• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[r14] arter97 kernel for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

HyperFirez

Jul 16, 2016
I was told that if I install this Kernal, LineageOS won't install because of TWRP. I'd really rather use TWRP instead of Lineage Recovery. I also learned that the RP2 apparently is a bit weird as it doesn't have a "real recovery" and it's actually apart of the Kernal. And this Kernal is the only way to install TWRP.

So that being said, is there a method to install Lineage with this particular Kernal, or am I just SOL?

Reactions: LSS4181

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
I was told that if I install this Kernal, LineageOS won't install because of TWRP. I'd really rather use TWRP instead of Lineage Recovery. I also learned that the RP2 apparently is a bit weird as it doesn't have a "real recovery" and it's actually apart of the Kernal. And this Kernal is the only way to install TWRP.

So that being said, is there a method to install Lineage with this particular Kernal, or am I just SOL?
Unless TWRP somehow understands how to install "payload.bin", and how to correctly decrypt an encrypted /data, there's really no good way. (Lineage Recovery, on the other hand, does not support accessing /data, thus avoiding the problem entirely)

Not to mention Magisk being another problem. Without access to /data, you now have to install modules directly from the Manager after initial installation, and this won't work for modules that explicitly expect to be installed via recovery.

I'm still following the process and haven't actually flashed LOS yet, as there are still some ongoing issues (namely camera-related), plus that exFAT is explicitly unsupported (since it's not supported on stock, either).

As for exFAT, I don't know if a toggle in the device tree is needed to include support for it, or just building another ROM known to have support of it would do. Also, I'm still looking for documentations on how to build a different recovery for a given ROM build environment, instead of Lineage or AOSP's recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: HyperFirez

HyperFirez

Jul 16, 2016
Unless TWRP somehow understands how to install "payload.bin", and how to correctly decrypt an encrypted /data, there's really no good way. (Lineage Recovery, on the other hand, does not support accessing /data, thus avoiding the problem entirely)

Not to mention Magisk being another problem. Without access to /data, you now have to install modules directly from the Manager after initial installation, and this won't work for modules that explicitly expect to be installed via recovery.

I'm still following the process and haven't actually flashed LOS yet, as there are still some ongoing issues (namely camera-related), plus that exFAT is explicitly unsupported (since it's not supported on stock, either).

As for exFAT, I don't know if a toggle in the device tree is needed to include support for it, or just building another ROM known to have support of it would do. Also, I'm still looking for documentations on how to build a different recovery for a given ROM build environment, instead of Lineage or AOSP's recovery.
Thanks for the info. I did find this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...fat-module-twrp-device-tree-and-more.3898732/

But seems like it's still WIP and not really a good idea to try it out just yet.
I've also yet to install LOS because of the issues with the camera and other stuff like you said.
From what you said, it sounds like I can't use Magisk at all with the RP2 because of the encryption on the /data folder?

Would you recommend any other ROMs (that are Android 11/10 based) that I can use this Kernal with for the RP2?
I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just want a newer version of Android.

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
Thanks for the info. I did find this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...fat-module-twrp-device-tree-and-more.3898732/

But seems like it's still WIP and not really a good idea to try it out just yet.
I've also yet to install LOS because of the issues with the camera and other stuff like you said.
From what you said, it sounds like I can't use Magisk at all with the RP2 because of the encryption on the /data folder?

Would you recommend any other ROMs (that are Android 11/10 based) that I can use this Kernal with for the RP2?
I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just want a newer version of Android.
Pretty much all devices now encrypts /data by default for security concerns, but only some implementations can be accessed by TWRP after providing correct credentials.

Actually you can use Magisk, as nowadays initial Magisk installation (by flashing the Manager apk file, you may need to rename it to a zip first) no longer requires access to /data. It's just the modules can be a problem as without the help of Recovery, you can only install modules from the Manager, that some may not have support for such (though most of the actively-developed ones can already be installed via the Manager).

An additional issue would be that you'll have to use another way to backup your data, as without TWRP, you cannot make Nandroid backups like before anymore.

With this kernel you can choose from a wide range of GSIs. Personally most things would work fine on GSIs, just that NFC and WPA3/SAE are currently not working on Android 11 GSIs (these can be used on Android 10 GSIs from what I remember).

