• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Random parallel apps

Search This thread

Haunt3r

Hi all, occasionally I'll get a parallel app within my app drawer, a reboot fixes it, for a while, just curious if anyone else has seen this or knows of a permanent fix? I'm the screenshot I've attached you can see the calendar app duplicated which isn't even an app that should be able to duplicate.

Screenshot_20210611-135511.jpg

System info:
Oxygen OS 11.2.7.7 LE15AA
Rooted with Magisk 23001
Magisk app version 23001
Update channel:Canary
Magisk modules
Systemless Hosts
BusyBox for Android NDK
Nova launcher (though I've seen it happen with stock too)
Omega kernel 5.4.61

Hopefully that's enough info.

Reactions: PKkeys

Haunt3r

I had this issue when I ran Island for it's battery saver features as that manipulates user groups I think. Only time I've had that happened and you didn't mention the app though so probably not any help
The battery saving apps I'm using are greenify, naptime, servicely. (unrelated to battery sort of I'm using the GPU underclock from FKM)

Update 06/18/2021:

I reorganized my app drawer, making folders and putting everything in there or hiding the app icons via Nova Launcher (was able to hide the calendar with the parallels app icon), and so far after a reboot it hasn't come back but I also haven't used my phone much so not sure what is triggering it still.

Last edited:

Haunt3r

So I've been messing around in logcat and looking for anything that might stick out and it looks like somehow apps are being randomly added to user 999. It's extremely evident when using smart launcher. pretty much any app I install is getting a duplicated parallels app.
The only way I've found to fix this is to remove the created user within adb

https://actuallydavide.com/blog/2019/04/13/how-to-remove-work-profiles-on-oneplus-devices/ this article details on how to do this. Don't worry about removing the user, if/when you create another parallel app via oneplus UI it recreates user 999.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, occasionally I'll get a parallel app within my app drawer, a reboot fixes it, for a while, just curious if anyone else has seen this or knows of a permanent fix? I'm the screenshot I've attached you can see the calendar app duplicated which isn't even an app that should be able to duplicate.

Screenshot_20210611-135511.jpg

System info:
    Oxygen OS 11.2.7.7 LE15AA
    Rooted with Magisk 23001
    Magisk app version 23001
    Update channel:Canary
    Magisk modules
    Systemless Hosts
    BusyBox for Android NDK
    Nova launcher (though I've seen it happen with stock too)
    Omega kernel 5.4.61

Hopefully that's enough info.