• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Radio goes black, with little speaker connected?

Search This thread

hurks

Nov 25, 2007
Hey there, i got a new Tesla Style Radio but have some problems.
Think the small Canbus Box is defect.

If the speaker is connected and i put on an Indicator the Radio is going black.
If the Speaker is not connected, than nearly everything is working normal but all the Signals are gone and PDC is not working.
The little Box is getting really hot - is that normal?

Thanks

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Sounds like your shorting it out.
Is the speaker impedance correct and not defective ie shorted, bad crossover etc?
Are all grounds properly connected?

In general...
Everything connected correctly with heavy gauge wire on the V+ and ground inputs.
All grounds should go to a common grounding point to lessen the possibility of ground loops.
Don't daisy chain V+ supply wiring especially with a high wattage amp. A heavy gauge dedicated cable coming directly off the battery is best.

hurks

Nov 25, 2007
Is the speaker impedance correct and not defective ie shorted, bad crossover etc?

In general...
Everything connected correctly with heavy gauge wire on the V+ and ground inputs.
All grounds should go to a common grounding point to lessen the possibility of ground loops.
Don't daisy chain V+ supply wiring especially with a high wattage amp. A heavy gauge dedicated cable coming directly off the battery is best.
Thanks for your answer. But maybe i did not describe it well enough.
The complete Unit is only connected with the Quadlock and with the Canbus Decoder.
At the Decoder there is a little 2 Pin Connector for a small Speaker who just make the Signal Sounds from the Car
I am waiting for a answer from the technician...

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
The complete Unit is only connected with the Quadlock and with the Canbus Decoder.
At the Decoder there is a little 2 Pin Connector for a small Speaker who just make the Signal Sounds from the Car

If you have a DVM measure the resistance between the leads going to the speaker.
See if it's a dead short ie less than 1 ohm.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
The Speaker works, you can hear the Signals but the Radio is going black.
But i will check it.

Make sure the device is connected properly; all grounds are good and V+ wires connected.
A bad crimp maybe? Many times I'll use solder /heat shrink tubing when splicing instead.
Otherwise it sounds like a faulty unit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In general...