• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Raise wrist to Wake

Search This thread

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
So have this turned on and at times I have to shake my hand like a polaroid picture in order for it to wake and even then it does not wake

Just using one of the standard watch faces and it only wakes up sporadically or when I touch screen to wake (this button turned on also and also Turn bezel to wake)

Always on Display is turned off

Anyone have same issue and any settings that they used so it wakes up?

Reactions: jemfalor

frea

Sep 5, 2009
Yea I also noticed this behavior and dont like it....
On most watches you just need to rotate your wrist to wake them up but for the GW4 you need to literally raise your arm. This is ok when you are standing or walking but while sitting in a car or at a desk it really is annoying ...

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
I have not had this behavior on my GW4. The only time I have issues with face turning on is when I'm lying in bed. That is normal. The face should not turn on when watch is vertical and wrist is turned. When I turn wrist at desk or in car the face turns on. Is your wrist horizontal when the face does not come on?

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
I had the opposite problem (too sensitive) before turning lift to wake off. I suspect it is a gyroscope calibration issue. Unfortunately, I am unaware of any method for calibration at this time.

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
Okay, I found the calibration screen. On your watch, go to the phone app and dial *#0*#, then scroll to "Sensors" and preform a "Selftest" on the Gyro while it is sitting perfectly still. You can also calibrate the other sensors from this menu. If the watch won't let you go back, you may have to reboot by holding the two buttons down. Let us know if that helps.

Edit: To exit the menu, swipe right.

Last edited:
Reactions: SirDigitalKnight

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So have this turned on and at times I have to shake my hand like a polaroid picture in order for it to wake and even then it does not wake

Just using one of the standard watch faces and it only wakes up sporadically or when I touch screen to wake (this button turned on also and also Turn bezel to wake)

Always on Display is turned off

Anyone have same issue and any settings that they used so it wakes up?
    Okay, I found the calibration screen. On your watch, go to the phone app and dial *#0*#, then scroll to "Sensors" and preform a "Selftest" on the Gyro while it is sitting perfectly still. You can also calibrate the other sensors from this menu. If the watch won't let you go back, you may have to reboot by holding the two buttons down. Let us know if that helps.

Edit: To exit the menu, swipe right.