[RADIO]Raphael Radio Thread - Latest Raphael 1.13.25.55 Radio [27 November 2009]

Which Radio do "you" find the best.

• 1.02.25.19 Raphael

Votes: 406 16.9%
  • 1.02.25.27 Raphael

Votes: 34 1.4%
  • 1.02.25.31 Raphael

Votes: 59 2.5%
  • 1.02.25.28 Raphael

Votes: 377 15.7%
  • 1.02.25.32 Raphael

Votes: 478 19.9%
  • 1.03.25.18 Diamond

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • 1.09.25.14 Blackstone

Votes: 148 6.2%
  • 1.05.25.BS14 Diamond

Votes: 30 1.2%
  • 1.09.25.23 Diamond

Votes: 107 4.4%
  • 1.08.25.08 Diamond

Votes: 51 2.1%
  • 1.06.25.29 Xperia

Votes: 94 3.9%
  • 1.09.25.13 Quartz

Votes: 52 2.2%
  • 1.08.25.20M1 Raphael

Votes: 539 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

caeci11ius

May 26, 2007
Thanks heaps for that Captain. Not on AT&T (Optus in Australia) so hopefully will go fine. The whole network has been a bit crazy here ever since they started disconnecting HSPA sessions (sending back to 3G) to save space on the tower if no data had been transferred for a period.

Not too fussed about AGPS (not sure if it's working anyway here)...mainly concerned that GPS works by itself without periodically dropping or getting locked in a cycle of connect / disconnect which can only be fixed by restarting the phone...

Shame there's no RIL for 1.17...I get great audio quality with that, but either bad battery life or packet loss from data sessions depending on which RIL I use...

smacky_wolf

Mar 2, 2007
Sydney
Gah, my TP is dying, and I think it's a problem with the radio rom.

I've tried flashing every radio rom that I thought might help (stock AU, a few others that have been rated well) but I seem to constantly drop 3G and be stuck on 2G pretty much everywhere. Now also, every so often the radio just stops working and I get a SIM error (which may be some damage to the phone, but I doubt it as the handset has been treated well.)

Is there any way that I can totally blank the radio rom and try again? I've tried flashing to the stock 3 rom from their website which includes radio, but that hasn't seemed to help. I'm in an area where coverage has been fine in the past (full bars all the time) and I just can't get proper reception.

Any ideas?

Yoshi2k

Apr 6, 2007
Does any one of you know which radio version is used by t-mobile germany for their vario iv? I habe to bring in my device for warranty and do not want to risk it. Thanks!

hrothnir

Mar 23, 2009
better radio ROM for Bluetooth?

Fuze, radio 1.14.25.35
Always get poor Bluetooth with my Jawbone I and my BlueAnt speaker phone. Tried a few other brands, same problem. Even at very close distances, my voice is distorted. Even with all bars of reception, my Bluetooth is marginal.

Regular voice reception is mediocre in low reception areas (compared to my wife's Samsung clamshell).

This has been true through the last four models of HTC WinMo phones.

Currently running WinMo 6.5 from a Tael ROM. Best results so far--beats the Hell out of WinMo 6.1.

venomcorp

Feb 27, 2010
Can anyone from Balkan area to suggest an already tried radio with good quality signal and good gps signal?
Thanks

RAPH_Radio_1.12.25.19 - optimal radio for this region.I tried others combination and can tell this: Optimal batery life is 1.17.25.09 raph with Diamond Rilphone 1.15.25.14. I use Raphael Radio 1.14.25.35 and my signal was just wow..realy good(3G signal and wi-fi 100%),but my battery down for.....7-9 hrs.I cant use last radio now - when i run application it show me message:this is not for u phone.i dont know why , but i cant instal on my phone.But my friend tell me he is tried and he cant use wi-fi and GPS with last radio - 1.13.25.55.For now i am with 1.12.25.19 - GPS work good , wi-fi and phone signal(i use 3G) is good too,the voice sound when i make phonecall is clear and pure.That's from me for now.:cool:I am in Bulgaria by the way...if u know where is this :D

yozart

Dec 5, 2008
Strasbourg
Hi everybody,

what is the best radio/rilphone for france ? I'm using a lot the GPS and 3G and for the moment, I'm using 1.14.X with same rilphone version. But i have some troubles with the GPS which is always a bit late.

By the way, the links for radio 1.17.x and 1.13.x are dead.

Thanks a lot,
Yozart

Cyber Akuma

May 28, 2008
Ok, so if I'm understanding everything I tried to read in this thread:

Flash my custom rom, then the radio, then hard-reset.... but also the "best" radio wildly depends on where you live right?

Well, I live in the US and have a HTC Fuze (Att's rebranding of the HTC Touch Pro) and live in the Chicagoland area, does anybody else have this phone in this area? Is there a radio you can recommend for me? (I get pretty terrible reception)

Is there a different radio for best reception/performance over a radio that gives me better battery?

Thanks

slapdaddy

Apr 9, 2008
Louisiana
Just for informational purposes here...

I (finally) found and downloaded the Raph radio 1.17.25.09 on my device after being fed up with the GPS issues I was having with radio 1.14.25.35 (lock times widely fluctuated). I already had the ril for 1.14.25.35 installed.

Having the 1.14 radio flashed I would drop into Edge mode a lot around the city and surrounding areas. GPS lock times fluctuated widely (anywhere from 15 seconds to 45 minutes) and rendered its reliability to that of a paperweight.