HyperFirez

Jul 16, 2016
Pretty much all devices now encrypts /data by default for security concerns, but only some implementations can be accessed by TWRP after providing correct credentials.

Actually you can use Magisk, as nowadays initial Magisk installation (by flashing the Manager apk file, you may need to rename it to a zip first) no longer requires access to /data. It's just the modules can be a problem as without the help of Recovery, you can only install modules from the Manager, that some may not have support for such (though most of the actively-developed ones can already be installed via the Manager).

An additional issue would be that you'll have to use another way to backup your data, as without TWRP, you cannot make Nandroid backups like before anymore.

With this kernel you can choose from a wide range of GSIs. Personally most things would work fine on GSIs, just that NFC and WPA3/SAE are currently not working on Android 11 GSIs (these can be used on Android 10 GSIs from what I remember).
I'm gonna avoid GSIs as much as possible because I heard that Verizon doesn't like them very much.

I usually don't backup my data anyway since I don't really store any files on my phone. Everything is mainly on my PC. My Phone is essentially for YouTube, occasional gaming, and of course just being a phone.

Good to know I can install Magisk though. I did hear however that there is a way to decrypt the /data drive to allow you to install modules properly. Though with that being said, I have no idea what the modules even do as I haven't done much research into that.

MoPhoMike

Feb 3, 2012
Bloomingdale
Quick, dumb "noob" question here: Some time ago, I updated Magisk to v23. It patched the factory boot image to be able to install it. Consequently, I've lost TWRP with the Arter Kernel. Is it safe to patch the Arter boot img file, and which version is the most stable to use on MR3? I've been considering flashing to a more updated version like MR5 or MR6, but not sure of the ramifications of what works and doesn't work. Any advice, info or links would be greatly appreciated. I'm mainly just looking to get TWRP back and working.

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
I'm gonna avoid GSIs as much as possible because I heard that Verizon doesn't like them very much.

I usually don't backup my data anyway since I don't really store any files on my phone. Everything is mainly on my PC. My Phone is essentially for YouTube, occasional gaming, and of course just being a phone.

Good to know I can install Magisk though. I did hear however that there is a way to decrypt the /data drive to allow you to install modules properly. Though with that being said, I have no idea what the modules even do as I haven't done much research into that.
Sadly yes, GSI is no-go for Verizon...

For me, everything except NFC and WPA3/SAE works fine. Bluetooth audio can be buggy but that's mostly an issue with stock vendor audio policies. Most Qualcomm devices ship with two sets of audio policies for some reasons (with stock ROM using an alternative one that could be switched to within Phh-Treble options). In this device's case, both sets of policies have their own flaws and neither is perfect. I've audio devices that only work with default policies, and some that only work with the alternative ones, with no way to get all of them work at the same time.

On the other hand, exFAT is supported out-of-box on GSIs.

Quick, dumb "noob" question here: Some time ago, I updated Magisk to v23. It patched the factory boot image to be able to install it. Consequently, I've lost TWRP with the Arter Kernel. Is it safe to patch the Arter boot img file, and which version is the most stable to use on MR3? I've been considering flashing to a more updated version like MR5 or MR6, but not sure of the ramifications of what works and doesn't work. Any advice, info or links would be greatly appreciated. I'm mainly just looking to get TWRP back and working.
I recall having the same issue myself before, TWRP broken after Magisk update.

My issue was fixed by flashing original arter97 r14 kernel then flash the latest Magisk again. Guess there might be regressions in the update mechanism that could cause recovery to break.

edison

Jul 21, 2007
Razer recently replaced my RP2 under warranty, and I've spent more than a few hours trying to get root/Magisk with TWRP. I also had the no-screen issue, so I'd like to run MR7 if possible, in the hopes it fixes that issue.

Rooting was easy with the Magisk-patched MR7 image. However, I can't boot when I flash the r14 kernel.

I'd like to have TWRP, but I don't know how to get it working on MR7. Any suggestions?

Specifically, I'd like to be able to make nandroids. But I don't even know if that is even possible on a modern phone/android version? i.e., Is /data always encrypted, and if so, is it possible to make a nandroid?

There's also some zips that expect to be installed via recovery, so I'd like that ability, too. It appears that the factory recovery image will only install signed zips.

