• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

wmg316

Dec 30, 2009
Tyler, TX
What were you finding to not be responsive with the Jan 6 ROMs?

I am finding the Jan 6, 29007 Sencity to be virtually perfect.

Haven't had any lags with anything.

Don't get me wrong...29007 was quick...but 28244 is just quicker, IMO. More responsive in menus; more responsive scrolling through home pages/quick links; more responsive pulling up e-mails/messages; more responsive launching programs.

There was not just one thing...it just seems quicker across the board.

mmalka

Jan 30, 2008
On the web
Don't get me wrong...29007 was quick...but 28244 is just quicker, IMO. More responsive in menus; more responsive scrolling through home pages/quick links; more responsive pulling up e-mails/messages; more responsive launching programs.

There was not just one thing...it just seems quicker across the board.

I agree. That is why I keep going back to 28244 of November 12.

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
I agree. That is why I keep going back to 28244 of November 12.

I just checked all my ROM downloads and realized the only 28244 ROM that I have downloaded is the Dec 21 Christmas ROM. But, I never got around to flashing it.

I missed the Nov 12 ROM because I was too busy with work.
And I missed the Dec 20 ROMs because I was either shoveling or snow boarding.

I'm not going to flash a Christmas ROM more than 1 week into January though.

Maybe NRGZ28 will make the next ROM with 28244.

In any case, I am not seeing any performance problems with the Jan 6th 29007 ROMs.

Reactions: mrbarnes

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
I just checked all my ROM downloads and realized the only 28244 ROM that I have downloaded is the Dec 21 Christmas ROM. But, I never got around to flashing it.

I missed the Nov 12 ROM because I was too busy with work.
And I missed the Dec 20 ROMs because I was either shoveling or snow boarding.

I'm not going to flash a Christmas ROM more than 1 week into January though.

Maybe NRGZ28 will make the next ROM with 28244.

In any case, I am not seeing any performance problems with the Jan 6th 29007 ROMs.

You haven't seen fast until you've experienced a 28244 ROM. Here's the Dec 18th one I have mirrored. I can upload another Dec 20th one if you prefer as well. I keep using the Dec 18th one on occasion.

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
I agree that the 28244 is noticably faster.
What's weird! is that on the EnergyRoms homepage, the 29xxx roms havs the most votes.. :s

That's probably because people vote with out actual knowledge.

They think they have knowledge because they are numbers.

Since 29007 is a larger number than 28244 they think that 29007 must be newer.

They don't understand that they are 2 different branches being worked concurrently. Each is the most recent build of each branch. Neither should be considered to be newer than the other.

If a person has no real knowledge on a subject, it is better to not vote. It's why I never vote for judges during elections. I am as likely to vote for a bad judge as a good judge, since I don't have any idea which is which.

--- Off topic, but on voting ---
But worse is when a person had no knowledge. Was encouraged to vote by one group, but probably would not have otherwise. Then, only listened to the group that encouraged them to vote without ever hearing a statement in context from the other group.

At least statistically voters with absolutely no knowledge should on average cancel each other out. In this case voters thought they had knowledge, but really didn't.

Last edited:

georgejirik

Dec 8, 2009
Internet connection timeout

Hi guys,

I have stupid question. How do you setup internet connection timeout in Energy.RHODIUM.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jan.06? I flashed it and now I cant find the settings to setup timeout for x minutes and consequently my phone is connected indefinitely which really drains my battery.

Any help will be appreciate!

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
is it me or in the 29007 ROM, the AUTO UPDATE OF TIME ZONES issue is fixed?

until this ROM i know i had to uncheck the AUTOMATIC CLOCK UPDATE in order to keep the correct hour on the clock...but in this ROM its checked this option and the hour remains the good one, even after more restarts.. :)

and i find wonderfull that option to have a faster START without the animation.
best ROM so far... :) but everytime i say that, the newer one is even better :)

nqnguyen2

Dec 18, 2007
www.google.com
I'm running into this issue for the last few Energy ROMS and thought it was just me. However, if I hold the phone to a bright light it does not do anything. This prevents me from checking my email and managing them while on the phone. If I hit the end key it turns the phone on and ends the call.

Please help...

Surely someone else here has this issue also? I find that when I'm calling and do not put the phone to my ear the screen automatically blanks and I cannot turn it back on except for soft-reset and/or end call.

I've checked phonealarm and S2U2 and both "blank on call" are disabled. Any clues?

What were you finding to not be responsive with the Jan 6 ROMs?

I am finding the Jan 6, 29007 Sencity to be virtually perfect.

Haven't had any lags with anything.

I agree. There are no problems for me. It's very fast.

BigWopHH

Dec 30, 2009
Surely someone else here has this issue also? I find that when I'm calling and do not put the phone to my ear the screen automatically blanks and I cannot turn it back on except for soft-reset and/or end call.

I've checked phonealarm and S2U2 and both "blank on call" are disabled. Any clues?

Are you overclocking your phone? That's a common issue when the phone is being pushed too far.

BigWopHH

Dec 30, 2009
You haven't seen fast until you've experienced a 28244 ROM. Here's the Dec 18th one I have mirrored. I can upload another Dec 20th one if you prefer as well. I keep using the Dec 18th one on occasion.

I'm on the fence. If there is any speed benefit to 28244, it is minor in my experience. But 29007 seems to offer better memory management and stability. I have gone days without having to soft reset with 29007 and everything just seems to "work". I'm liking 29xxx on Rhodium to this point.

fogrocker

Nov 17, 2007
Lost sms

I seem to have lost the ability to respond to SMS...... as soon as I touch the keyboard or a on screen key, the cursor disappeares.
running Energy.RHODIUM.29007.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jan.06.7z

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com

You can always tap the power button on the top to turn the screen back on.