Since flashing 1.17 I have not dropped into Edge mode a single time. I am seeing a greater signal strength across the board in all areas that I am normally traveling. GPS lock times are all within 10-15 seconds, cold, warm, or hot boot. Hot boots can expect a 5-10 second lock. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity remain unchanged and there is no noticeable difference between their performance between 1.14 and 1.17.

However, there is a difference in the Raphael 1.14.25.35 ril and the Diamond 1.15.25.14 ril. Performance is the same in all categories between the two except in battery life. I am guessing about a 30% less drain (the percentage could be more or slightly less) on the battery with the Diamond 1.15 ril installed.

Call quality may have changed, I don't know. I haven't really listened for that. :) But there is no echo present, I can hear callers perfectly clearly and they can hear me perfectly clearly. No call drops. It feels as if everything just got better.

For reference I have an HT850K Raph and I reside in the New Orleans AT&T market. I am going to evaluate this throughout the next few days as battery life will settle into its normal cycle.

Edit:

I tested the 1.15 ril for another day but the battery life suddenly decreased dramatically. If I didn't place one call or use the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth, from the moment I woke up with a fully charged battery, I'd go to sleep that night with the phone at about 60% battery power remaining. I uninstalled that ril and reinstalled the 1.14 ril and have seen much better results over the last few days. I am at 97% battery life and the phone has been off the charger since I woke up. I have not used the phone, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth at all. 1.17 radio with the 1.14 ril is a good combination for my area.

Last edited:

kevo78

Apr 25, 2009
Hi peoples, i currently run Energy 21889 rom and i have delays whilst talking on the G network, (optus australia) once i get to a better serviced area (H) the delays are gone. if i change radios will this help? what radio do i go for? as you can tell i'm still new to all this so any help is highly appreciated :)

thanks KevO

varekkai

May 24, 2010
San José
hi, i am pretty new to the whole tweaking/modding smartphones subject, and was wondering if you could help me with a question that has been keeping me from flashing a new radio (i have terrible reception at my home). I own an AT&T Fuze (I need the 850MHz for the 3g service in my country), so I was wondering if the radio stack affects which bands my phone will be able to use... I know that the proper hardware is needed to use each band, but i don't know if flashing another radio would prevent me from using the 850MHz band. I've been searching for the anwser around, but haven't found it, I would really appreciate any help, thanks!!

MareleSef

Sep 3, 2007
Hello guys,

I have 2 questions:

1. For the lates radio's were can i find the apropiate RILLPHONE's? I am useing Energy ROM's with very crapy battery life and signal quality since october builds with the latest radios... so i presume i need to overwrite the default rillphone in the rom with the once apropiate for the radio i hjave flashed

2. Anybody in Bucharest ROmania on the Orange mobile phone operator can pelase share some good radio/rillphone combination you guys have experience?

Thnak you in advance!

Alberisca

May 18, 2007
San Nicolò a Tordino
Hi guys I have a Pro Htc Raphael 100 (H3G ITA) with 1.90-Spl Olinex Energy.RAPHAEL.21683.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass.Nov.03 and Roma.
I tried radio 1.14.25.35 and 1.13.25.55 and everything ok, but when I try to put the radio 1.17.25.09 I get an error because the boot? "Upgrade ROM code error"
I also installed RaphaelUnlocker but still get the error

Last edited:

Alberisca

May 18, 2007
San Nicolò a Tordino
Hi guys I have a Pro Htc Raphael 100 (H3G ITA) with 1.90-Spl Olinex Energy.RAPHAEL.21683.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass.Nov.03 and Roma.
I tried radio 1.14.25.35 and 1.13.25.55 and everything ok, but when I try to put the radio 1.17.25.09 I get an error because the boot? "Upgrade ROM code error"
I also installed RaphaelUnlocker but still get the error
All fixed - wrong in a case .....

now I ask you kindly that RILLPHONE use with radio 1.17.25.09. thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20m1 radio sucks for GPS for me, but radio reeception was ok. GPS took 20 minutes to lock on!

btw MAW did you have the touchlockpro software when you had the 20m1 radio installed? was it the radio not the proggy that did the drain?

okey the same happened to me.. took me 20 minutes to lock.. do you sugget any that might work much better? have you changed or?

[edit]
    i changed to radio 1.02.25.28 and it took 25 sec. to lock 4-5 satellites ;)
    i have a touch pro unlocked gsm version with natf rom flashed and so forth.. well my prob is thateach time i try to flash a radion which were ment to be used for another phone which is supposed to work on the touch pro according to the thread, then i get an error [226]: write file. as for now i've flashed it with 1.08.25.20M1 Raphael which do work.. why can't i manage to use anything else.. i want to try the BS radion P1Tater is talking about...
    well you guys are right... i might have dissmissed that.. and seems like there are no shortcut to secu ulock it without paying.. correct me if im wrong though...
    in Turkey

i use blackstone 1.10.25.25 radio rom...in my opinion, this radio rom is the best...the gps connection time is max 1-2minutes under full cloudy weather.
    I was using 1.14.25.05 and i installed 1.17.25.09 yesterday. I have no problem and i think better battery life with it.
    Should i apply any rilphone.dll?
    You might as well just stick with the one you've got, especially if you've already confirmed better battery with the new radio/rilphone combination.