Lastly, does anyone know if the TWRP in the r14 image is the stock Cheryl TWRP image? The version is listed as 3.2.3-arter97, but I can't find any repos with that code. I'm also not able to boot from the latest TWRP.img.

I attempted to extract the TWRP recovery ramdisk from the r14 image and repack with the patched MR7, but that failed to boot recovery or system.

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
Razer recently replaced my RP2 under warranty, and I've spent more than a few hours trying to get root/Magisk with TWRP. I also had the no-screen issue, so I'd like to run MR7 if possible, in the hopes it fixes that issue.

Rooting was easy with the Magisk-patched MR7 image. However, I can't boot when I flash the r14 kernel.

I'd like to have TWRP, but I don't know how to get it working on MR7. Any suggestions?

Specifically, I'd like to be able to make nandroids. But I don't even know if that is even possible on a modern phone/android version? i.e., Is /data always encrypted, and if so, is it possible to make a nandroid?

There's also some zips that expect to be installed via recovery, so I'd like that ability, too. It appears that the factory recovery image will only install signed zips.

Lastly, does anyone know if the TWRP in the r14 image is the stock Cheryl TWRP image? The version is listed as 3.2.3-arter97, but I can't find any repos with that code. I'm also not able to boot from the latest TWRP.img.

I attempted to extract the TWRP recovery ramdisk from the r14 image and repack with the patched MR7, but that failed to boot recovery or system.
Maybe something changed in MR7 that prevented old code from working (sadly the security patch model is indeed adding some hassle with booting current kernels that hasn't been updated for a while).

Don't know if our device's kernel image can be used with this tool. Try changing the kernel's security patch level to match MR7's and see if it can boot.

By the way, the TWRP used in arter97's kernel has his own modifications so it's not the same as stock ones. Note this in the OP:

"It is crucial to use my kernel's TWRP as it includes an older version of mkfs.f2fs and passes an incorrect parameter to mkfs.f2fs."

You'll probably need to ask arter97 directly if the changes is not already out somewhere.

It's just that I'm not sure if it's possible to make TWRP able to decrypt /data for this device. The TWRP for a Sony device I previously used could at one point decrypt /data (ext4 only) but encryption on custom ROMs/TWRP can sometimes be unstable that at one point it got messed up after OTA (prompted a text password while I used a PIN, and is impossible to get it correct, even though decryption continued to work in TWRP), that only after reverting to the previous build was I able to get it back working.

After all the trouble I had to go through with an encrypted /data I eventually gave up and left /data unencrypted. I don't think I'd re-enable encryption until I can find a hassle-free means to manage stuffs while encrypted from both system and recovery, and without any potential risk of myself being deprived access of my own data.

rrusek

Mar 3, 2006
The issue is not with the install but that Lineage will encrypt the data partition with FBE. So there is no point in using TWRP. The version of TWRP with Arter97 kernel does not understand FBE (file based encryption)..

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
The issue is not with the install but that Lineage will encrypt the data partition with FBE. So there is no point in using TWRP. The version of TWRP with Arter97 kernel does not understand FBE (file based encryption)..
Ugh... FBE. Guess I'm totally SOL to use TWRP while keeping the data encrypted. Sometimes it's just impossible to both keep the data encrypted while making maintenance work remain as straightforward as it used to.

I don't fully understand how encryption works for Android devices but I always feared that the data would always have to be wiped entirely when clean flash, whereas without encryption /data/media can be preserved (so I don't always have to backup everything, and TWRP by default doesn't backup /data/media), unless I want to format /data to another filesystem type.

edison

Jul 21, 2007
Maybe something changed in MR7 that prevented old code from working (sadly the security patch model is indeed adding some hassle with booting current kernels that hasn't been updated for a while).

Don't know if our device's kernel image can be used with this tool. Try changing the kernel's security patch level to match MR7's and see if it can boot.

I'll try that when I have a spare moment and report back.

By the way, the TWRP used in arter97's kernel has his own modifications so it's not the same as stock ones. Note this in the OP:

"It is crucial to use my kernel's TWRP as it includes an older version of mkfs.f2fs and passes an incorrect parameter to mkfs.f2fs."

You'll probably need to ask arter97 directly if the changes is not already out somewhere.

I reached out to arter97 via PM a few days ago, but no response as of yet. Of course, he's not obligated to get back to me, but I'd love some more info.

