• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Radio Version for Samsung i780

Search This thread

JayRayMee.NL

Dec 17, 2005
www.rcblog.nl
To fix the gps you need to download the whole DXHC4 rom.
Extract it in a folder
Open Mirage program, click on eboot+pda+phone button
Select DXHC4 file, kill the mirage program in the process of the task manager.
Look into you c:\ you must have _phone.bin file, it's the file you will flash it contain the radio that fixs tomtom.
Open mirage loder click on phone button and select the _phone file.
Press detect and plug your phone.
And voilà
Flashing radio don't get loose langage.

I'm confused now.
So you are saying that it takes ONLY the _phone.bin phone part of DXHC4 to have the GPS working without helper software?
Others are saying that the phone part isn't relevant and you need the PDA part and the phone part.

What is it now?

knights191

Mar 1, 2008
Jeremy,

I have got a I780 dutch, so in theory I could backup my hole rom, and if you would need it, send me a PM (with instructions howto extract the complete more)
I think the (latest) phone (rom) is to have to GPS working correctly, furthermore My I780XKHA3 (pda and phone part) works with GPS out of the box, using GoogleMaps... and a more up to date phone rom should have tomtom working without using applications such as portsplitter

Furthermore; what is the latest phone rom, because I cant seem to find any clear post where al the roms are posted.

rexwrx8

Jul 4, 2008
newbie help on this pleaseeee!

newbie here,

here's my current version

PDA: i780 DXHC4
PHONE: i780 DXHC4

wifi: s/w: 1.0.0.0
h/w: 1.0

the problem I HAVE is that WIFI CONNECTS OKAY and DETECTS NETWORK OKAY, however, I CANNOT surf and/or download any DATA using Internet Explorer. It SOMETIMES download, but VERY VERY SLOW.

Can I get some help please????:confused::confused:

I tried another phone HTC Touch with WIFI, and no problems at all.

rexwrx8

Jul 4, 2008
hi all,

before I upgrade the ROM, i'd like to check first if I should go ahead and upgrade.

MY problem and the phone version/ROM version is this:

PROBLEM WITH WIFI Surfing...

Phone's ROM Version and WIFI version:

PDA: i780 DXHC4
PHONE: i780 DXHC4

wifi: s/w: 1.0.0.0
h/w: 1.0

the problem I HAVE is that WIFI CONNECTS OKAY and DETECTS NETWORK OKAY, however, I CANNOT surf and/or download any DATA using Internet Explorer. It SOMETIMES download, but VERY VERY SLOW.

Can I get some help please????

I tried another phone HTC Touch with WIFI, and no problems at all.

maxmon

Mar 2, 2007
i780 does not connect 3G!!!

I have updated a fully working italian i780 to 6.1 following the instructions (russian rom...). I have the 6.1 working but the i780 does not connect anymore to 3G!
I followed also The Solutor instructions reloading the Radio section (now is IHA7 with PDA XHE1) but still it connect to gsm I TIM (gsm) instead of I TIM (3G)

Any advice on how to solve it? It is getting me crazy....
thanks
max

jumper19

Aug 21, 2007
i780 Freeze at samsung logo after flashing

Hi everybody,

My brother's i780 (orange from UK, he got it with Polish ROM) had problems with wifi and gps. After trying to fight with portsplitters, patches for GPS (with no luck) i decided to flash it. I did it many times with all my PDAs, but this time I failed. First I tried to flash to Russian ROM, than to DXHE1 and then to wm6.1. After these steps Samsung behaves like this - i remove the batt, push the power button, the screen is blank for about 15 sec, samsung lolo appears and it's frozen forever (waited 15 minutes or so). It freezes when I perform a hard reset (formatting memory....).
I've tried Russian ROM alone, Italian (from parts), Polish (unbranded, Orange...) all the time the same results. Lucky me, that the bootloader works and I can still try other ROMs, but I came out of ideas. What can be wrong? I flash the PDA from XP SP2 (tried 2 different machines), installed i780 modem drivers, disabled USB connection in Active Sync - I did everything with the manual from XDA-developers forum.
I've found 2 cases like mine, but without any answer, so I'm asking you again.

Any ideas? I'll appreciate any help from you guys.

Last edited:

nbeyond

Sep 4, 2008
I am sorry I still have problem for updating _phone.bin. So, I have more specific questions to have this work as you did.

1. no actually switch the phone off...
Does this mean that the phone is turned off by pressing the power button when Window mobiles is on or the phone is turned off by taking out the battery and put it back on.

2. select the phone part of the rom and then connect the phone
Before the connection to i780, did you click the Detect button in MIRAGE v1.8?

3. it should auto start flashing
Neither of the cases in 1 starts flashing i780.

Any help, please? Thanks.

no actually switch the phone off...select the phone part of the rom and then connect the phone and it should auto start flashing

Gibla

May 18, 2007
Louvain
Hi Guys,

I tried several time to flash my i780, with no luck

I can't activate anymore the "phone" using communication manager!

The problem happens when mirage try to donwload phone.bin. I get that message:

Analyzing the Combined Image...Done!!
Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....
Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!
Analyzing the Combined Image...Done!!
Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....
Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDA Device 1 ready to download!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDA 1 starts downloading...
Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!
EBOOT will be written.
Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .
PHONE will be written.
Downloading EBOOT...
EBOOT finished!!
Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...
PDA Write count : 607
PDA finished!!
Downloading PHONE...
KW.KIM Create retry(25)
KW.KIM Create retry(24)

I'm using that official rom "DXHC4", downloaded here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/11342569...DXHC4.zip.html

I'm using mirage 1.8, and official modem driver:
http://www.4shared.com/file/21525397...em_driver.html

I also tried with another official samsung updater, and .exe so without using mirage, with the same problem.

I think that something it's wrong with the driver....a problem with active sync?!?

I've also tried to flash just phone.bin....but it's the same

So guys....HELP.....