This kernel won't work with OOS11...Updated my OP7 Pro to OOS 11 today, tried flashing the r65 and now am stuck in bootloop.
Error message: boot reason: fs_mgr_mount_all.
Unable to parse kernel log.
Head over to https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...o-released-open-beta-4-now-available.4221067/ - the OP contains a link to the OB4 extracted images.Okay good to know my bad then. Any idea where i can find the original Kernel?
Flashing the current iteration of the kernel is not possible with OOS 11, it was built for Android 10 and OnePlus have not released the kernel drivers yet for OOS 11.Didn't work that way, or i didn't get it to work. Went back to OOS10. Is this kernel going to available any time soon on OOS11?
This is a great kernel, big thumps up!
I just was interested in converting data to f2fs and see the performance difference. But problems are unfortunately occuring.
How do i clean install with twrp an current OOS 10 Stock Rom (10.0.11) with your kernel and data partition in f2fs?
it looks like i'm doing something wrong as mentioned because i got wiered behaviour like at the start not recrognizing my paid apps in PlayStore, Force Closing Apps (especially on first load up), Renovate Rice Tweak App not working, viper4android staying at abnormal...even with audio fixes.. and music if started playing with an connected headset first starts playing on loudspeaker..
anyone else with some kind of theese problems? Any expierence with f2fs and current stock rom?
is there a speed difference against ext4 in real life scenario? (Like opening and switching from apps and system in general?)
Many thanks already for any held provided by you all!
Running OP 7 Pro with latest OOS 10, with r65 kernel and data formatted to F2FS using TWRP + arter's optimization script.
Everything works flawlessly, no issues at all.
Ok, let me try.Do you mind to tell me/us in all steps with Clean Stock install how you did manage to do so.
Ok, let me try.
I've just used all the instructions provided by arter already, nothing fancy.
Make sure you use latest TWRP version (https://eu.dl.twrp.me/guacamole/).
1) Ideally, factory reset your phone - in OS or in recovery, doesn't matter, but I prefer the recovery way.
2) Flash latest arter's kernel.
3) Flash magisk 21.4 - I know there is newest version 22.0, but I have problems with updating.. I was stuck in fastboot after flashing it, so I've recovered my phone and stick to good old 21.4.
4) Now it depends on your phone.. I've got 7 Pro (not T version), which has simplified way to convert to F2FS. With 7/7 Pro, you just have to format your /data in TWRP recovery. So, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > tick data > Repair or Change filesystem > Change filesystem > F2FS.
4*) If you have 7T / 7T Pro, the process is more complicated, look at main post in this thread.
5) After that, flash optimization script by arter - https://arter97.com/browse/f2fs/optimize/20190607/ .
6) That's all, you are good to go.
Honestly, don't know if there any "noticable" differences in performance, because I've just recently switched from 5T, so rooting + custom kernel was the first thing that I've done after getting phone in my hands.
But I have to admit, phone is flying and battery is also great for me (considering I'm using full QHD+ and 90 Hz combo).
One last tip, stay on Android 10 for now. I know Oneplus released "stable" OOS 11 update, but what I've heard from lot of ppl (reddit and OP forums), update sucks, there are some problems with overheating, bugs and features missing . I'm now waiting for it to get more stable, also OP has to release new kernel sources so devs can update their custom kernels to A11.