And for what it's worth, I think I've been able to extract his specific TWRP (3.2.3-arter97) from the r14 image, and while I can get the phone to boot into TWRP, it doesn't see any of the partitions, so I'm assuming MR7 made some filesystem updates.

It's just that I'm not sure if it's possible to make TWRP able to decrypt /data for this device. The TWRP for a Sony device I previously used could at one point decrypt /data (ext4 only) but encryption on custom ROMs/TWRP can sometimes be unstable that at one point it got messed up after OTA (prompted a text password while I used a PIN, and is impossible to get it correct, even though decryption continued to work in TWRP), that only after reverting to the previous build was I able to get it back working.

After all the trouble I had to go through with an encrypted /data I eventually gave up and left /data unencrypted. I don't think I'd re-enable encryption until I can find a hassle-free means to manage stuffs while encrypted from both system and recovery, and without any potential risk of myself being deprived access of my own data.

I don't know how to not encrypt the RP2. I've gone through the OBE about a dozen times and even if I skip the pattern/PIN, the device still says it's encrypted.

Maybe I should just be content with a rooted MR7 and use OS-level backups. The OCD hacker part of me hates to give up, though.

edison

Jul 21, 2007

Perhaps you were responding to an earlier post, but in my case, I'm trying to get TWRP going on the stock (well, Magisk-patched) MR7, not LOS. Do you have any indication the Razer factory MR7 image is using FBE?

rrusek

Mar 3, 2006
Perhaps you were responding to an earlier post, but in my case, I'm trying to get TWRP going on the stock (well, Magisk-patched) MR7, not LOS. Do you have any indication the Razer factory MR7 image is using FBE?
I was responding to another post.

Not sure that MR7 is using FBE, most likely using FDE (Full Disk Encryption). By installing f2fs_fstab.zip and formatting in f2sf, encryption is disabled in MR7.

To get TWRP working with MR7 I did the following:

1. Fresh install of MR7
2. Fastboot flash arter97-kernel-r14-20200428.img
3. Go into TWRP
4. Install TrinityKernel-kernel-r4-20200512.zip (could not get arter97 kernel working under MR7)
5. Reboot back into TWRP
6. Install f2fs_fstab.zip
7. Reboot back into TWRP
8. Factory wipe
9. Optional, install latest Magisk.zip
10. Reboot into SYSTEM

edison

Jul 21, 2007
I was responding to another post.

Not sure that MR7 is using FBE, most likely using FDE (Full Disk Encryption). By installing f2fs_fstab.zip and formatting in f2sf, encryption is disabled in MR7.

To get TWRP working with MR7 I did the following:

Awesome. I'll try that. I didn't even think about flashing different kernel from TWRP.

And now I'm curious if I could extract and flash the Magisked stock kernel that way.

edison

Jul 21, 2007
No need to flash Magisked kernel. Just install magisk zip from TWRP once you have done factory wipe. It will patch the trinity kernel with root..

Oh, yeah, I get that. I'm just musing that the stock kernel may be more bug-free than the trinity kernel. The fact that several other users have reported the dead-screen-but-live-phone issue makes me wonder. That was an extremely annoying problem that occurred multiple times a day with no workaround except a hard boot.

Either way, I'll try the trinity kernel and report back. Thanks for the help, man.

rrusek

Mar 3, 2006
I have been running on the trinity kernel since March without any issue. Not sure if there is any real benefit of going through the effort to extract the stock kernel.

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
Oh, yeah, I get that. I'm just musing that the stock kernel may be more bug-free than the trinity kernel. The fact that several other users have reported the dead-screen-but-live-phone issue makes me wonder. That was an extremely annoying problem that occurred multiple times a day with no workaround except a hard boot.

Either way, I'll try the trinity kernel and report back. Thanks for the help, man.
Trinity kernel is indeed a bit unstable compared to arter97's. I once had issues like the phone soft reboots if I unlock the phone too soon upon system startup (likely some kind of race condition is going on). The issue can be avoided by waiting a few minutes before unlocking the phone, and the issue is not present in arter97's.