I'm not sure what you epecting to happen when you stick in front of a bright light, or why you are doing that.

To launch an app while on a call, you press the physical back button to takeyou back to sense.

Or, press the physical Start button (right next to the to talk button) to launch the start menu.

But, when using bluetooth, the proximity sensor will still be active and shut your screen off if you get to close to it with your finger.

Joe Bleau

Nov 19, 2010
Costa Rica
www.monteverde.org
Re: 29007 vs. 28244

I agree that the 28244 is noticably faster.
What's weird! is that on the EnergyRoms homepage, the 29xxx roms havs the most votes.. :s
That's probably because people vote with out actual knowledge.

They think they have knowledge because they are numbers.

Since 29007 is a larger number than 28244 they think that 29007 must be newer.

They don't understand that they are 2 different branches being worked concurrently. Each is the most recent build of each branch. Neither should be considered to be newer than the other.

If a person has no real knowledge on a subject... <snip>
Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !
  • A 29007 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ?
    smile.gif

:confused: **********

nqnguyen2

Dec 18, 2007
www.google.com
Are you overclocking your phone? That's a common issue when the phone is being pushed too far.

I wasn't overclocking my phone before the issue was noticed. I just turned off the WimoSpeed overclock, soft-reset, and it's still an issue. I always task29 before every burn also.

You can always tap the power button on the top to turn the screen back on.

I'm not sure what you epecting to happen when you stick in front of a bright light, or why you are doing that.

To launch an app while on a call, you press the physical back button to takeyou back to sense.

Or, press the physical Start button (right next to the to talk button) to launch the start menu.

But, when using bluetooth, the proximity sensor will still be active and shut your screen off if you get to close to it with your finger.

I read from another user that if you press all the buttons that exist on the phone it won't turn on the screen while in a phone call except for holding it to a bright light. I tried pushing every single button on my phone (including the buttons on qwerty keyboard) while in the middle of a call and nothing will turn the screen on except for ending the call or soft-reset. I don't use bluetooth.

I noticed that when I have the phone on the table and answer a call that the screen will still blank even if I don't pick it up. I'm wondering if my proximity/light-sensor is failing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium) device.

This ROM only works on GSM devices, flashing to a CDMA device will make it non-bootable (flash a stock, or CDMA specific ROM, to recover from that).

I do make a CDMA version (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc) and that's found here!

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy
      smile.gif

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ?
      smile.gif
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
    I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

Rom Self Help Hotfix...

BTW, the rom is easily fixed with the addition of TWO missed dll's & one MUI.
    HTCSensorService.dll
    HTCSensorSDK.dll
    AccelerometerCalibrator.exe.0409.mui

Using the attached cab will fix all issues with the rom.

Those three added to my rebuild & perfecto....Well, there's still a pesky .net issue from time to time, but I think that is from these different net versions.
    Leaving...

After several years enjoying the evolution of Windows Mobile since version 6.0 with Sleuth ROM running on the first Tilt, later on moving to the Fuze and finally to the Tilt2, I am leaving the scene.

I've been playing with Android, and I liked the ability to change and customize it the same way we do with WM, plus the thousands of applications available.

Therefore, I sold my Tilt2 and got an Android phone. I feel a little bit awkward doing it, but the lack of significant developments on the WM 6.x front has been bothering me.

I hope someone will keep the FAQ updated (volunteers, please contact NRGZ so that he could grant you editing rights to that post).

It was a pleasure and an honor to interact with this great community. I appreciate everyone's efforts to solve problems, push the envelope, make our phones more useful and fun devices.

A special and big THANK YOU to NRGZ, for his outstanding ROM and for his flexibility in trying to satisfy our needs.

See you around on XDA.
    Good evening fellas,

I'm a dutch proud user of touch pro 2 :D
    But I am still running the stock rom >_> Starting to annoy me to be quite honest :p

So I was looking at the forum about wich rom is the best for me.
    And as I read trough this post I would really like to download and install this rom.
    But before I do ... I would like to ask a few question:

1) I type alot on in with my keyboard out. Does this word correctly and the most impoirtant ... does the 'fn' key work? (as in: can I type the symbols on my keyboard)

2) I have my calendar items on the homepage. 3 at a time. Do these show in this one aswell? because the pictures don't show any calender items. I sync trough office 2007 almost everything. Contacs, e-mails and the most important is the calendar.

So would I have any problems with these things? or are you guys hitting your head like: dude .... why didn't you upgrade earlyer :eek:
    Joe, I'll just say this....

I'm not the type to sit there and enumerate a list of "friends" like Laurentius does. It's corny. I'm also not the type to sit there and "credit" every single developer of every single app in my ROM. I credit major contributors, like Cookie and the guys that designed the themes I use in my ROM variations. In short, I credit who *I* feel I need to credit. But overall, I'm not the "crediting type" of guy.

I know you like to get in the nitty gritty of over explaining your point, but realize you're in the minority here. I ask you to stop please. Thanks.

No more arguing about crap that doesn't really matter... This isnt the Android world where everybody has to be credited. We ALL steal from MSFT and HTC when it comes to WM. I'm sure they don't get a rat's ass if I credit them here. Most of the devs that made the little apps in my ROMs aren't around anymore, which is why I DO credit the ones that matter.

Okay, enough rambling. Please consider this matter closed.