but. I have r/W access via adb shell. Try using that or you can boot in to twrp and get full access.maybe try root explorer as it also let's me see the system files where as es did not even with root