As for the dead-screen-but-live-phone issue... I don't know what you mean, but I have an issue that the phone may freeze completely when the screen is off and the battery is below 30%. This issue is present in both Trinity and arter97's. When it happens, the phone is actually dead as it stopped communicating with my bluetooth accessories (like my earbuds and smartwatch).

A hard reboot would bring the phone to recovery when the phone is frozen, but when I hard reboot the phone while it's operating normally, it'll reboot straight to the system. Maybe something sleep-related went wrong and caused the system to hang in this case.

Last edited:

DRMMR144

Jan 9, 2016
Razer Phone 2
Trinity kernel is indeed a bit unstable compared to arter97's. I once had issues like the phone soft reboots if I unlock the phone too soon upon system startup (likely some kind of race condition is going on). The issue can be avoided by waiting a few minutes before unlocking the phone, and the issue is not present in arter97's.

As for the dead-screen-but-live-phone issue... I don't know what you mean, but I have an issue that the phone may freeze completely when the screen is off and the battery is below 30%. This issue is present in both Trinity and arter97's. When it happens, the phone is actually dead as it stopped communicating with my bluetooth accessories (like my earbuds and smartwatch).

A hard reboot would bring the phone to recovery when the phone is frozen, but when I hard reboot the phone while it's operating normally, it'll reboot straight to the system. Maybe something sleep-related went wrong and caused the system to hang in this case.
The guide to load Android 11 GSI says to use the trinity kernel r4 in one of the steps, but the link to download it is broken. Is it possible to use arter97 in its place? Would that be preferable anyways if it had fewer issues?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    arter97.png

arter97 kernel for Razer Phone 2 with TWRP and exFAT support​

/* Details */

Latest CAF msm-4.9 kernel fully merged
    This kernel contains more cutting-edge changes from Qualcomm than the regular sdm845 tag
    Latest Linux 4.9 subversion merged
    Use CONFIG_HZ = 300
    - This changes context switching interval from 10ms to 3.33ms
    - Pixel used this for years and Google recommends other vendors to do the same for fewer jitters
    Memory management improved(from Pixel 2 & 3)
    Pixel's lowmemorykiller used
    DM-verity fully disabled (you can remount /vendor to R/W properly)
    Scheduler commits cherry-picked from Pixel 3
    Timer optimizations
    RTL8152/8153 USB LAN adapter support
    TWRP support with proper f2fs support (see below)
    Permissive SELinux
    Passes SafetyNet
    Built with -O3 speed optimizations
    Built with latest GCC
    Westwood as default TCP network congestion control
    UFS optimizations
    Entropy hook on storage removed
    Latest mainline f2fs support with GC fixes
    CFQ I/O scheduler backported from mainline
    Systemless installation (the kernel itself doesn't touch /system or /vendor)
    Modules support disabled for lighter kernel
    WireGuard support
    Additional exFAT support with modified vold
    Removed RTB(interrupt) logging entirely

/* f2fs */

This kernel fully supports f2fs for /data and I encourage everyone to use f2fs with my kernel for better performance.
    See here as to why you might want f2fs.

Use the integrated TWRP to format /data to f2fs.
    It is crucial to use my kernel's TWRP as it includes an older version of mkfs.f2fs and passes an incorrect parameter to mkfs.f2fs.

1. Boot to the integrated TWRP and flash f2fs_fstab.zip
    2. Reboot to recovery again
    3. Wipe /data by entering Wipe > Format data > "yes"

After formatting, or flashing a new ROM or an OTA, /vendor’s fstab needs to be changed.
    Flash f2fs_fstab.zip to convert fstab to f2fs again. f2fs_fstab.zip won’t format your /data partition.

/* exFAT support */

This kernel fully supports exFAT via sdfat drivers from Samsung.
    You must use the provided vold to use exFAT as the stock vold doesn't support exFAT.

You must decrypt your phone before using this vold mod as it doesn't support FDE implementation with Razer Phone 2.
    Following the f2fs guide above is the easiest method.

Flash vold_mod_arter97.zip from TWRP and you're done.
    Screenshot

/* Disclaimer */

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

/* Warning */

Redistribution, modifying files used within this project's file or integrating with other projects are prohibited with no exceptions other than my projects.

Making mirrors, re-uploading to another servers are also prohibited with no exceptions.

