[RADIOS] CWM Flashable Modems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Here is just a collection of CWM flashable modems i have tested to be working on the SGS-T989(D)

Get all radios HERE
Mirror'd in this post in the General Section http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1639771

NOTE: these are the radios i have TESTED this is why i don't have every radio available up here because i have not tested them to be working to some degree. Others are welcome to post and contribute what they have tested working as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
are all of them compatable with US tmobile, with the exception of the EU/asian one

I'm not sure fi wifi calling requires the tmobile modem, so it's really up to you guys to test and report in. What i can tell you is these modems will not damage your device.

they all work for me on telus (with exception of the DoMoCo one, since have no networks it supports here) However using the tmobile and rogers radio cut my HSPA+ speeds down to HSPA as the radios appear not to support dual channeling of HSPA on 850/1900 like telus needs.

Reactions: s1yfox

marcopolo1

Sep 2, 2010
Lima
I'm not sure fi wifi calling requires the tmobile modem, so it's really up to you guys to test and report in. What i can tell you is these modems will not damage your device.

they all work for me on telus (with exception of the DoMoCo one, since have no networks it supports here) However using the tmobile and rogers radio cut my HSPA+ speeds down to HSPA as the radios appear not to support dual channeling of HSPA on 850/1900 like telus needs.

means if i flash the Telus modem will support HSPA+ 850 ( the one i need in peru) but i get back to USA i have to flash again to the tmo stock modem to get 4G speeds on tmo network?

joemm

sorry for the noobish question but what excatly do these radios do? If i have the telus version of the phone, but using it on Wind Mobile, how will flashing this help me?

Diffrent radios might increase reception in some areas, increase download speeds and might improve battery life or they can do the opposite and be detrimental to recepition, download speeds and battery.... Users results may vary. Flash and test for your self.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
How sure are we that flashing modems through cwm is 100% safe? I know on a lot of other phones that while it is possible, its said that it is not safe. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just wanna be sure.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

cwalker0906

Nov 2, 2010
chicago
OnePlus 9
How sure are we that flashing modems through cwm is 100% safe? I know on a lot of other phones that while it is possible, its said that it is not safe. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just wanna be sure.

on the vibrant all the modems where came flashable and I've done dozens of time with all the modems they had and never had a problem. I was actually wondering why on this phone it wasn't being done. I would say from my experience it is safe

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
on the vibrant all the modems where came flashable and I've done dozens of time with all the modems they had and never had a problem. I was actually wondering why on this phone it wasn't being done. I would say from my experience it is safe

OK. I trust Mr. X but just wanted to hear from other people that have done it. I've personally never flashed a radio through cwm. I usually run what I have or fastboot it if that's an option.

joemm

OK. I trust Mr. X but just wanted to hear from other people that have done it. I've personally never flashed a radio through cwm. I usually run what I have or fastboot it if that's an option.

Generally fastboot is the safest method because of the bit check before flashing but I run the G2/ HTC Vision radio thread and as long as the MD5 matches it pretty safe, out of over 10000 downloads of my G2 flashable radio zips I think ive only seen 1 brick but even that one couldnt 100 percent be connected to the flashable zip so in general I thinks its very safe.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone