• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Racer - By Luma Arcade

Search This thread
I have had this game since I got my play way back in July of 2011. I do not know why Luma Arcade never released this game but it was pretty fun.

This is a racing game with some twisted metal / road rash type elements. As this apk is not listed anywhere I have decided to list it here.

Admin - if this game is in violation please let me know and I will remove it immediately. But again as i stated this game was a tech demo.

Original Link: http://lumaarcade.gamestudiosites.com/product/racer

Here are some photos:

tumblr_lozs29Qels1r0849po1_500.jpg

4U7sF.jpg

127773093_295.jpg

1353546838_1353497213_racer_01.jpg

ss-854-0-1

1354618800_racer_03.jpg

1354618798_racer_04.jpg

And here is the only Youtube video I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xlknbx95nc

APK

https://my.pogoplug.com/s/Z9g4Lz32mNk/

Enjoy and please list your thoughts on the game. I think the graphics are nice but the controls could you some tweaking...

Again... Admin if this is in violation please contact me immediately and I will remove the link.

EDIT - Just played it now, and I think all it is is just a race after a race... perhaps this was a tech demo to show off the Xperia PLAY and the Unity engine? Thats all I can think of... either way really nice graphics and sound. Triggers work well, and the touchpads work too.

Last edited:
Just found this on the Unity forums:

See post by DAN FURY, shows a video of this game, not very good video quality.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/77...Confirmed-For-March-Verizon-Unity-As-Partners

Followed by the post right below DAN FURY's

"Three Union games are being exhibited on the show floor: Guerilla Bob by Angry Mob Studios, Luma Arcade’s Racer and Air Attack HD by Art in Games. All three have been optimised for Xperia Play using a dedicated API."

Intersting stuff reading up on this old XP stuff.......

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

So I just finished a race on this game and its pretty fun, definitely worth downloading. I laughed when I nitroused around a corner only to roll my car!! Not alot of games actually show that happening. This is definitely a tech demo, it has 2 cars and one track. Thanks for the game!

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Here's some gameplay video I shot.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

I laughed when I read that part of the article. Its been "coming soon" since 2011. They are going by what the developers website says, and it hasn't been updated in years.

BrianChase

Nov 7, 2010
Orlando
Droid Gamers is truly pathetic when it comes to any kind of research or journalistic effort. The only thing they do right is "find" new releases that were designed by people with enough marketing sense to send Droid Gamers a memo telling them about it. The staff not only has atrocious grammar but they often jump to the wrong conclusions in an effort to create news (a-la Huffington Post). On top of that, the idea that their staff has any real interest in gaming is naive at best given their constant mistakes especially regarding ports. For example: Ikaruga was noted as "the popular Xbox Live Arcade shooter". I can find at least three things that disgust me in every article they have ever written and if you want to test me on that then link away!

Hi all, could someone please re-upload this game?
Thanks in advance :cool:
Sooo sorry for the hella long reply. Please see link from Racer by Luma arcade apk:

Feel free to repost and share this lost apk, thankfully I found it on my old server

Also if anyone is still looking for xperia play stuff, PM me for some goodies.

flintza

Aug 3, 2021
Sooo sorry for the hella long reply. Please see link from Racer by Luma arcade apk:

Feel free to repost and share this lost apk, thankfully I found it on my old server

Also if anyone is still looking for xperia play stuff, PM me for some goodies.
That gdrive link seems to be down, do you perhaps still have that apk lying around somewhere?

Top Liked Posts