/* Thanks to */

TheCrazyLex
    xboxfanj
    Tim Murray
    RenderZenith
    nathanchance - for android-linux-stable

/* Instructions */

You can use the zip file to flash the kernel from your existing TWRP recovery.
    If you don't have TWRP installed already, you can use the img file to flash the kernel directly from your PC via fastboot.

Both methods will install both kernel and modified TWRP recovery.
    You can check if the modified TWRP is installed by looking at TWRP's version name.
    It should say "arter97".

/* Downloads and links */

arter97.com
    Kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
    arter97 kernel for Razer Phone 2, Kernel for the Razer Phone 2

Contributors
    arter97
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-03-25
    Last Updated 2020-04-27
    /* Changelog */

r14
    Reverted SELinux back to permissive to fix recovery

r13
    img file updated for P MR3
    SELinux is now set to enforcing
    Minor patch to improve responsiveness

r12
    LA.UM.8.3.r1-06300-sdm845.0 merged
    Linux v4.9.196 merged
    Wi-Fi drivers updated to 5.1.1.74O
    Latest f2fs-stable merged
    Diag USB interface enabled for QPST

r11
    Linux v4.9.189 merged
    Wi-Fi drivers updated to 5.1.1.73W
    LA.UM.7.3.r1-08200-sdm845.0 merged
    LA.UM.7.8.r1-06900-SDM710.0 merged (includes various scheduler improvements)

r10
    Linux v4.9.186 merged
    LA.UM.7.3.r1-07900-sdm845.0 merged
    LE.UM.3.2.1-00910-SDX24 merged
    Faulty Low Memory Killer fixed to work better and resolve wake-up delays
    General scheduler improvements backported
    Virtual memory allocator performance improved
    Task scheduler debugging disabled properly for lower overheads
    Many parts of the kernel converted to use hotplug state machine
    WireGuard updated to 20190702
    Bunch of memory allocations from various subsystems were reworked to perform much better (thanks to Sultan) (total of 46 patches)
    Debugging features disabled for Adreno GPU drivers to improve performance
    Rewritten IOMMU by Sultan reverted to resolve screen flickerings

r9
    Linux v4.9.180 merged
    Wi-Fi drivers updated to 5.1.1.72J
    Fixed several memory management issues from previous releases
    - This fixes multiple issues including performance regressions(wake-up delays, etc) and radio malfunctions
    - Thanks to @habylab for testing multiple builds prior to release)
    LA.UM.7.8.c3-06800-QCS605.0 merged
    LE.UM.3.2.1-18400-SDX24 merged
    Removed f2fs debug tracing codes added by Qualcomm
    qseecom performance improved
    Re-enabled kernel tracers for avoiding janks
    32-bit vDSO added for improving performance on arm32 programs
    Audio kernel updated LA.UM.7.3.r1-07800-sdm845.0

r8b1
    Linux v4.9.175 merged
    Wi-Fi drivers updated to 5.1.1.71H
    LA.UM.7.3.r1-07400-sdm845.0 merged
    LA.UM.7.8.r3-01400-SDM710.0 merged
    Fixed a Qualcomm issue that prevented audio-app stune creation
    Merged various patches from Proton kernel by kdrag0n to lower overheads and improve responsiveness (thanks to kdrag0n, sultanxda and ab123321)
    Now VLA-free
    RCU boost enabled for better responsiveness
    New patches made to f2fs for more efficient GC and trim
    FBE(File Based Encryption) now works with f2fs

r6
    Reverted a problematic Wi-Fi drivers optimization causing Wi-Fi to not turn on after some period of time

r5
    Reverted a minor Wi-Fi drivers improvement causing kernel panics

r4
    Linux v4.9.168 merged
    Fixed a major memory management regression
    Linux CMA pool size increased for better CMA efficiency
    Improved memory allocation from the Wi-Fi drivers to reduce memory fragmentation
    Fixed occasional kernel crashes(entering dumpmode) on shutdowns

r3
    Linux v4.9.166 merged
    LE.UM.3.2.1-11600-SDX24 merged
    Various changes made to f2fs rapid GC to make it more efficient
    dirty_expire_centisecs set to 30 seconds to reduce flash wearouts and power consumption
    Wi-Fi drivers downgraded to 5.1.1.70J to fix hotspot and signal strength issues

r2
    Fixed data decryption with ext4 on TWRP

r1
    Initial release