• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

r4 - Custom ROM starter template - Honor 7 PLK-L01 B370

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Let's get some custom ROM tweaking going on for our 7s! :)

As well as my own MoDaCo Custom ROM for the 5X, I've created a custom ROM starter template for anyone who wants to have a go. It's a bit different.

Basically, this ROM template will let you create your own custom ROM VERY easily. Easier than ever before. All you have to do is...

• download my ROM template zip
  • make the changes to the system of your phone just as you'd like them for your custom ROM
  • run some commands on your device via ADB
  • add the resulting files to the template zip
That's it! No messaging around with install scripts, no rebuilding anything complex, just mod - and go! ;)

Preparation

ONLY if you are completing the process for the first time, you need to set up a file on your microSD card - so launch and ADB shell and type the following commands...

Code:
touch /sdcard/exclude
echo app > /sdcard/exclude
echo priv-app >> /sdcard/exclude
echo delapp >> /sdcard/exclude
ROM build

Once you have your system up and running how you want it, and you're ready to distribute it (just the system and cust dirs mind, it won't pull the data dir, so your personal data is safe), reboot to recovery, launch an ADB shell and type the following commands:

Code:
mount /system
tar -X /sdcard/exclude -zcvpf /sdcard/system.therest.tar.gz /system/
tar -zcvpf /sdcard/system.apps.tar.gz /system/app /system/priv-app /system/delapp
mount /cust
tar -zcvpf /sdcard/cust.tar.gz /cust
You'll then end up with 3 new files on your SD card - system.apps.tar.gz (which is apps and priv-apps from system), system.therest.tar.gz (which, as the name suggests, is the rest of the system partition!) and cust.tar.gz with is the cust partition contents.

Update the template zip with these 3 files and that's it. It's ready to distribute for people to flash via TWRP! If you have updated the boot image, you'll need to replace that too, the easiest way is to do a TWRP backup then pull that file from the SD card and drop it into the template zip as boot.img. That's really it!

I hope this inspires a few people to start playing around with custom ROMs for the 57.. more cool things coming soon! :)

Oh and the all important template file...

P

Last edited:

DigiGoon

Ahead of my own MoDaCo Custom ROM for the 7, which is coming soon, I've created a custom ROM starter template for anyone who wants to have a go. It's a bit different.

Basically, this ROM template will let you create your own custom ROM VERY easily. Easier than ever before. All you have to do is...

• make the changes to the system of your phone just as you'd like them for your custom ROM
That's it! No messaging around with install scripts, no rebuilding anything complex, just mod - and go! ;)

We tried to compile a tree from the files extracted from the device, and adding vendor blobs, but was not successful, if you have a tree by which we can get a working ROM, then can you please share it with us? :)
Thank you for the template though. :)

Last edited:

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
Is it possible to make such a template for B180 (LP)? I am fed up with MM but wish to have slightly modified stock LP rom.
Why would the dev create a pack like that based on an outdated software version? B330 runs as good as any previous builds. Here and there a tiny bug as every build has. No need for such nonsense as creating a B180 build now.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using XDA-Developers mobile app

morganmf

Jul 27, 2010
Western Pomerania
Why would the dev create a pack like that based on an outdated software version? B330 runs as good as any previous builds. Here and there a tiny bug as every build has. No need for such nonsense as creating a B180 build now.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using XDA-Developers mobile app

With all the respect, it is not as much outdated as you say. B330 isn't as good as LP's B180. In manmy cases MM can be pain in the ass. It is not only my opinion. I understand you are happy with it but not everyone has to be you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As well as my own MoDaCo Custom ROM for the 5X, I've created a custom ROM starter template for anyone who wants to have a go. It's a bit different.

Preparation

ONLY if you are completing the process for the first time, you need to set up a file on your microSD card - so launch and ADB shell and type the following commands...

Code:
    touch /sdcard/exclude
    echo app > /sdcard/exclude
    echo priv-app >> /sdcard/exclude
    echo delapp >> /sdcard/exclude
    ROM build

Once you have your system up and running how you want it, and you're ready to distribute it (just the system and cust dirs mind, it won't pull the data dir, so your personal data is safe), reboot to recovery, launch an ADB shell and type the following commands:

Code:
    mount /system
    tar -X /sdcard/exclude -zcvpf /sdcard/system.therest.tar.gz /system/
    tar -zcvpf /sdcard/system.apps.tar.gz /system/app /system/priv-app /system/delapp
    mount /cust
    tar -zcvpf /sdcard/cust.tar.gz /cust
    You'll then end up with 3 new files on your SD card - system.apps.tar.gz (which is apps and priv-apps from system), system.therest.tar.gz (which, as the name suggests, is the rest of the system partition!) and cust.tar.gz with is the cust partition contents.

Update the template zip with these 3 files and that's it. It's ready to distribute for people to flash via TWRP! If you have updated the boot image, you'll need to replace that too, the easiest way is to do a TWRP backup then pull that file from the SD card and drop it into the template zip as boot.img. That's really it!

I hope this inspires a few people to start playing around with custom ROMs for the 57.. more cool things coming soon! :)

Oh and the all important template file...

P
    Changelog

r4:

• Updated to B370
    r3:

• Updated to B330
    r2:

• Boot flash fix
    r1:

• Initial release

Ahead of my own MoDaCo Custom ROM for the 7, which is coming soon, I've created a custom ROM starter template for anyone who wants to have a go. It's a bit different.

We tried to compile a tree from the files extracted from the device, and adding vendor blobs, but was not successful, if you have a tree by which we can get a working ROM, then can you please share it with us? :)
    Thank you for the template though. :)
    Great News!

We have been trying to compile the tree for so many weeks without reaching any positive results.

Thank you for your work and contribution. We will be tuned for your updates.

Note: It would be kind if you can share your feedback on this post -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-7/development/tree-help-creating-honor-7-device-tree-t3310970
    I haven't looked at the device tree yet, it's on my list of things to do!

I'm creating a stock-based ROM first then moving on to that.

P