[RADIO] GB 2.3.3 Radio Updater - Baseband I9020XXKB1

Search This thread

deeren

Nov 30, 2008
Vaud
FRANK,
thanks for the radio. could you make a zip for the xxkb3 radio please?

i have for one successfully flashed the i9023xxkb3 radio on my phone ( amoled i9020) with odin from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=970890

I REPEAT: i HAVE FLASHED ONLY THE RADIO (for others reading). the name reads i9023xxkb3 but after flashing on my phone , it correctly displays i9020xxkb3 in settings under baseband.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
after flashing the radio(it flashed fine. much faster then flashing a radio on the N1) i noticed it connected to the network much faster than the old one. also, in the location im at now, data speed more than doubled! it went from 2.5mbps to nearly 6! i hope its that way when i get home too :)
i flashed it over the latest cm7 kang without any issue.

fchipm

Jan 7, 2010
Thanks for this. Working nicely with CM7.

Seems reception is a little better.

Just curious what's MD5?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

sonnysekhon

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 15, 2010
Vancouver
Thanks for this. Working nicely with CM7.

Seems reception is a little better.

Just curious what's MD5?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

It's a hash function to check if the download is intact. A broken download can brick your phone.

Not checking MD5 is like going raw with a chick you picked up at a bar.

j0hnZ

Nov 10, 2009
Seattle
The new radio is awesome, I actually get reception in my apartment that's halfway below ground(on a hill), that I never got before. Almost no need for Wi-Fi Calling anymore. Scratch one problem with the phone off my list.

cfhuk

Feb 24, 2011
Bolton
New radio is great. Bluetooth connection is now flawless whereas before it would always drop the media connection to my stereo (I assume the baseband governs the bluetooth radio as well?).

By the way, does anyone have the old radio .zip for 2.3.1? I downgraded to 2.3.1 to get the OTA update to 2.3.3 rather than the update.zip from the forum (in case the yellowy screen was a fault of a flawed update) and now i can't get the OTA because i still have the 2.3.3 baseband (i assume this is the reason i can't get the 2.3.2 OTA being as it has always been available when i was on 2.3.1 in the past.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajftl

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
new radio works great .. i get better speed.. much better upload speed..... nexus always rules...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Radio Updater:

GB 2.3.3 Radio Updater [MediaFire] - Radio233Update.zip
    [updates baseband to I9020XXKB1]

[MD5] : cc39ce34ad76fb66e80d2b2c2cd3cb88

Installation:

1 - Download
    2 - Reboot Recovery
    3 - Install
    4 - Reboot
    New radio is great. Bluetooth connection is now flawless whereas before it would always drop the media connection to my stereo (I assume the baseband governs the bluetooth radio as well?).

By the way, does anyone have the old radio .zip for 2.3.1? I downgraded to 2.3.1 to get the OTA update to 2.3.3 rather than the update.zip from the forum (in case the yellowy screen was a fault of a flawed update) and now i can't get the OTA because i still have the 2.3.3 baseband (i assume this is the reason i can't get the 2.3.2 OTA being as it has always been available when i was on 2.3.1 in the past.
    Thanks in advance.