[RADIO][UXUMA7] For I727/I727R [19-FEB-2013]

Search This thread

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
* This is the RADIO pulled from the Rogers Official UXUMA7 Samsung Jellybean release. Note, this has no RIL (it appears the ril interface remains the same), but I have no idea if anything under the hood (device firmware) has changed. Also, no CSC. If you do NOT know what both the terms mean, search my friend.

You are flashing this at your own risk.

* Ask radio questions, read the damn stickies.
* Don't ask will this work on X ROM. Read the stickies about RADIO's in the forum. You will find the answers. Or, for christ sake, search!!

* Upload to your device.
* Check md5sum (download link has the md5sum)
* Usual flashing precautions should be taken.
* Choose zip from CWM.
* Flash.

* UXUMA7 (For I727 and I727R) Only.

radio-UXUMA7-no-csc-no-ril-cwm.zip (md5sum: 74feb0a98c388ed34680176c03b0d0b6)

* Please see my EMBRYO-5.4 thread for other radios.

Last edited:

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
Guinea pigging it here. Just flashed the new radio and can simply report it did not fry my phone ;) Running the latest CM10.1, phone booted up normally, shows AT&T as the carrier, LTE:13, normal amount of bars for me. Can't really see any difference at all between this and LL3 I was running. Haven't made any calls yet though, am hoping it eliminates the 1-2 delay in voice transmission that happens sometimes.

hotbyz168

Nov 21, 2007
Working good for me. On aokp 4.2.2. Seems to have an average of 3-4 dbm gain over the ics modems I was using. That's on lte btw.

Actually noticing 5 dbm to 7dbm increase on lte and hspa.
Nice work

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
anyone notice increase or decrease in in-call quality at all? Mine seems the same

crashpsycho

Jun 10, 2011
PHOENIX AZ
Nice work mohan thanks will report back

I love this radio full bars lte not once dropped to 4g now to test at work

Last edited:

rsarwar

Feb 9, 2009
Anyone tested with SuperLite CM10 JB 4.1.2? Currently using UXLF3 but LTE is not working here in Toronto, Canada on Rogers network.

-Graff-

Jun 2, 2012
Healdsburg
Tested on mohan_kr's Embryo 6.3 working perfectly. -cpt obv

2hxsygo.jpg

Significant improvement here in Northern California.

:good::good::good:

kchen96

Jul 9, 2012
Does this mean we will have embryo 6.5 or 7.0 or whatever mohan calls it based off an official release?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
This radio looks to perform better here in Lex, KY than ucll3...better signal and about the same in data...
Thanks mohan man

Reactions: engrboy

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
update signal the same, but data speeds slightly better than ucll3. in call quality is the same

rhkean

Feb 17, 2010
so.... I may be crazy, but...

caveat: Just switched from SlimBean 3.1 to AoCp/AOKP (tried both) witch I'm not too familiar with, so it could be me....

I have tried this new modem and it works fine for a while (2-4 hours) (WiFi off), but then I'll lose signal... reboots won't get it back, no internet.

But, if I turn on WiFi, the radio comes back...

(downgraded back to the LL3 modem and did not see this issue, but I may not have been patient enough)

-rob

robcore

Jul 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Google Pixel XL
That said, networking function is both kernel and framework based, so odds are the radio firmware conflicts somewhere within that Rom's configuration.

The radio is solid for sure, but it may not be compatible with the more recent kernel or api's used in aosp, and stock uses an older version of both. Odds are the kernel or framework could use patching.

If you enjoy that specific Rom and don't mind supporting the dev, i bet they'd benefit from seeing a log from the issues with this radio.

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
That said, networking function is both kernel and framework based, so odds are the radio firmware conflicts somewhere within that Rom's configuration.

The radio is solid for sure, but it may not be compatible with the more recent kernel or api's used in aosp, and stock uses an older version of both. Odds are the kernel or framework could use patching.

If you enjoy that specific Rom and don't mind supporting the dev, i bet they'd benefit from seeing a log from the issues with this radio.

Correct and in our case I believe we have the integrated chip and the F/W is included in the ROM (I haven't checked whether it is the same as the ICS). So the kernel is in play and F/W to emit the right instructions for network type changes.

I know for sure that SAMMY has changed the RIL implementation with their JB version whatever secret they know from the OEM, that is why the older radios do not work anymore. The open source derivatives are pretty much out of luck unless they reverse engineer (even though libRIL is open) for the best performance. I am not complaining, I have been getting significant improvement with the JB Radios and Sammy JB derived ROMS..

robcore

Jul 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Google Pixel XL
I am not complaining, I have been getting significant improvement with the JB Radios and Sammy JB derived ROMS..

Agreed, over all Samsung delivered quality with jb the likes not seen before by their stock firmware until now. A major factor seems to be the relative standardization of features and implementation across devices with similar capability, amongst a ton of other improvements.

Who knew that our obscure little s2 variant would turn out to be a powerhouse if utilized to their full potential, eh?

If only our hw collection wasn't so obscure, Mo ; ) if only.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * This is the RADIO pulled from the Rogers Official UXUMA7 Samsung Jellybean release. Note, this has no RIL (it appears the ril interface remains the same), but I have no idea if anything under the hood (device firmware) has changed. Also, no CSC. If you do NOT know what both the terms mean, search my friend.

You are flashing this at your own risk.

* Ask radio questions, read the damn stickies.
    * Don't ask will this work on X ROM. Read the stickies about RADIO's in the forum. You will find the answers. Or, for christ sake, search!!

* Upload to your device.
    * Check md5sum (download link has the md5sum)
    * Usual flashing precautions should be taken.
    * Choose zip from CWM.
    * Flash.

* UXUMA7 (For I727 and I727R) Only.

radio-UXUMA7-no-csc-no-ril-cwm.zip (md5sum: 74feb0a98c388ed34680176c03b0d0b6)

* Please see my EMBRYO-5.4 thread for other radios.

2hxsygo.jpg

Guinea pigging it here. Just flashed the new radio and can simply report it did not fry my phone ;) Running the latest CM10.1, phone booted up normally, shows AT&T as the carrier, LTE:13, normal amount of bars for me. Can't really see any difference at all between this and LL3 I was running. Haven't made any calls yet though, am hoping it eliminates the 1-2 delay in voice transmission that happens sometimes.
    So far working fine with i727R on Rogers, CM10.1 latest nightly. Thanks!

2hxsygo.jpg

Thank you! This is the exact data I needed, I'll be flashing very soon. As always, good work mohan! :good: