[RADIO] Evo-1.39.00.05.31

Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE "BRICKING" OF YOUR DEVICE. FLASHING A RADIO IS DANGEROUS, DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY OR STOP THE UPDATE AT ANY TIME. FOLLOW ON SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS AND BE PATIENT.

That said... let the fun begin!!!

Anyhow this is the latest radio from:

RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6_Radio_1.39.00.05.31_release_171253_signed

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING:

- Download the EVO-1.39.00.05.31-radio-signed.zip from below
- Put it on the root of your sdcard (top level)
- Reboot to recovery and run .sh or .bat file to gain custom recovery
- Select "Flash zip from sdcard" in recovery
- Select "EVO-1.39.00.05.31-radio-signed.zip" and confirm the flash
- Ath the bottom it will say "Reboot via menu to complete installation" do as it says and select reboot in the menu
- it will then say "writing image" then reboot to a screen with a phone and a green arrow
- then it will reboot again showing the same screen with the arrow but have a little status bar.
- after that it will reboot into android and prompt u with a congrats on flashing the new radio. press ok ansd cancel the firmware update (its useless :p)
- navigate to settings>About phone>Software information
- under Baseband u will see "1.39.00.05.31"
- your done now. enjoy the awesome new radio :p <~~~ congrats its not a brick!!!

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

chumba8

May 5, 2008
Seattle Wa
toast your a monster

Man what a good job your doing toast I can hardly keep up :) I am loving my rooted Evo I/O Phone tho thanks to you I am even sending someone my Incredible to see about root cuz I sill never use it again lol

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
is this the radio extracted from football's RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6 and packaged into a custom update.zip for recovery?
change log? any idea what it updates/fixes/improves?

htc doesnt do chage logs in their ruus anymore. ur guess is as good as mine as to whats changed. they obviously want u to use this radio for a reasion or else they wouldve just left the old one.

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
htc doesnt do chage logs in their ruus anymore. ur guess is as good as mine as to whats changed. they obviously want u to use this radio for a reasion or else they wouldve just left the old one.
didnt see an answer to this previously?
is EVO-1.39.00.05.31-radio-signed.zip the radio extracted from football's RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6 and packaged into a custom update.zip for recovery?
is there a simple way to determine this? compare radios? what partition are they kept in? mtd2?
sorry bunch of questions as my thoughts flow

Last edited:

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
So should we apply this right after we follow instructions from here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690762

Is this supposed to replace the OTA update?

Thanks toast!
somebody can correct me if im wrong, this is just what ive gathered from reading.

yes, apply this radio udpate.zip after rooting using's toasts method and running his recovery. when the recovery UI pops up, then load this radio update.zip file posted in the OP. that way you'll still be able to keep root and have the latest radio.

this does not replace the OTA update, this update only patches the radio, it does not patch the software.

pingpongboss

Apr 7, 2010
San Jose
Thanks for the quick response guys. So are we free to apply the OTA ourselves after we root and use this radio upgrade? I keep remembering toast saying not to apply any RUU's (not sure if the OTA update counts as an RUU)

Call me stupid, but what are the benefits of flashing the radio?
Since they don't release the changelogs, we don't know what has changed. But as toast said, there must be a reason they updated the radio.