Random loss of system memory - stuck in splash screen

Search This thread

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
Last night around 1 am, my phone's screen and keyboard lit up signifying that i got a new email. I use S2U2 v2.04 and phonealarm pro v2.05 to alert me about emails/sms/calls. So, like usual, I unlocked the phone, entered the password and was about to go to the home screen to tell it to ignore the new email. Except this time, as I'm trying to enter the password, a system message comes up "your device is running low on system memory, please uninstall or delete programs to recover more memory". i ignored it and tryed to go back to the home page..still nothing. It kept showing a black screen with the su2u top row info "clock, carrier picture, signal". So, I restarted the phone, and it gave me another "low memory" system error. Every time I would restart my phone, the memory would reset to 55-56 MB out of the possible 128 MB "rest used for OS, s2u2, phonealarm, and spb diary". there wasnt any way i could uninstall apps because it wouldnt open the uninstaller, nor could i delete any files because the file explorer wouldnt show me program files or my documents. then it wouldnt show me the start menu. so i restarted again, and now its stuck in the splash screen. going into spl/serial mode is still possible, but i dont know what to do with it. i want to try ad recover the data on the phone....but i hardly see that as possible. i tryed factory formating it, but i dont know how.

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
I ended up going to the AT&T store and they factory restored it using the left+right soft key and the reset button. its working now...still confusing of what happened with the memory