• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Random overheating with Pixel 6 pro

Search This thread

Saelee

Jan 9, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have an unlocked P6P on the Tmobile network. I noticed that this phone gets HOT under normal use. During setup I used it without a case because I didn't have one yet and it got really hot. I understand that it could be hot because it is doing a lot of things at the same time.

The next day after everything was setup and installed I noticed that it got pretty hot under normal use, I even turned down the brightness of the screen. This is just bowering the web, shopping on amazon and other random stuff. The thing that is kinda weird was I let the phone cool down before I played some game on it. Mario Kart go and clash royal for about 30 minute and the phone didn't get hot. It does NOT get hot charging so I am guessing it's not the battery.

The two previous phone that I had OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 5, I never had any issue with it overheating even underload.

Anyone else have issue with the phone overheating?

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I have an unlocked P6P on the Tmobile network. I noticed that this phone gets HOT under normal use. During setup I used it without a case because I didn't have one yet and it got really hot. I understand that it could be hot because it is doing a lot of things at the same time.

The next day after everything was setup and installed I noticed that it got pretty hot under normal use, I even turned down the brightness of the screen. This is just bowering the web, shopping on amazon and other random stuff. The thing that is kinda weird was I let the phone cool down before I played some game on it. Mario Kart go and clash royal for about 30 minute and the phone didn't get hot. It does NOT get hot charging so I am guessing it's not the battery.

The two previous phone that I had OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 5, I never had any issue with it overheating even underload.

Nope.

Are you in a 5G area? (cuz I am not).

It seems that most problems with heat/battery life come from 5G, if the reports are true.

PROtein20

Aug 8, 2011
Dallas
I have had a similar experience with my P6P. Just browsing the web is get really hot and drains the battery. Mine also gets hot while charging. Today on the drive home I had navigation on while charging and in 25 minute drive it only charged 2% due to throttling bc of heat. I have 5g disabled since day 2 with phone. I also have 30w car charger capable of 3800ma charging current. This is with adaptive battery on as well. Like OP, I never had heat issues with any OP phones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-154625.png
    Screenshot_20211105-154625.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Weird, I'm not getting overheating at all (in the UK). 5g is maybe slightly warmer it's not that bad.
I also never experienced overheating, been using Pixel 6 Pro since 27.10. I did notice the first day when setting up the device that it got a little warm, but that was neither "hot" nor "overheating". It simply felt warm.

I guess it has something to do with US 5G networks, since I've not yet seen someone from Europe complaining about overheating.

I should note that there is no 5G in my area available, so my phone has always been using 4G.

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I also never experienced overheating, been using Pixel 6 Pro since 27.10. I did notice the first day when setting up the device that it got a little warm, but that was neither "hot" nor "overheating". It simply felt warm.

I guess it has something to do with US 5G networks, since I've not yet seen someone from Europe complaining about overheating.

I should note that there is no 5G in my area available, so my phone has always been using 4G.
Yeah, first day (Tuesday of release) it was quite toasty after I set it up but after the update and day to day I don't get any heat or anything. I live in a 5g area and it does get warmer but not extreme I don't think.

Napa7m

May 12, 2012

Mine does the exact same thing doesn't matter if i'm on wifi or 5G with strong signals.
Also Unlocked, but on Vz network.
I would be browsing this forum and feel it start heating up randomly.
Do you also have horrible battery life?
It seems like some of the devices have these same issues, and others do not.

• Wow
Mine didn't get warm/hot at all before I unlocked and rooted. I had it locked for nearly two weeks, no troubles. Now I'm experiencing this as well. Web browsing it got warm. Doing some other things today like installing a couple magisk modules, some other random things, it got somewhat warm. Not sure what's going on? I'm only on LTE where I work. Also, I've been on 5G and no issues. I wonder if something used for root, one of my root apps could be doing it?

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
I honestly think this is just a rebranded exynos chip, it just overheats at the slightest thing, if they can't fix the heating issues then it's defo just an exynos chip.... Which is poor

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I honestly think this is just a rebranded exynos chip, it just overheats at the slightest thing, if they can't fix the heating issues then it's defo just an exynos chip.... Which is poor
Don't give Samsung all the credit, Google is capable of creating an inefficient chip on their own, lol. Using 2 year old core modules was Googles decision, so it's not just the evil exynos at work^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes I am. Noticed that I got the 5g UC icon and the speed is crazy fast.

Even though I am on 5g I was at home with my wifi when the phone was heating up
    Your phone will connect to both wifi and 5g, try at home to turn off 5g and use wifi and 4g and see if the problem. Persists
    Yes I am. Noticed that I got the 5g UC icon and the speed is crazy fast.

Even though I am on 5g I was at home with my wifi when the phone was heating up
    Weird, I'm not getting overheating at all (in the UK). 5g is maybe slightly warmer it's not that bad.

Yeah, first day (Tuesday of release) it was quite toasty after I set it up but after the update and day to day I don't get any heat or anything. I live in a 5g area and it does get warmer but not extreme I don't think.